Chit Chat

FRIDAY!!!

Hi all. Happy Friday!! What's everyone doing this weekend?

Tonight I have 2 events to attend that I REALLY don't want to go to. My first friend got a new job so she's having a celebration at a local bar but it will be mostly her work people and I don't want to feel awkward. Then I am supposed to see my other friend's band play, but I have to go alone and it's at 10pm in a shady part of town so..yeah.

Tomorrow afternoon I have a birthday party for FI aunt! Then watching the Hawks game and I'm headed into the city for dinner with friends at a new restaurant.

Sunday I am hoping it's nice out (I need a tan!) and I have a lot of wedding stuff to do as well. That night I have a girl's dinner planned.

At some point I need to visit my little brother as well, he is getting his tonsils out today and I want to take him some fun stuff.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FRIDAY!!!

• WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    I thought Wednesday was Friday.  This has been the slowest week ever.  

My Dad is in for hip replacement surgery today.  I'm quite nervous about it for him.  I'll feel better when he's out.  

We're in town for the lacrosse finals tonight too.  We're up 1 game in a best of 3, so if we win tonight it'll be a good party.  

I'm so happy it's almost the weekend.  

ETA - @hicoco I made up a little gift pack for my Dad.  A couple of magazines, crossword and suduko book, liquorice, his favourite cookies, nuts, Mio for water and a deck of cards, if you're looking for some ideas for your brother.  

• yay Friday!!!! This week has been a weird one. Everyday was a tough day at work (like coming home and my brain hurts and I go to bed early), but everyday went by super fast, and now it's Friday already.

Tonight we're going out to eat at one of my fav restaurants, and tomorrow I'm going to my best friend's beach house to hang out with her family, and hopefully get a little sun in, although I'm not sure the weather wants to be beach weather. Hoping for a lot of relaxing and unwinding this weekend. Hope everyone has a good one!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Today I'm looking forward to doing nothing after work. Maybe I can convince DH to order a pizza. I never feel like cooking on Fridays.

Tomorrow we're going to continue with yardwork (since it is never-ending I swear!) now that all the rain has stopped. Then in the evening we're going to a pool party with some friends to kick off summer. I'm really excited about swimming (and the homemade Jello shots my friend is making). Not too excited about wearing a bathing suit however.

Sunday we are having the in-laws over for dinner so I'm still trying to work out a menu.

• So glad it's Friday. Tonight H and I are having a date night. We're probably going to the cheap movie theatre right by our new house and seeing Furious Seven (or whatever it's called). It will be nice because we haven't had much downtime since we closed on the house and getting out will keep us both from unpacking when we're supposed to be just enjoying each other's company.

Tomorrow I have no plans. It is glorious. H had planned to go do something with some of his friends, but I don't think there is anything concrete yet. I don't really care what he decides to do, I just want some me time. I'll probably do some packing and kitchen storage planning. And then if I get ambitious I might call my good friend and hang out with her, I think she's really looking for a distraction.

Sunday I don't have any plans until a concert at 6:00. I'm thinking we might go to Ikea because there are a few things I want from there. And then more unpacking.
  • ashtsbashtsb member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    My weekend will be pretty boring. FMIL is getting her knee scoped so she needs to watched so we can give her meds. It's not to bad, she's normally sleeping most of the time so we can watch whatever we want!
  • It is a whirlwind of a weekend for us so tonight we are doing a Netflix and ice cream (and BEER) binge.

Tomorrow is my cousin's graduation party. Her family loves to party, so this is going to be massive.

Sunday is a combined birthday party for my grandma, uncle, and cousin. It is going to be a nice relaxing get together.

• DH is OOT so I'm bachin' it this weekend. Saturday I'm going to a baby shower for one of my girlfriends and then we're all going out for the night. 

I'll probably try to get some mini-projects done that I haven't been able to get around to. 

Maybe go out for a hike while I'm not yet waddling. :) Who knows?
    *********************************************************************************

• @winstonsgirl  - I hope your dad's surgery goes well.

I woke up with a dual radiating pain in my lower left abdomen.   As I get older, my body has been changing.  I've never really had cramps, but when I have it's been different.  The last few months I haven't had a normal cycle.    Basically who the hell knows what's going on down there.  I'm just going to monitor the pain.   It just sucks that has to start on a Friday. 

Tomorrow I'm working a wedding.  I know they have 225 or so people.  Other than that I'm pretty clueless.  Even DH hasn't mentioned much other then there are 70 halibuts. Oh we are in between banquet managers.  The new one starts on Monday.   The acting manager is an airhead who is completely disorganized and can't manage.   This wedding could be a shit show as far as staff goes.

Sunday is cleaning and laundry day.

I am bummed I will miss the Belmont.    The new dining room doesn't have a TV for us to watch.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • edited June 2015
    Tonight I'm getting my hair cut- yay! (it's too long for the hot, humid summers in Chicago!).

Tomorrow I'm doing mostly my usual things, but things I enjoy- shopping at the farmer's market, and heading to meditation.  I'm ALSO trying on my wedding dress for the first time!  It's also a HAWKS game night so I'll for sure listen on the radio- maybe fiance's parents will invite us over to watch on their TV (we don't have any TV connection in our apartment so we usually listen on the radio).

Sunday I'll hang out with fiance and we'll probably head to his parents' house to weed and water our garden bed if we're not at their house for the game on Saturday.

ETA:  Also hope to catch the Belmont if I can- would love to see a Triple Crown Winner in my lifetime!  Go American Pharaoh
  • 99 freakin days until my wedding!!! Double digits yo! 

Alright, got that out of my system... Getting up stupid early tomorrow to catch a 5:50am flight to Vancouver for my cousins wedding. Pretty excited. Some relatives from NY that I havent seen in 5 years are going to be there. My nephew will be there and I plan on stealing that little boy as soon as I get there and get in some prime aunty snuggles in.

Sunday everyone is getting together at my uncles cabin on a little island on the coast for a BBQ and then we fly home 9pm sunday night. And work on monday will be painful...
  • This has seriously been one of the longest weeks ever. 

Tonight Dh and I are getting wings and beer at our normal place. I thin kSIL is meeting us.

Tomorrow I am cleaning the house and doing laundry while DH is at work. Probably watching movies that night.

We have no plans Sunday. DH doesn't want to do anything after working 16 days straight from 6 am - 6 pm. 

• kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I have nothing planned for tonight ,but DH just called and said we are going to do something fun. . . . I don't know what he has planned!  Tomorrow I work at the winery all day, hopefully it's with fun coworkers, that always makes it so much better.  Finally, Sunday, the weather looks to be pretty good and I did house cleaning and laundry the past few nights so we can do something fun and outside.  I'm sure DH will want to go to his club to play a round of golf, but there pool is now open, so I can go hang out there too!!
  • We've been in our new house 6 months now, so I've decided its time to put up the remaining curtains.  Mostly its just in the rooms we don't use that often, but I think its time to get them up!  I will also do some other cleaning around the house.

H is going to start looking into our bath tub leak.  We realized its gotten a bit worse than what we thought it was.  Some of the grout in our tub has come out and we have tried caulking, but there must still be some areas where water is getting through.  We don't really want to have to gut the bathroom yet, so praying that H can get it fixed.

On Sunday, we are having a BBQ at BIL's house.  There pool is open, but its going to be in the upper 70s on Sunday, so I don't think we will actually get to use the pool :(

• TODAY IS MY LAST DAY AT THIS AWFUL JOB!!!!!!!!!!  :-D 

So yeah pretty stoked about that.  I'm supposed to go out for drinks after work with the ladies from here.  I kind of don't want to, especially since one of them is my soon to be ex-boss and she's been all nice to me these past few days, and it's weirding me out because she wasn't really nice the entire time I worked here.

Tomorrow FI and I are meeting with our DJ to do contracts, and then picking up my wedding band from being sized.  I think we might also go shopping for a new riding lawnmower.  Poor guy spent 4 hours last Saturday mowing our backyard (we live on an acre) with his little pushmower.  Then, we'll watch the hockey.

Sunday, I have to bathe the dogs, which is always an adventure, at least with the younger one, she's very squirmy.  We're doing our second round engagement photos at our house and in the fields behind our house on Sunday evening, and we're doing some pics with the dogs, so they have to look cute.

Married 9.12.15

So yeah pretty stoked about that.  I'm supposed to go out for drinks after work with the ladies from here.  I kind of don't want to, especially since one of them is my soon to be ex-boss and she's been all nice to me these past few days, and it's weirding me out because she wasn't really nice the entire time I worked here.

Tomorrow FI and I are meeting with our DJ to do contracts, and then picking up my wedding band from being sized.  I think we might also go shopping for a new riding lawnmower.  Poor guy spent 4 hours last Saturday mowing our backyard (we live on an acre) with his little pushmower.  Then, we'll watch the hockey.

Sunday, I have to bathe the dogs, which is always an adventure, at least with the younger one, she's very squirmy.  We're doing our second round engagement photos at our house and in the fields behind our house on Sunday evening, and we're doing some pics with the dogs, so they have to look cute.

This is what I thought of when you said the bolded:

This is what I thought of when you said the bolded:
    Haha pretty much except she's a 40lb basset hound, so she's got more weight to throw around.  I guess one day right after we moved in, and I was at work, FI let her run the property and she got super muddy.  He didn't know to shut the bathroom door while bathing her and she squirmed away from him and tore through the house with mud everywhere.  Thankfully he got it clean before I came home. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • I'm so ready for the weekend. Today is going to drag, I can tell.

Saturday and Sunday FI has to work the early morning shift, so Saturday I predict will be extended nap day. Sunday we're supposed to go to his parents' house after he gets off work for monthly family get-together. We'll probably both be cranky.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I did well at not yelling at any of our clients this week (even after one of them told me to fuck off) so I am rewarding myself with Subway for lunch today, then Criminal Minds Netflix binge.  Tomorrow we have H's cousin's dance recital, and Sunday we're doing Father's Day a little earlier with H's Dad.
  • This has been a weird week. 

Last Friday we bought a house (?!?!), but it fell through when we had our inspection this past Tuesday. It's a bit disappointing, but it's for the best. 

This weekend will be chill. We're going to a local festival with another couple, running errands, and doing wedding stuff. Big contrast from last weekend, which was the house buying + bachelor and bachelorette parties. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Today is the last day for teachers so lots of packing and cleaning.  Chill night with pizza and Netflix.

Tomorrow we have a vet appointment because the dog has a weird bump on his nose.  I'm also hoping to order invitations!

Sunday we celebrate my dad's birthday.

I'm excited to have more time to focus on wedding planning now that school will be done.
  • @lyndausvi - Thanks.  It did seem to go well.  He's already been up with the physio and his walker and he's not feeling much pain.  He goes home Monday.  

And in other good news, we won the league championship tonight!!  It was a crazy close game too, back and forth all night, so I'm super glad they won.  

• @lyndausvi - Thanks.  It did seem to go well.  He's already been up with the physio and his walker and he's not feeling much pain.  He goes home Monday.  

And in other good news, we won the league championship tonight!!  It was a crazy close game too, back and forth all night, so I'm super glad they won.  
    awesome on both fronts!

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards