Chit Chat

Finally Friday!

I am so excited it's the weekend!

Tonight right after work I am going to FI's parents' house for a birthday party for his sister in law and grandma. I can only stop by though because we have a planning meeting at our venue! I am so excited to finally make some big reception decisions. FI has to work though so my mom and BFF are going with me.

Tomorrow I am heading to Old Navy for $1 flip flops with my mom then I think we are getting breakfast. Tomorrow evening FI and I have a 30th birthday party for his cousin and then we are seeing Jurrasic World! I am really stoked to see it. FI is a HUGE Jurassic Park fan and has been stalking this movie since production started so he's very excited.

Sunday I am going to brunch with my mom, aunt and cousin and then running wedding errands. I am hoping to go into the Rent the Runway store downtown so that I can try some dresses on for my bachelorette party. Anyone use RTR before?

What are YOUR weekend plans?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finally Friday!

• Yes! Friday! Thank you baby Jesus!

We actually don't have too much planned for this weekend, which is fine with me since the last few weekends we've been entertaining friends and family who want to see our house.

I think we are going to see Jurassic World too! I'm trying to convince DH that we need to see it in IMAX to get the full experience. Other than that, we are probably just doing yard work.

I have only used RTR (online) once, but I was very happy with the outcome and it was very easy to return the dress when I was done with it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    So happy it's Friday, especially because I am on vacation starting at 5 pm! Tonight, H and I are going to power clean the house, pack and then binge-watch as much of OITNB as we can before we have to go to bed.

Tomorrow we'll be up early to get the car packed, get the dog's things together and get on the road by 10 am. We have to drop the dog off at the kennel (where I'll probably cry) and then we're off to Lake Placid. H is running a marathon up there on Sunday so we're making a long weekend of it. We'll take our time getting up there, pick up his race stuff, and grab some dinner. It'll be early to bed that night (with maybe some more OITNB watching).

Sunday is race day. I plan on sitting in the hotel hot tub, grabbing breakfast and doing some shopping while he's running. I'll meet him at the finish line and then we'll spend the rest of the day relaxing. He wants to get BBQ from this place we found last time we were up there - I'm so excited to eat ribs and brisket and corn bread! On Monday we'll explore a little more and then we're headed home Tuesday morning. I already can't wait to pick my pup up from the kennel - he's going to miss us so much :(
  • beachyone15, our theater got these seats called "D-Box" that are in 2 certain rows in the theater and they move, tilt, etc with the movie. I want to try them out but it's an extra $8 a ticket so I am thinking no..hopefully you get to do the IMAX!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hicoco said:
    beachyone15, our theater got these seats called "D-Box" that are in 2 certain rows in the theater and they move, tilt, etc with the movie. I want to try them out but it's an extra $8 a ticket so I am thinking no..hopefully you get to do the IMAX!
    I have tried those once before and they are a little weird if you aren't used to them! My brother loves them but I'm still not sure. Guess I'll have to give them another go.

• ashtsbashtsb member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    Today, me and fiance are paying the down payments on our water and electric for our apartment! Then tomorrow we are going to his college roommate's wedding. Sunday is our finish packing/lazy day and Monday is our move in day! We are very excited, I wish we had time to go see Jurassic World this weekend, a friend of ours wanted to do a drive-in to see that and Pitch Perfect 2. 
  • I'm sitting in Safelight autoglass repair getting our truck windshield fixed (still getting used to "our" everything - 2 weeks ago it would have been "FI's truck" ;) ) to get the truck ready to drive from Nola to NYC at the end of the month *sniff*

DH went back to NYC last weekend to go back to work and I stuck around down here to finish packing the house (b/c I can work from anywhere) so today is more packing and then beers with our neighbors to say good-bye, then a brief stop at a housewarming party, then, if I'm up for it I will go out with DH's, (now my) friends for a big night out on the town in the Quarter.  

Tomorrow I will eat Nola fried chicken for the last time as a resident and fly home to reunite with DH and he's taking me out on some awesome date and giving me a surprise present for selling his furniture & packing our house on my own.  :)

Sunday I will knock out at least 10 Thank You notes from the wedding, and we will head to the beach at Rockaway, Queens if it's nice.  

Happy Weekend Y'all!!
  • I unexpectedly received a large mid year bonus today. The economy has really been hard on our company and we've been breaking even each month, so no one expected to receive the mid year bonuses. But since bonuses are based on the previous half (June -December) when the company was still doing good, they decided it would be best for company moral to still give them out! 

so, Shopping this weekend? Shopping this weekend.

Also have a wedding tomorrow. And probably go see us some dinosaurs at some point too. 
  • Friday!  Work is annoying me today; everyone seems pretty helpless and I have had to waste a lot of my time today on some BS admin tasks b/c a few people are being ridiculous and stubborn about doing a Skype interview.

BUT, I got an email from the people making my wedding ring that it's shipping today!  So that should be here next week; I can't wait, I'm pretty stoked!

Not much exciting this weekend.  Fiance is working Saturday so I'm doing my usual:  farmers market, meditation session, and gym.  Probably a few chores thrown in and a trip to future ILs' house to wish them a happy anniversary (I think it's 45 years!).  I will also, OBVIOUSLY be cheering the Blackhawks on to what I hope will be a 3-2 lead in the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Sunday Fiance is home but don't know what we'll do; the weather is supposed to be shitty / rainy here that day. 
  • Sounds like everyone has solid weekend plans so far! OP -- great idea with the flip-flops! I already got mine through the Dollar Tree website but if I hadn't, I would be doing the same as you.

Tomorrow we're heading to a friend's beach house on Martha's Vineyard and staying until Sun night. We were supposed to register on Sunday and see Jurassic World, but this invitation to MV was last minute and the friend we're visiting is throwing a big farewell party for himself as he's moving out of state next week. Plus, it's going to be a great beach day Sunday.

In the meantime, I told FI that I wanted to start the registry online just for baking stuff (stuff that he doesn't really need/care about) and he gave me a very happy go-ahead. Fun Friday afternoon ahead for me!

• swiftsticksswiftsticks member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2015
    Tonight I'm getting my iPhone 5 repaired OR signing up for a new cell phone plan+phone. My phone has been a brick since Monday :/

Saturday I'm picking up my wedding dress from the bridal shop. FI and I have a big birthday party that night.

Sunday we're picking up our favours. We're doing fancy popcorn (double hit = carmel corn + double butter) and plan to assemble the packages on Monday.

ETA clarity
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sitting in Safelight autoglass repair getting our truck windshield fixed (still getting used to "our" everything - 2 weeks ago it would have been "FI's truck" ;) ) to get the truck ready to drive from Nola to NYC at the end of the month *sniff*

DH went back to NYC last weekend to go back to work and I stuck around down here to finish packing the house (b/c I can work from anywhere) so today is more packing and then beers with our neighbors to say good-bye, then a brief stop at a housewarming party, then, if I'm up for it I will go out with DH's, (now my) friends for a big night out on the town in the Quarter.  

Tomorrow I will eat Nola fried chicken for the last time as a resident and fly home to reunite with DH and he's taking me out on some awesome date and giving me a surprise present for selling his furniture & packing our house on my own.  :)

Sunday I will knock out at least 10 Thank You notes from the wedding, and we will head to the beach at Rockaway, Queens if it's nice.  

Happy Weekend Y'all!!
    Willie Mae's, Dooky Chase?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • peachy13 said:
    Sounds like everyone has solid weekend plans so far! OP -- great idea with the flip-flops! I already got mine through the Dollar Tree website but if I hadn't, I would be doing the same as you.

Tomorrow we're heading to a friend's beach house on Martha's Vineyard and staying until Sun night. We were supposed to register on Sunday and see Jurassic World, but this invitation to MV was last minute and the friend we're visiting is throwing a big farewell party for himself as he's moving out of state next week. Plus, it's going to be a great beach day Sunday.

In the meantime, I told FI that I wanted to start the registry online just for baking stuff (stuff that he doesn't really need/care about) and he gave me a very happy go-ahead. Fun Friday afternoon ahead for me!
    Turns out this weekend was for Old Navy cardholders only so we could only get 10. I will look into the Dollar Tree site! I hadn't thought about that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a good weekend! It was FI's birthday on Friday, so it was pretty much a birthday weekend for him. Friday night I was going to take him out for dinner, but he had a huge lunch at work (it was also employee appreciation day so his workplace organized a huge BBQ) so he wasn't hungry at all for dinner. So instead he just enjoyed a slice of the cake I made for him. Dr. Pepper flavored!

On Saturday his sister and her husband came over and we all went to see Jurassic World. FI and I were both worried it would suck but it actually turned out to be pretty good, at least better than our expectations.

Sunday we had tickets to see Bill Maher. I'm not as familiar with him as FI is but we both enjoyed the show.

Today he's in Miami because Jeb Bush is announcing he's running for president. He's suuuuuper excited you guys /s
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards