Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding dress show off! (Post a picture of your dress here!)

There isn't anything much more exciting that finding "the one" (the dress, not the love of your life). Sadly, we all kinda have to hide it for what feels like forever. Not even all of my bridesmaids have seen it, and those family members who practically demanded pictures of the dress will probably forget about it by January rolls around... My fiance is really traditional about the idea of wanting to see me for the first time in my dress walking down the isle (awe, right?), so I've been keeping it as secretive as possible.

So, I figured us brides could use a little "show off" since we are probably all busting at the seams. Here's a picture of mine:

Re: Wedding dress show off! (Post a picture of your dress here!)

• Options
    This is mine, a Sophia Tolli that I'd gotten at the bridal salon, had never been tried on, and discontinued, so got it for a great price!
  • Options
    I just bought mine on Saturday. It was dress #3 and the one I felt the most "me" in.

• Options
    Love seeing all of the pretty dresses! Here's mine, it's on order, should be another 5 months before I put it on in my size and I can't wait!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @chibiyui That headpiece is so freaking cool

• Options
    @jenna8984 Thanks! It now resides in a bell jar, waiting for the Ren Faire, as thats about the only place I can wear it too.

Anniversary
  • Options

I don't have a picture of me in mine, but here it is.

• Options
    The back is really fun with two large flowers. You can't see it well on me because I was all clamped up (the sample was three sizes too large).
  • Options
    I'll be wearing a Pronovias Bazan, which is discontinued from 2012, but I found it new on the rack at a struggling bridal shop in my hometown. I couldn't believe how comfortable and soft the tulle is... I kept running my hands down the sides and the shop owner was scolding me about the natural oils on my hands, haha. But here she is! My gorgeous new dress. :)
  • Options
    mj8215mj8215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I love looking at everyone's pretty dresses! 
    I've already AW'd mine in a separate thread but what the heck :D 

- The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • Options
    Here's mine... Sottery and Midgley "Jane".  Not a great pic as it doesn't show the awesome back or small train.  It's not scheduled to arrive til end of July :(
    Beautiful dress and I feel your pain, I ordered mine in Feb and they said 6 months so I'm looking at August which is about making me flip out! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here's mine... Sottery and Midgley "Jane".  Not a great pic as it doesn't show the awesome back or small train.  It's not scheduled to arrive til end of July :(
    Beautiful dress and I feel your pain, I ordered mine in Feb and they said 6 months so I'm looking at August which is about making me flip out! 
    Yeah it's such a weird experience to make a purchase like that and walk away with nothing.  My wedding is Sept 12 so it'll be rush rush rush once it's here. We ordered it in a petite size though, with the hopes it won't need hemming (cause I have no idea how they'd hem a dress like that), and hopefully it won't need much else... the one in the photo was on the tight side (basically no breathing allowed) and was a size smaller than I ordered. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I love my dress! It was the last one in stores (Melissa Sweet from DB), on sale, and the first dress I tried on! It worked out perfectly.  I did try on others but this was the only dress I felt 100% like myself and comfortable.  It's hanging in my closet at my parents house and just needs some alterations.  The picture doesn't do it justice... 
  • Options
    Yeah it's such a weird experience to make a purchase like that and walk away with nothing.  My wedding is Sept 12 so it'll be rush rush rush once it's here. We ordered it in a petite size though, with the hopes it won't need hemming (cause I have no idea how they'd hem a dress like that), and hopefully it won't need much else... the one in the photo was on the tight side (basically no breathing allowed) and was a size smaller than I ordered. 
    Good luck when it comes in! It will look stunning on your big day! My bust is so small it wasn't even on the chart so we had to go smallest size we could order and will most likely have to take it in for the ladies. I got lucky (I am SHORT) and the designer I picked will do a custom length to fit your measurement so fingers crossed mine comes in pretty dang close!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just bought mine yesterday! It was actually a really strange feeling for me to make this choice, because it's a little bit different than what I thought I wanted, but I just love it, and as is the case with everyone else's dress, the pictures just don't do it any justice. It's Legends by Romona Keveza L317. You can't see it in the pictures but the lace has clear sequins sewn all through it so it just sparkles (like a speshul little snowflake ;) ) with out being blingy, which is just perfect! I can't wait to see it and try it on in my size!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    @pinupbride6189 - did you get your dress at Bridals by Lori? That raised catwalk looks very similar to the one I see on SYTTD Atlanta.

• Options
    @Maggie0829 I sure did! I live fairly close, and my mom and sister (who is also engaged and found her dress there yesterday, too! yay!) thought it would be fun, and it really was quite the experience. Cindy was my consultant and Megan was my sister's. :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Drooling at all these lovely dresses!! :D 
  • Options
    cgss11, look at how tiny your waist looks!!!!
  • Options
    That's so gorgeous!
  • Options
    Ordered mine on Memorial Day! I can't wait to see it again! It's a Demetrios 1467 and a gorgeous vintage gold/ivory color 
  • Options
    I don't look the most flattering in this picture, but here's my dress.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards