Not Engaged Yet

How did you meet your SO?

I realized that I don't know the story of how any of you met your wonderful SOs. We've done proposal stories, wedding recaps, partner brags, but I don't think we've done a post about how everyone met. Was it love at first sight? A close friendship that turned into more? Did you dislike each other at first? Tell me your story!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How did you meet your SO?

• @goldenpenguin what a great story! alcohol sometimes makes you make AWESOME decisions.

@eilis1228 - i love that you thought he was gay.

@alpacina @minskat30 - i think its beyond cool that you just knew right away that these were special guys.

@labro - im sure he was nervous too....just trying to play it cool ;)

@keptinstitches - wow thats awesome that you guys reconnected after so many years apart! totally sounds like fate!
  • @labro He may have a tremor, but I'm fairly certain it was a nervous tremor in that particular moment. :) 

@KeptInStitches I love that you knew him for a few years before it turned into more! I'm glad you guys finally got it right :)

@AlPacina I doubt he thought you were a nerd! He probably thought you were awesome for talking about a game. 

@minskat30 "because she wanted to go to an Indian wedding" This made me smile from ear to ear. That's so funny that she inadvertently predicted the future. I think I know that moment you're referencing... when I first saw FI (before he announced he was a pretty pretty princess), I remember thinking, "That guy is really cute. I wonder if I'm about to meet my husband." It's really eerie because I was not someone who would normally jump to that kind of conclusion.

@GoldenPenguin Obviously you guys were meant to be together since the universe kept throwing you together. You definitely made the right choice! :)

@jenjen047 LOL I know dem feels about dating a younger guy. FI is 6 months younger than me, which I know isn't a big deal, but I'd always dated guys who were 2-3 years older than me. I never dated anyone my own age, and especially not younger than me. Funny how breaking out of your comfort zone can be so rewarding. 

@cu97tiger What a great story! I love that you were just reaching out to him to get the lay of the land, but it turned into so much more. Just goes to show that you never know what the smallest encounters may lead to.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 - Isn't it?  She ended up being one of my bridesmaids and the first time she met H (when we were dating) she took all the credit for us meeting in the first place...rightfully so.  :)  H was the only guy on Match I went out on a second date with and I went out on a lot of first dates on Match.  It was that feeling...like everything stood still.  H didn't feel it until the second date but said he had a similar experience then.  I'm more perceptive than him anyway so I don't begrudge him the fact that it took him a teensy bit longer.  ;)  
  • H had that feeling before I did. I was coming out of a very rough relationship and was honestly kind of relieved to be with a good partner, so I wasn't dead sure on the forever thing right away. He had it before we really started dating if that makes sense.
  • @cu97tiger MySpace! what a throwback!
  • TwoDimes said:

I had just ended yet another bad relationship I was complaining about being single again.  My BFF told her BF (now H) had a great friend and co-worker that would be great for me.  She said he has cats too, likes theatre (Phantom of the Opera), and that he is a really kind guy and would treat me like a princess.  So I said set me up ( apparently we had met briefly the year before but I didn't remember). I saw found him on FB and saw he was really cute. 

She set up a group trip with a bunch of our friends to go see Avenue Q on Broadway in July '09.  We were the only non couple so we sat together and hung out together most of the day.  I had a good time, we ran into each a few other times at karokee that month.  We became FB friends in August and began chatting ( I didn't think it would go far when he said sorry if I spell your name wrong, my sister has the same name but spells it a bit differently) We had our first date at the end of August.  It was a perfect first date.  We became exclusive 10/10/09, got engaged 3/21/13 and married 6/14/14, and baby 01/01/2016

FTFY :)

Awww thanks :-)

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 I didn't blow him off for misspelling my name.  Once he said his sister had the same name I was thinking- "why would you want to date a girl with the same name as your sister?"  Luckily he didn't mind ;-)

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 - Serendipitous is one of my favorite words!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards