Snarky Brides

Trends I am already over.

I was reading the 'most annoying shit on Pintrest' thread last night. It had me in tears laughing. But a lot of those weren't horrible trends until they Blew Up and everyone started using them. What are some current trends, on Pintrest or not, that you wonderful knotties think are about to take over and become horribly over done? What do you see becoming trends and are already over?

I am over instagram hashtags, halo e-rings, stacked rings, triangle buntings, books as decor. I love watercolor everything but I am afraid it is about to be everywhere.

Re: Trends I am already over.

• Wifey T-shirts. Those are probably already overdone, but they are taking over my Pinterest feed. That, and the hangers that say "Mrs. Whatever" in cursive. I don't understand the purpose for either of these things. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wifey T-shirts. Those are probably already overdone, but they are taking over my Pinterest feed. That, and the hangers that say "Mrs. Whatever" in cursive. I don't understand the purpose for either of these things. 
    Cute pictures.  It is all about those cute pictures that will never be printed or displayed, but rather be looked at once or twice on the computer never to be seen from again.

• JBee85JBee85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Wifey T-shirts. Those are probably already overdone, but they are taking over my Pinterest feed. That, and the hangers that say "Mrs. Whatever" in cursive. I don't understand the purpose for either of these things. 
    Cute pictures.  It is all about those cute pictures that will never be printed or displayed, but rather be looked at once or twice on the computer never to be seen from again.
    What the fuck I'm planning to wear mine at the beach. How else will I be able to discourage all that summer flirting?!
  • I do not like the wifey stuff. I will not be wearing any of it but as it is not really effecting anyone/guests I really do not care.

I will say I do have a hanger with my new last name on it. I did not pay for it though, the shop where I got my dress does one for free when you buy a dress for them. So since it was free I did it. I would usually say it is in the cost of the dress already but this shop charged the same amount as 4 other shops I called to check the price so it was really just whatever. :)
  • I forgot the upside down wine glasses. First time i saw it i thought it was different, kind of cute but nothing too special... but now, over it.
    @mrsdee15 i agree. Please don't suggest I will be near pee. It's a bug not a feature.
  • madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    Knottie1430505628 said: I was reading the 'most annoying shit on Pintrest' thread last night. It had me in tears laughing. But a lot of those weren't horrible trends until they Blew Up and everyone started using them. What are some current trends, on Pintrest or not, that you wonderful knotties think are about to take over and become horribly over done? What do you see becoming trends and are already over? I am over instagram hashtags, halo e-rings, stacked rings, triangle buntings, books as decor. I love watercolor everything but I am afraid it is about to be everywhere.
    ---Imaginary Box---

Hahaha! I have all of the bolded. Granted, I have not used Pinterest for anything wedding-related other than hair, so in my defense I didn't know these things were on the verge of being SO over.

As for my e-ring, FI picked that out all on his own. And TBH, halo rings are kinda timeless and have been popular for a LONG time. I work for a large jewelry company, halo rings aren't really a recent trend.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kale. Kale everywhere.
  • @tfmrserwin i am not saying any of it is bad. It just isn't my personal taste.
  • imageThis stupid font.

• SIGNS. Signs everywhere!  Like I can't figure shit out on my own?

Like a PP, I'm also over strapless dresses. I'm glad that different necklines are much more in fashion now. I love the lace keyholes and illusions. Strapless just isn't universally flattering so people need more choice (says an OMG who had to add straps to her dress because A-cups don't hold up a strapless). 

Robes for pictures. The "entire bridal party jumps in the air picture." Cute the first few times, but now it's the new "let's hold the bride or groom sideways and try not to drop them" picture. 

• Robes and signs (with any message on them). 
    • Ball-and-chain or bride-dragging-groom cake toppers.
    • Strapless dresses.
    • Getting ready and other so-called "cute" photos.
    • Unity ceremonies.
    • Trying to "incorporate" every aspect of one's life into one's wedding.
    • Assuming every member of both families needs a "role" in the wedding.
    • "Intimate" ceremonies paired with big blowout "receptions" or "celebrations."
  • Robes. Jumping pics. Paper lanterns. Lanterns in general. Gatsby. Birdcage veils. Strapless dresses. Grooms and GMs dressed like 20s paperboys. Exit pics.
    What are exit pictures?

You wouldn't believe the amount of people that asked where my money dance was at. 
  • Robes. Jumping pics. Paper lanterns. Lanterns in general. Gatsby. Birdcage veils. Strapless dresses. Grooms and GMs dressed like 20s paperboys. Exit pics.
    What are exit pictures?

You wouldn't believe the amount of people that asked where my money dance was at. 
    Probably they are photos of a grand exit where the bride throws her bouquet and then is carried by the groom to a waiting limo while everyone throws rice, blows bubbles, and so on at them.
  • I actually like a lot of the things mentioned like the get ready pictures.. haha

Not really a trend, but I hate fake flowers at weddings. You can always tell they are fake. Use candles if you don't want the added expense of real flowers! And camo anything in a wedding. That's just gross. The flower headbands, definitely a Pinterest trend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

PitaPata Dog tickers
    What are exit pictures?

Wedding exit pics:

Anddddd the actual worst:
    *********************************************************************************

• lnixon8 said:

imageThis stupid font.

YES I am so sick of that font. It's pretty, but it's just... Everywhere.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Speaking of pictures.. combining jumping pics with getting ready pics is my least favorite of all: the jumping on the bed pictures!

And it's even worse if a bunch of tall men are doing it, with a groom standing in the foreground, arms corssed, smugly smiling...can you tell I have a specific fb "friend" in mind?

• mrsdee15 said:
    Cake toppers with the bride/groom dragging their significant other on the floor, or signs that the ring bearers/flower girls carry that say something to the effect of "last chance to run."  Don't.

ETF: Wrote "insignificant other" instead of "significant other."  Maybe some kind of Freudian slip, given the context.
    UGH. FI wants this SO bad. It's so tacky and gross.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • MJKlover said:
    The very popular burlap, lace, mason jar, cowboy boots thing.
    Doing it! Ha! Except not so heavy on the mason jar and cowboy boots. As in, no boots. But yup. Burlap and Lace.
  • jacques27 said:

Naked cakes.  I rarely see them done well and I think they look unfinished, like you just don't give a crap and got tired after you finished the crumb coat. 

This.  You don't like icing, that's cool, just eat around it.  But they look completely unfinished and are probably super dry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards