Outdoor Weddings

Closed

Re: Closed

• Dude, 85 degrees is way too hot for an outdoor reception.  Period.  The fact that it will be 90+ earlier in the day does not make this okay.

• Viczaesar said:
    Dude, 85 degrees is way too hot for an outdoor reception.  Period.  The fact that it will be 90+ earlier in the day does not make this okay.
    This. 85 degrees with 90% humidity is still AWFUL. That seems to be a really arbitrary cutoff. The difference between 90 degrees and 85 degrees with humidity is negligible.

EVERYONE is telling you the outdoor reception is a bad idea (and on multiple threads!). Yet you continue to justify your decision. Why are you here? You don't want advice, you want validation, and you are not going to get it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Then this topic is closed! I really am glad I got so much feedback! I didn't expect anyone to read that much honestly, so thank you all!

As crazy as I am, I respect all your opinions! Thank you! 
  • Justie, the final verdict is this:

If the weather is too hot, we will host all guests comfortably in our air-conditioned fellowship hall. 

This topic is closed. 

If the weather is too hot, we will host all guests comfortably in our air-conditioned fellowship hall. 

This topic is closed. 
    Is this how you respond to your MIL when she's trying to help you accommodate all your guests?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Viczaesar said:
    Dude, 85 degrees is way too hot for an outdoor reception.  Period.  The fact that it will be 90+ earlier in the day does not make this okay.
    This. 85 degrees with 90% humidity is still AWFUL. That seems to be a really arbitrary cutoff. The difference between 90 degrees and 85 degrees with humidity is negligible.

EVERYONE is telling you the outdoor reception is a bad idea (and on multiple threads!). Yet you continue to justify your decision. Why are you here? You don't want advice, you want validation, and you are not going to get it.
    Look at the extended forecast for Little Rock:
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/little-rock-ar/72201/daily-weather-forecast/326862

The low for today is 79F and that low occurs hit at 12am Saturday technically.

OP, you don't seem to be grasping that the low for the day can occur anywhere from 12am-12am the next day.  Just because the sun sets and your FMIL's property is shaded, doesn't mean the temperature will be comfortable during your reception. 

Today the temps in the evening will be:
    5pm- 91/ RealFeel 96 50% humidity
    6pm- 89/Real Feel 92 50% humidity
    7pm- 87/RealFeel 87 51% humidity

And it doesn't matter how shaded the property is, shade doesn't alleviate humidity.  85 in the shade with 50%+ humidity is miserable.

You think you have a great plan?  Put on your wedding dress and go stand around outside tonight from 5:30-9:00pm.  Go ahead, stand in the shade the whole time.  Then come back tomorrow and let me know how it went for you.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This topic is closed.

It WILL be too damn hot!

Now, this topic is closed.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Sorry, I won't be closing this thread as it's good for lurkers to read about the experiences and opinions of others. 

However, I'm glad you decided to move the reception into air conditioning.
    *********************************************************************************

• Sorry, I won't be closing this thread as it's good for lurkers to read about the experiences and opinions of others. 

However, I'm glad you decided to move the reception into air conditioning.
    Only and only if she deems it's too hot. She's still planning on her outdoor extravaganza.

• Changing the name of your thread to "Closed" does not actually close the thread, OP.  But nice try.

• Lol! Way to draw more attention to your thread!
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Ha. Deeming it closed does not make it closed. 

I got married in MN on June 28. I really, really wanted an outdoor wedding. One of my big requirements for a venue was being able to get married outside. Well, that day MN gave us a big F you. It was about 80, very humid, windy, and threatening to rain so last minute we decided to just have it inside. 

It was actually a lot easier that way. No worrying if 98-year-old granny would trip in the grass, no moving around DJ equipment, no veil flying in my face or heels sinking into the saturated soil. We had our ceremony and easily moved right into cocktail hour. We still took pics outside between rain storms so it was kind of the best of both worlds. 

Point being that outdoors is kind of overrated, and DO NOT DO IT if it's threatening to be 85+ jesus christ. I was running around yesterday in 75 degree weather and it was still hot as hell and I got a sunburn even though I don't even burn that easily. Do not do this to your guests. 
  • I'm rolling my eyes at you, OP.

It's going to be way too fucking hot at your wedding.  You literally might kill people if it's 95 out (for example, the elderly have a decreased ability to regulate their body temperature, so they're more susceptible to overheating at lower "hot" temperatures; they also are often on medications that affect their body's ability to regulate itself), but it's your VISION, right?  Or you can't stand up to your FMIL?  That bodes fantastically well for your future marriage.  

I'm from Southern California.  I love when it's warm out, but even I would be saying fuck this to your wedding and leaving.  And I would judge you for putting your vision ahead of my comfort.  

Like seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?  

• When I told the relatives about daughter's then upcoming wedding, my DH's BIL said, "Is any part of this wedding going to be outside?  If it is, we aren't coming!"  SIL kicked him.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We picked an August wedding date and there was zero chance we would have had it outside.   As it turned out it was 100 degrees and even with the AC cranking in the church, DH almost passed out.   We didn't do photos with the WP until nearly  8 PM because it was too hot outside (so we actually did them mid-reception and after dinner).   Luckily the only times our guests were not in an air conditioned venue were during their walks to their cars or if they wanted to go outside on the deck outside the reception area.

No one wants to be outside all dressed up in the heat ever.
  • I hope this poster comes back to tell us about how her wedding went. Good or bad.
  • I hope this poster comes back to tell us about how her wedding went. Good or bad.
    Well, I can tell you it was hot in AR on that day because I was there. Not creepily at this wedding. My brother lives in NW AR.

• Well, I wanted to update everyone because I am guessing a few of you were wondering what happened. The Friday night before Saturday there were heavy thunderstorms. We were concerned about the rain more so than the heat so we had a back-up plan, but decided to see what would happen the day of the wedding. Turns out Saturday was the coolest day of the week at 82 degrees, and 20% humidity. The weatherman said it was the first cold front that hit us in weeks, so we were so blessed it came on the day of the wedding. 

We had our outdoor reception and it was beautiful outside. The ground soaked up the water from the night before and we had a nice cool breeze. Nobody complained about the weather and nobody asked to come inside the house. People were telling me that I was so lucky that the weather cooperated with our wedding, and we felt so blessed. I will say we prayed very much for good weather, and God answered our prayers, to which I am very thankful. Husband and I had a magical night and we absolutely enjoyed ourselves. :) I would love to post pictures, but not sure if that's a good idea here :P Everything worked out perfectly and I couldn't ask for a more perfect wedding. 
  • I wanted to add a few quick things: the outdoor reception began at 6:00 p.m.. It ended when people started to leave a little pass 11:00 (yes, we had fun partying! haha) It cooled down even more pass 7:00. We had large fans around the yard just in case, and our wedding programs were fans, so I believe that may have helped a little, but nobody used the program fans. So yes, everything worked out beautifully and we didn't have to rush anyone to the hospital for heat stroke :)
  • I question the validity of this report. What area are you in again?
    *********************************************************************************

• edited July 2015
    South west Arkansas, 20-30 min away from Little Rock. I don't know why you would question it. 
    Here is the weather for the entire month. June 27 was a high of 85 but it went down to 80 during the night. Believe me the entire family was helping us keep track of the weather.

• And if you don't believe me about the storms that hit in the evening Friday June 26

• @knottie91379610 glad it all worked out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards