Wisconsin
Options

Help! Venue fell through :(

Long story short, we had a place lined up (soon to be renovated barn) and they ran out of funds so they had to turn away everyone! Now I am back to square one.

So my question is, who can recommend a nice rustic/industrial venue in Milwaukee? I have checked with Pritzlaff, Rail Hall, Cuvee, Warehouse, and Iron Horse but all are booked. 

We are also open to having something on the lake - does anyone know the cost of Pier Wisconsin Pilot Room or their tent venue?

Help, help, help!

Re: Help! Venue fell through :(

• Options
    Depending on the date you're looking for, Pier Wisconsin's Pilot House and Tent space might be already booked - we were looking at the venue over the weekend, and most of April-November 2015 is already spoken for on Saturdays.

Saturday prices for April-Nov:
    - Pilot house: $7,000 rental + $17k F&B minimum for Saturdays (not inclusive of service charge at 21% and 6.1% sales tax)
    - Tent: $5,000 rental (I think - we were more interested in the Pilot House) + $15k F&B minimum for Saturdays (again, not inclusive of service charge and sales tax).

If you're doing ceremony and reception there, consider that ceremonies at the Pilot House start at 5 pm, Tent starts at 6 pm (they often have both spaces booked in a night). If you're going for sunset photos and the wedding is late summer / early fall, consider when sunset happens. There's also a $1500 fee to have the aquarium exhibits open for cocktail hour while they do the room flip in the Pilot House.

Friday and Sunday prices are markedly lower (as would be expected) - if you want those numbers, reply to this thread and I can look them up and add them for you.

Joann is delightful to work with & would be one of the big reasons we would book with them over other vendors. All said and done, it looks like a wedding for about 225 will cost around $33k to have it at Pier Wisconsin for us, and that's only for the event fees (rental, security, service charges, F&B, parking, etc.,  not floral, music, photos, dress, etc.).

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center is beautiful, not so much industrial but pretty rustic! Getting married at the end of the month there!
  • Options
    I've never been there, but the Black Swan Hall in Grafton fits your nice industrial specification!
  • Options
    Coast or the Miller Room by Zilli. Candy is a dream.  If you're needing something last minute, it might be worth checking out Coast. It's a restaurant that you rent out, but they give you the WHOLE restaurant, bar, and there is a dance area. It's on the lake front and is pretty reasonable.
  • Options
    muenginerdmuenginerd member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    kmwmke said:
    Coast or the Miller Room by Zilli. Candy is a dream.  If you're needing something last minute, it might be worth checking out Coast. It's a restaurant that you rent out, but they give you the WHOLE restaurant, bar, and there is a dance area. It's on the lake front and is pretty reasonable.

Can't agree more with this!  We had our wedding last year at Miller Room, it was amazing, Zili was amazing, and Candy blew us away.  Her attention to detail and contact is the best their is.  My mom works with multiple hotels and resorts around the Chicago area and she had never had a vendor ontop of things like Candy was.  Our guests absolutely loved the venue and the location.  A year later and we are still hearing about it from people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards