Wisconsin

Looking for an inexpensive, but gorgeous reception venue in Milwaukee or surrounding suburbs

I need to find a reception venue that fits my personality and style but does not break the bank! I am in love with anything dramatic and beautiful, I have expensive tastes but not enough money. Any suggestions on something that would be cost effective?
Soon to be mama to a lil boy!

Re: Looking for an inexpensive, but gorgeous reception venue in Milwaukee or surrounding suburbs

• edited December 2011

For about how many people?

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What is the budget? I think I looked at every reception venue in the city of Milwaukee...Tongue out
  • edited December 2011
    I'm buttung in
    Vitocosmopolita,
    What are some venues u looked at that would hold about 200 guests?
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ALL:

I am looking to hold about 300 people, but dinner for about 250. My budget is 10,000 for both food and beverages. I can pay about 3,000 (max) for rental of the hall, including taxes and service charges. So my total budget for the reception is 13,000.00

Thanks!!

Soon to be Mrs. K. K
  • edited December 2011
    Joey Buonas would be perfect for you Violet.  We orginally booked it but then didn't want to pay that extra $3000 on service charges and taxes. Basically, at Joey's because they don't do a location fee, you have to spend a $10,000 minimum on alcohol and food.  I've seen some very postive reviews about them on here. Also it has a very nice look. I think they can seat 250 there...

As for everywhere else it is all a blur, but here's who I know on the top of my head (I think, no promises because the number I was always concerned about was 175) that can hold 200: Joeys, War Memorial, Renaissance Place, Villa Filomena, Grain Exchange, Coast (not the restaurant but the other rooms behind it) and Cuvee (maybe, I just love to recommend that place because I love the champagne)

We are going to be at the Milwaukee Public Market, and we are one of few, I think they've only done a handful of weddings. I love their flexibility though. It is very lofty, young and fun AND saving me over $3000!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't know that the Milwaukee Public Market did weddings...I am having my wedding and reception down at Pier Wisconsin..The capacity in the Pilot House is 300...
  • edited December 2011
    I am having mine at the Miller Pavilion (where Coast is, but the Miller Room) in May.  It was $700 to rent the space and dinner/drinks (beer, wine, and soda) was $51/person.  Dinner for 250 would be just a little under $13,000!
  • boxcarboxcar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Marcus Center for the Performing Arts has a ballroom that is pretty dramatic--and has one of the most affordable bar packages in Milwaukee.
  • StephanieS17StephanieS17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at the Humphrrey Scottish Rite Masonic Center. Its a very dramatic place, and the price is fantastic, so is the food! Its in downtown Milwaukee so its also close to everything, it doesn't look like much on the outside but its gorgeous on the inside. Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    OOHHH, i love these ideas!!! Thanks so much u guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards