Plus-Sized
Options

David's Bridal Chiffon A Line Dress

Hi all, I am new here and joined really just to ask if anyone else has worn David's Bridal Chiffon A Line Gown with Beaded Waist? 

I am a size 16 and intrigued to see how other brides looked and liked the dress. 

Re: David's Bridal Chiffon A Line Dress

• Options
    Thank you doeydo! I had seen the ones on the David's Bridal site but not the other. I appreciate it. 
  • Options
    The best thing to do is simply try on the dress in your size to see how it looks ON YOU!  Regardless of how it looks on other brides, all that matters is how the dress looks on you for your wedding day once any final alterations are done.
  • Options
    One thing to consider is the back on that dress is very low, so finding a bra with enough support could be an issue. I am a G cup, so that would be a concern for me.

That said, it is a beautiful dress. My dress from David's had some similar features (chiffon overlay, gathering of chiffon on one side in the front, etc) and they worked great with my plus size figure. Try it on and see if it works for you!
  • Options
    I actually purchased this dress in a size 18.  I had concerns as well about being a G cup and trying to not have underwear that would be strapless or showing.  When I tried it on, they put this bra on me that looked like a bustier.  It was only a DD cup, but it fit perfectly.  Nice support, I could breathe, and it looked great on me.  It's a keeper!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all of your feedback! I actually bought the dress... and then had a later minor meltdown over the low back and a bra... so glad to hear that it is workable. Having been all excited about being able to wear a strapped bra (I hate strapless) I am now on the hunt for something that works with the low back! 

Jazzykins87 - do you know the make of the bustier? 
  • Options

It was from David's Bridal.  They put me in a sample one they had.  The crinoline too.  I have to say, it was the first time in my life that a strapless bra has worked for me and I have had boobs at this point for 20+ years.  It was comfortable, I could breathe, and it didn't shift.  I was wearing it while I tried on all four dresses and it never moved.  It has at least ten clasps in the back.  Perfect for busty types!

• Options
    No advise....but that dress looks magnificent! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards