Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thankful Thursday

Re: Thankful Thursday

• Options
    @jenjen047 I loved working there! SAS and the holidays could be really rough, but the rest of the time was great. :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - oh good! i imagined that:
    1. the scents could get overwhelming after awhile
    2. the customers could be difficult (though i guess this goes for all of retail).
  • Options
    @jenjen047 Haha I mean, I've definitely had customers throw things at me before, but that was during the chaos of the holidays. People get really pissy when doing their Christmas shopping. Retail is fun like that.

• Options
    jenjen047 said:
    @eilis1228 - ah! sorry, hope i didnt give you any flashbacks! ;) i can imagine it could be an unpleasant place to work.

@futuremrshistorian - i am so impressed with how well you and Mr H handle the distance. kudos to you  guys!!

@goldenpenguin - i guess i just got into the habit because when i started out using a computer it was for personal stuff like AIM, so that was my default typing style. but then when i was typing a paper or something for school, i would use proper capitalization. ive just always had both styles, so its just "normal" to me and i dont even think about "switching" so to speak. i dont think of this as formal communication because i think of it as talking to friends. so i type in the same way i type to friends on gchat or facebook messenger. im sorry it annoys you, though.
    And others. I'm not the only annoyed one here, just for the record.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @goldenpenguin - i see that. i hadnt refreshed and seen others comments yet when i typed that. :)

• Options
    jenjen047 said:
    @eilis1228 - ah! sorry, hope i didnt give you any flashbacks! ;) i can imagine it could be an unpleasant place to work.

@futuremrshistorian - i am so impressed with how well you and Mr H handle the distance. kudos to you  guys!!

@goldenpenguin - i guess i just got into the habit because when i started out using a computer it was for personal stuff like AIM, so that was my default typing style. but then when i was typing a paper or something for school, i would use proper capitalization. ive just always had both styles, so its just "normal" to me and i dont even think about "switching" so to speak. i dont think of this as formal communication because i think of it as talking to friends. so i type in the same way i type to friends on gchat or facebook messenger. im sorry it annoys you, though.
    I don't know how I didn't notice this from your posts before, but it will bug me from now on. I get your rationale, but regardless of your intention, constantly not capitalizing or punctuating makes you sound (to any newbs or non-regs) like you are uneducated. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @cu97tiger - all i can do is hope that anyone who reads this board (newb, non-reg, or reg) will judge me based on the content of my posts and not the aesthetic style and/or formatting.
  • Options
    @twodimes im confused? im being sincere, not passive aggressive or snarky in any of my replies. i dont want anyone to read a tone/attitude into any of my replies.
  • Options
    jenjen047 said:
    @cu97tiger - all i can do is hope that anyone who reads this board (newb, non-reg, or reg) will judge me based on the content of my posts and not the aesthetic style and/or formatting.
    I'm not trying to harp on you, but the content of your posts includes grammar and punctuation. It's not about aesthetics. Punctuation and grammar rules exist to make what you write easier to read and understand. 

• Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @cu97tiger but youve (general you) been reading (and i assume understanding) my posts for over 3 months and at least you (specific you) havent noticed the lack of capitalization until now. cant speak for the others if they have noticed it before today.

ETA: i also just want to clarfiy that im not being snarky at all. i dont want to keep using :) in all my posts to convey tone of voice, but please take all of this as sincere.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes You fell ASLEEP?! hahahaha I love Rachel's high pitched voice during that argument.

• Options
    cu97tiger said:
    jenjen047 said:
    I'm not trying to harp on you, but the content of your posts includes grammar and punctuation. It's not about aesthetics. Punctuation and grammar rules exist to make what you write easier to read and understand. 
    This. I agree with @TwoDimes that you're one of my favorite newbs - I mean, you're from Boston, I kind of HAVE to like you ;) - but it's not about "aesthetics." 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    jenjen047 said:
    @cu97tiger but youve (general you) been reading (and i assume understanding) my posts for over 3 months and at least you (specific you) havent noticed the lack of capitalization until now. cant speak for the others if they have noticed it before today.

ETA: i also just want to clarfiy that im not being snarky at all. i dont want to keep using :) in all my posts to convey tone of voice, but please take all of this as sincere.
    I've noticed. I've definitely noticed. I just didn't say anything. And honestly, I often skip over your posts because I just can't.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    if it bothers any of you that much of course you're welcome to skip over my posts (not like i would have any way to force you to read them anyways). but i do like posting here and hope no one will object if i continue to do so.

again...clarifying tone...i dont mean this passive aggressively or with any snark. i really do enjoy posting here and hope we (general us) can still play. :)

ETA: i still list all of you on my "things im thankful for" list. no hard feelings on my end.
  • Options
    Good afternoon!
    I am thankful for my roommate who doesn't care about my messy room, who also forgets about her laundry for days at a time just like me, and who loves having animals around as much as I do. She's much older than me but we have so much in common and after a year and a half of living with her I'm still just floored by her niceness after what I went through with my old roomies.

I am thankful for BF and how much he makes me laugh. I would never tell him how funny he is, but he is SO FUNNY. I am thankful that even though we are not engaged yet we are actively planning a future together.

I am thankful that my best friend's sister is so into me being into Taylor Swift. I went all out for our costumes for this concert and everyone else might think I'm crazy but she just GETS me and is super excited about our glittery matching outfits which is such a relief!

This weekend is the Taylor Swift concert AKA the Best Day of My Life So Far!! My outfits are finished and now I can focus on school for the rest of today and most of tomorrow which is a good thing.

I'm heading into my last week of this term and then I can finally relax and have it easier with just one class! It's a writing intensive class, which is fine because I like to write and I tend to get good grades on papers. I have Bs in my classes right now, which sounds great for most people but I am an A student and it has been really stressful and discouraging to not be doing as well. I've made the library my part-time job and still have struggled to keep my grades up so yeah I'm ready for this to be over!!
  • Options
    @swazzle - Awwww, why is Rihanna crying?

@jenjen047 - I want you to stay, too. I would also just like you to capitalize the first word of each sentence, and your Is. I can do without the apostrophes, I guess.... ;)

• Options
    @cu97tiger - Because she wants @jenjen047 to stay OBVI. 

• Options
    @caseface5 I couldn't find a pic or gif either of the whole line :( Sadness. And LOL at Joey doing LUNGES commando in Chandler's clothes. I love that episode! This is my favorite episode:

• Options
    edited June 2015
    anytime im moving anything i cant help but yell "PIVOT....PIVOT!!!!"

@cu97tiger - maybe on holidays and special occasions ;)
  • Options

Just poppin' in to say hello!

It's been pretty busy today (and yesterday) - so I am thankfully for my H who helps keep me sane!

I will be thankful if the Cavs win tonight (and Sunday) as well :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    Well while we're on a friends kick...

• Options
    I love that this thread has turned into Friends quotes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards