November 2015 Weddings

Our invites are in! But….

arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited June 2015 in November 2015 Weddings
….there's a typo!

We ordered our invitations from VistaPrint last week and got them, and the response cards, in the mail yesterday. And there is a minor typo on the invite! Granted, I didn't notice it right away--I literally read every word carefully, *searching* for typos, and that is when I found it. When I gave it to my FI and said "Find the typo", he couldn't find it until I pointed it out to him.

The typo is in the name of the venue: "**** Even Center", with the word 'event' missing the 't'.

And it was NOT VistaPrint's fault. It was solely our fault. We did spell check, but obviously it didn't catch it, and our eyes just grazed over it when did our own proof-reading.

The font color is a deep red, so it's not like I can just take a pen and carefully add the missing 't'--I probably won't find a pen in the same color.

FI says not to worry about it, and that it's not a big deal. If we didn't catch it, then it's likely no one else will, either. And none of our guests are sticklers for things like this. And we don't want to spend another $60+ on re-ordering them. I'm still annoyed with the two of us for missing it, though. 

Should I just chill?

Hope everyone else's planning is going well! We are 5 months out! I think the first dress fittings should start rolling out next month :)
                                 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Our invites are in! But….

• Tell Vista Print you made a mistake.  They might just reprint for free!  They seem very easy to work with! :)
  • klk111415 said, they may reprint them for free - OR give you a large credit - they are really good when it comes to stuff like that!

Good luck! 
  • Ladies,

Thank you SO much for suggesting that I contact them. I really was skeptical, because what kind of business would want to lose money when they clearly don't have to, right? But I sent them an e-mail, was honest in saying that the mistake was our fault, and they're sending us replacement invites at no cost!

VistaPrint is THA BOMB!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• arrrghmatey SUCCESS! They really are fabulous! Crisis averted! 
  • Denise40Denise40 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    That's awesome @arrrghmatey I also picked up mine this week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Denise40
    I love your invite but you might not want to post all your info for your wedding. Don't want random strangers coming :) Unless its altered already then my apologies....
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • @NicRen17 - she doesnt have the date or time on there - its covered! 
  • There is a date but you are right with no time. If she's comfortable with it then that's fine. 

• @NicRen17, thank you for finding that.  I thought I had it covered.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You are welcome!! I know how exciting it is to order and receive your invites! I am holding off till August to order mine... Basically because I have to solidify times and formalities with my pastor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards