Chit Chat

AW - We Are Married! (A few pics as well)

Hello! 

We did it!  It's true what everyone says, it's over WAY too fast.  I had a blast and by the sounds of many of our guests, so did they.  

Had a few minor disasters (a sick ring-bearer and one who was too shy to walk the aisle, as well as a guest with food poisoning - not from reception but day before - and only 4 uninvited guests, each with their own bizarre story.  Actually considering another thread about those guys, as it served as entertainment to me & my immediate family.  Finally, one guest was pick-pocketed the night before & lost his wallet but was still able to fly home & I gave him enough cash to finish out the weekend.  Still felt bad though).  

Otherwise, I went for a run the morning of w/some family & friends, followed by a private pool-side yoga session w/my BFF as a wedding gift which helped me chill out.  Got ready in the suite and had the most fun limo driver ever who took us around the city as we were (gasp) ready EARLY for the wedding!  

The whole crowd danced all night, so much so that we had to move tables as we spilled off the dance floor!  My 83 year old aunt cut a rug, as did the 93 year old grandmother of one of my girlfriends who attended.  Most comments we got were, "Best wedding we've ever been to" and "We need to have more family parties!"  Had a large after party at a Tiki Bar with a great turnout.  

Finally, the farewell brunch I hosted at the wedding hotel was a huge success, tables full of friends & family from all over the country talking about the wedding and catching up with one another.  I definitely recommend doing this if you have the budget and a designated hotel where a lot of out of town guests are staying.  

Oh, and we did a "date night jar" with popsicle sticks and a sharpie next to the guest book (yes, it's Pinterest-y but I saw it at another wedding and liked the idea) but the best thing that came out of it was a couple saucy friends got to the jar later in the evening and had some very suggestive ideas for our dates.  "French Tickler Friday" was one of the mild ones...

I wish I had better photos but here are a few cell phone snaps if you're interested.  Pic in the tub is from RD night.  

We blew off our flights home, took a few days off of work and did a mini-moon at the beach on top of it.  I recommend taking a few days off if you plan & host your own wedding w/o hiring a planner!

I've said it before & I'll say it again, I have many many thanks for all of you on here, especially the regs, who helped me navigate through the many subtleties of wedding & reception etiquette.  I think I had all the basics down but I was surprised at how much I learned on here and I think the great time everyone had (including me) is directly attributable to the advice I got from many of you.  THANK YOU, I think I'll stick around here!  

PS - the bridesmaid dress that I got a little shit for in the past b/c I said it was universally flattering, seemed to be a hit.  Friends of bridesmaids who posted pics of themselves in it on the Face were asking where to buy one.

PPS - what in the ever loving fuck went on here while I was gone?!  Looked like a whiteout snow-storm for awhile & I'm sorry we lost some regs.  :( 

Re: AW - We Are Married! (A few pics as well)

• Congratulations!! You look so happy. I love your dress and makeup.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Looks like it was so fun! And you looked gorgeous! Congrats! 
  • You look absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! 

• Thank you, Ladies!

I was super happy with the make-up as well.  

Two Sisters out of Metarie, LA (servicing New Orleans).  Plan to give them a shout-out on the local board.  
  • Beautiful photos!
  • Stunning! Looks like a blast!
  • Congratulations! You looked so beautiful!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations, you look beautiful!  Also, I for one would love to hear the reasons for the uninvited guests...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great pics and gorgeous bride! Congrats!! Looks like you had a ton of fun!
    *********************************************************************************

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    What a beautiful bride!  Congratulations!  Your lovely smile says it all!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Such pretty photos!!  Congratulations

• wow you looked rocking on your wedding day!!! you look very happy in those pics!!

• Congratulations! You look gorgeous and it looks like a super fun party :)
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    How beautiful! Congrats.
  • Breathtaking!!! Congratulations!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • mrsdee15 said:

Congratulations, you look beautiful!  Also, I for one would love to hear the reasons for the uninvited guests...

Thank you all, *blushing*!

I'm definitely going to do the uninvited guest thread in the next week or so. Need to catch up on work & pack up our Nola house first
  • Everything sounds so great! Congrats! 

• Beautiful!!! 
  • Congratulations. Everything looked wonderful!
  • You have such a beautiful smile! It carried through every one of the pictures. Also I love love love the picture of you in the tub. It just seems so funny and yet so classy! Glad you and your husband had a wonderful wedding and congratulations!
  • You have such a beautiful smile! It carried through every one of the pictures. Also I love love love the picture of you in the tub. It just seems so funny and yet so classy! Glad you and your husband had a wonderful wedding and congratulations!
    Thank you so much, that is so sweet of you to say.  The bathtub pic was a hilarious moment.  After the RD, 3 of my BMs (all from grad school so we were a crew who hasn't been all together in years) went back to our hotel to drop some things from the RD before going out.  We thought it was hilarious that there was this huge tub in the bathroom so my girlfriend insisted I get in the tub for a pic and she strung the beads on my shoe & snapped it.  Totally unplanned but very us :) 
  • Best wishes! You look awesome and so very happy!!

(Not gonna lie, totally looked for the BM dress before I read the post ;) )
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• edited June 2015
    Best wishes! You look awesome and so very happy!!

Thank you!  I was a newb at the time, hadn't lurked, didn't understand the culture of the boards.  It was my first online forum ever.  I still think I was misunderstood in that post, in that I didn't have any expectations of my bridesmaids beyond coming to the wedding but the post did take a weird turn like they sometimes do w/a new poster not used to the boards.  I definitely overreacted but I'm a headstrong (read: stubborn) lady so I felt the need to defend myself to the death (of the thread).  Haha.  Anyway, I'm glad I stuck around - this really is a great community full of strong and bright women.  

ETA - to show I'm not afraid to embarrass myself, in that first thread, I also thought the siggy gifs were directed at me, didn't understand ANY of the acronyms, and thought MUD stood for "Multiple User Disorder" rather than "Made Up Drama" and I actually thought posters were accusing me of making up another username to add more comments!  LOL.  I've come a long way since then!

And thank you for the well wishes.  It was a wonderful weekend & I'm still on Cloud 9.  When the pro shots come back, I'll post more pics of the BM dress ;)  
  • Best wishes! You look awesome and so very happy!!

Thank you!  I was a newb at the time, hadn't lurked, didn't understand the culture of the boards.  It was my first online forum ever.  I still think I was misunderstood in that post, in that I didn't have any expectations of my bridesmaids beyond coming to the wedding but the post did take a weird turn like they sometimes do w/a new poster not used to the boards.  I definitely overreacted but I'm a headstrong (read: stubborn) lady so I felt the need to defend myself to the death (of the thread).  Haha.  Anyway, I'm glad I stuck around - this really is a great community full of strong and bright women.  

ETA - to show I'm not afraid to embarrass myself, in that first thread, I also thought the siggy gifs were directed at me, didn't understand ANY of the acronyms, and thought MUD stood for "Multiple User Disorder" rather than "Made Up Drama" and I actually thought posters were accusing me of making up another username to add more comments!  LOL.  I've come a long way since then!

And thank you for the well wishes.  It was a wonderful weekend & I'm still on Cloud 9.  When the pro shots come back, I'll post more pics of the BM dress ;)  
    We're glad you stayed as well :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards