Chit Chat

PSA: HAWKS WIN

Go Blackhaws! So excited!!! I need a good gif!

Re: PSA: HAWKS WIN

• My father must be pleased, I know he mentioned the game earlier. The Blackhawks are his second favorite (we're all from NY, so of course he prefers the Rangers).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Aw, I'm sad. Love my Lightning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I was rooting for lightning strictly because the Hawks are so dang good and this would be their 3rd cup since 2010! But they are a great team and well desreved!

Anniversary
  • I am SO tired. I didn't get home from the city until 1am, but the celebrations were amazing!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was a very exciting game...  the second goal was pure perfection...  it must have been so exciting to win at home- I bet the stadium was absolutely electric last night!

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015

HAT TRICK!!!!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE that this board has so many Hawks fans. Question-has anyone done or considered doing a Stanley Cup cake at their wedding? I really really really want to surprise FI and his family (they are season ticket holders).
  • I was so happy Kaner broke that drought he was going through.  That was a GREAT insurance goal for us!
  • edited June 2015
    KatWAG said:

This is a picture I took outside Coach Q's house this morning 

They do this to him every time they win the cup.  He takes it like a very good sport, but I don't understand why people do this to someone they are so grateful to.  This is a PITA to clean up- and it's supposed to rain a lot the rest of this week.

ETA:  "the cup."
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    KatWAG said:

This is a picture I took outside Coach Q's house this morning 

They do this to him every time they win the cup.  He takes it like a very good sport, but I don't understand why people do this to someone they are so grateful to.  This is a PITA to clean up- and it's supposed to rain a lot the rest of this week.

ETA:  "the cup."

Coach Q is not the one who cleans it up. So don't worry, no one is making work for him.

And the neighborhood is very grateful for him. Every house in a 3 block radius has a hawks flag hanging on their door. And all year long resident respect his privacy and never bother him when he is around town.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • chloe97 said:
    LOVE LOVE LOVE that this board has so many Hawks fans. Question-has anyone done or considered doing a Stanley Cup cake at their wedding? I really really really want to surprise FI and his family (they are season ticket holders).

@chloe97, I went to a wedding 2 years ago and they had a Stanley cup replica (obviously) as their card holder. They listed their names and their WP names just like the cup has with players. They also had Tommy Hawks make an appearance which was pretty cool!

• Kane got the finishing goal inthe 2010 Stanley Cup win. It's only fitting to do it again for the dynasty.

And the fact Toews gave the cup to Timonen....the bar exploded in cheers and clapping. Feels so good. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • MadHops21 said:
    Kane got the finishing goal inthe 2010 Stanley Cup win. It's only fitting to do it again for the dynasty.

And the fact Toews gave the cup to Timonen....the bar exploded in cheers and clapping. Feels so good. 
    I love that less than a week ago the entire city wanted Timonen dead and now we're all so happy for him and love him. I'm also one of these people. I love it. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We were at an Imagine Dragon's concert in Chicago last night and the lead singer announced the Blackhawks had won! What an great night.
  • debbeau said:
    We were at an Imagine Dragon's concert in Chicago last night and the lead singer announced the Blackhawks had won! What an great night.
    Oh I was going to buy a ticket for that!! I'm glad I didn't, what with the horrible weather and traffic, but that group is on my list to see. 

• MadHops21 said:
    Kane got the finishing goal inthe 2010 Stanley Cup win. It's only fitting to do it again for the dynasty.

I love that less than a week ago the entire city wanted Timonen dead and now we're all so happy for him and love him. I'm also one of these people. I love it. 
    I'm not a Superfan of any sport so don't really follow individual players. Why were people hating on Timonen? 

• MadHops21 said:

I'm not a Superfan of any sport so don't really follow individual players. Why were people hating on Timonen? 
    He's old and slow and his +/- was atrocious. His bad passing and turnovers gave the Lightning at least two goals.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • PSA; If you're coming downtown for the celebration, don't listen to "them" about public transportation.  I was working near Union Station two years ago during the parade festivities.  I tried to get on a Metra train to go home after early dismissal at noon.  Not a train to be seen.  Moshpit closeness in the lobby area.  I squished my way the hell out of there and got on the Blue Line (because suburbanites are afraid of the L) and had FH pick me up way out of the way.  I ended up just eating the cost of my Metra ticket because I needed to get the hell away from that.  Awful.  So, again, don't listen to them about how they'll be all on top of it with the trains and public transportation.  They won't be.
  • adk19 said:
    PSA; If you're coming downtown for the celebration, don't listen to "them" about public transportation.  I was working near Union Station two years ago during the parade festivities.  I tried to get on a Metra train to go home after early dismissal at noon.  Not a train to be seen.  Moshpit closeness in the lobby area.  I squished my way the hell out of there and got on the Blue Line (because suburbanites are afraid of the L) and had FH pick me up way out of the way.  I ended up just eating the cost of my Metra ticket because I needed to get the hell away from that.  Awful.  So, again, don't listen to them about how they'll be all on top of it with the trains and public transportation.  They won't be.
    Last time they won I was riding the train in from Schaumburg- total cluster fuck.  Us "regs" who couldn't skip work could barely get on the train in the morning.  Nightmare.  Yeah, I'd be waiting for a few hours to pass before I tried to get home on the Metra.
  • Good grief, last time my usual CTA bus could barely move on it's route through downtown to get me to work on time at 8am. Eight in the morning!! I always say attending this stuff will be fun, but I really hate crowds and usually avoid this stuff. Good intentions and all. 

• Hell, Metra could barely keep up this weekend with a few festivals and a Cubs game. Trains were way behind schedule and clusterfucks all day long. I couldn't imagine relying on that for the rally. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    adk19 said:
    PSA; If you're coming downtown for the celebration, don't listen to "them" about public transportation.  I was working near Union Station two years ago during the parade festivities.  I tried to get on a Metra train to go home after early dismissal at noon.  Not a train to be seen.  Moshpit closeness in the lobby area.  I squished my way the hell out of there and got on the Blue Line (because suburbanites are afraid of the L) and had FH pick me up way out of the way.  I ended up just eating the cost of my Metra ticket because I needed to get the hell away from that.  Awful.  So, again, don't listen to them about how they'll be all on top of it with the trains and public transportation.  They won't be.

Ugh, I completely forgot about this. I might be working from home.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the reminder. Do we know the date yet? Good work from home day for me too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    Thanks for the reminder. Do we know the date yet? Good work from home day for me too.

Thursday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My coworker just asked for Thursday off and we've had a few drivers call in asking for the day off as well. I went to the rally in 2010 and just remember it being so HOT, too crowded and anxiety-inducing. I will record it and watch it at home Thursday night most likely.

As far as what someone said about the TP on Coach Q's house, I was thinking the same thing about rioting/destruction. Granted last night wasn't bad at all but the bar where I was in the West Loop had people smashing glasses and throwing drinks. I know you're excited, but come on. No need to smash your glass!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards