Wedding Party

2»

Re: .

• I can't imagine letting a friendship fall apart over shoes.
    Obiviously it wasn't a very important friendship to OP to begin with.

• So OP probably isn't here any more, but from someone whose friendship is breaking down with someone over bridesmaids dresses and shower planning (bride thought I wasn't doing enough to help plan/am a bad BM/friend because I can't make a shower due to work/money, and didn't think I was excited enough over her dress choices for us) please please reconsider what you're doing here. Your friend probably really does want to be at things, but can't afford it, and that isn't something that's easy or comfortable for people to talk about.
  • Um, also, one of my biggest pet peeves is saying "balled." It's BAWLED. Or bawling. You ball up socks. 

-----------------------------------------BOXES---------------------------

BALLER ALERT!

You didn't use a butter yellow font!! That's it, I'm never reading one of your posts again

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    Um, also, one of my biggest pet peeves is saying "balled." It's BAWLED. Or bawling. You ball up socks. 

BALLER ALERT!

You didn't use a butter yellow font!! That's it, I'm never reading one of your posts again

________________________BOXES______________________

YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE!!!!!!!!

• hellohkb said:
    Um, also, one of my biggest pet peeves is saying "balled." It's BAWLED. Or bawling. You ball up socks. 

BALLER ALERT!

________________________BOXES______________________

YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE!!!!!!!!

-------------------Preemptive Boxes-------------------------------------

Well, I feel sorry for your husband!
  • Ugh, if OP is laid back, it's opposite day.

I do consider myself a laid-back person. But I don't generally go around telling people that I'm laid back as justification to do obviously non-laid-back things. 

Example of being laid-back about attire: I asked my BMs to wear black, knee length dresses and nude or light pink shoes. They keep sending me photos asking "Are these shoes ok?" I keep responding, "Yes, they are fine. Wear whatever you're most comfortable in!" I honestly do not care, because it has zero affect on me. 

Example of not being laid-back about attire: Fighting with a BM over what shade of yellow she NEEDS to wear for your special day and telling her how much she will need to spend on your wedding.

Also, WTF with planning your own "surprise" shower? You DO understand that that is somewhat oxymoronic (also just moronic), right?
    BabyFruit Ticker

I do consider myself a laid-back person. But I don't generally go around telling people that I'm laid back as justification to do obviously non-laid-back things. 

Example of being laid-back about attire: I asked my BMs to wear black, knee length dresses and nude or light pink shoes. They keep sending me photos asking "Are these shoes ok?" I keep responding, "Yes, they are fine. Wear whatever you're most comfortable in!" I honestly do not care, because it has zero affect on me. 

Example of not being laid-back about attire: Fighting with a BM over what shade of yellow she NEEDS to wear for your special day and telling her how much she will need to spend on your wedding.

Also, WTF with planning your own "surprise" shower? You DO understand that that is somewhat oxymoronic (also just moronic), right?

Seriously! I was stressed out just reading the part where she told a friend how much money she expected to spend on her wedding. Holy crap! I'd actually have to walk away if someone tried to dictate what I did with my money. No one, absolutely no one, gets to tell me that. OP has some serious priorities that she needs to rethink. Gosh, I feel so lucky to have the friends I have. They would never pull such a selfish stunt like this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Seriously! I was stressed out just reading the part where she told a friend how much money she expected to spend on her wedding. Holy crap! I'd actually have to walk away if someone tried to dictate what I did with my money. No one, absolutely no one, gets to tell me that. OP has some serious priorities that she needs to rethink. Gosh, I feel so lucky to have the friends I have. They would never pull such a selfish stunt like this.
    Yeeeeaaahhh.... my friends have called me "laid back" many times, but I don't go around referring to myself that way.

I told my BMs to pick any dress in any shade of pink, and told them to wear whatever accessories and shoes they want. One of them wore gold gladiator sandals. I only know this because she was excited to have found a good sale so she showed them to me. Cool. One girl wore gold sparkly heels (I saw her put them on and was impressed that she could walk in them) and another girl wore ballet flats (again, I saw her put them on). No idea what the other two girls wore, nor did I care, nor did it impact my wedding or my marriage in any way. 

But the girls were all comfortable, liked what they had on, and were able to shop within their budget, and that made me happy. 
  • jacques27 said:
    KatWAG said:
    People who say they are "very laid back" are generally the biggest drama llamas.
    QFT.

If you have to tell people you are that thing (you're "very laid back" or you're "very nice" or you're "very generous"), you are not. that. thing.

ETA: I'm secretly hoping this is MUD because I'm choosing to believe no one can have this little insight into how not laid back and how very controlling they are.
    Yea...unfortunately I 100% believe this is not MUD because the OP could be related to the bridezilla that I dropped out for, who also claimed she was "laid-back" and understanding but also told us the theme of her shower and planned it without asking our budgets (or budgets for anything for that matter). And also required certain hair, nails, makeup, shoes, and jewelry with no intention of paying for any of it. I'm not surprised at all that she has had half of her party drop out. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards