Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Non-cheesy Father - Daughter Dance songs?

Looking
for father - daughter dance songs that do not have princess or butterfly in it. My
dad is a classic rock kind of guy and that's what I always think of when I think about him.

Also, looking for suggestions for
grand march and bridal party dance songs. Thank you!

Re: Non-cheesy Father - Daughter Dance songs?

• Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm using Fleetwood Mac's Landslide with my Dad.

If a grand march is like an entrance (?) we are using U2 Beautiful Day.  My FI and I have total opposite taste in music (I like pop, he likes heavy (HEAVY) metal, so this was one of the few we could agree on.
  • Options
    Here's a few ideas:

Golden Slumbers, Imagine, In My Life, Blackbird, Let it Be ... are a few Beatles Ideas

God Only Knows by The Beach Boys

You Are So Beautiful     Joe Cocker
    You're The Inspiration     Chicago

My Father's Eyes or Over The Rainbow by Eric Clapton
    Forever Young by Rod Stewart or Bob Dylan

That's a pretty good starting point - good luck!

• Options
    I'm using "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw.  Not quite as cheesy as some.
  • Options
    Have you considered using a song without words? A tango might be nice if so: A decent beat and guitars.
  • Options
    My dad also loves classic rock, and yet he chose one of the cheesiest songs... "I Loved Her First" I'm letting my father and my FMIL pick the songs since it's their special moment during the reception.  
  • Options
    Neither my dad or I are fluffy, sentimental people, and we didn't have that princess/daddy's little girl relationship--we had a good relationship, but I was more tomboyish and was the daughter who enjoyed BBQing and tinkering around with the car with him.

We are doing "I'll Stand By You", the Rod Stewart version. It's fitting for us because he has been there for me during some tough times, and I know he will continue to be. So that's just a suggestion if you have a similar relationship with your dad :)
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    klk111415 said:
    My dad also loves classic rock, and yet he chose one of the cheesiest songs... "I Loved Her First" I'm letting my father and my FMIL pick the songs since it's their special moment during the reception.  
    My dad also loves class rock and he picked "My little Girl" by Tim Mcgraw. There were a bunch of other mushy songs that made him all emotional and I was shooting them down. They were just too sickeningly sweet to me. I wanted In My Life by the Beatles because I love the Beatles and have been listening to them since I was little since they're my dad's all time favorite band. Once he found out why that song meant so much to me he changed his mind. So we're doing In my Life and I'm really happy!

• Options
    My dad's into rock and rap.
    He picked "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle.
    Have you asked him if he had any suggestions?
  • Options
    Wildflowers, by Tom Petty?
  • Options
    I almost went with this one!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    spglspspglsp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I almost went with this one!
    I wanted this one too! My father vetoed it *grumble grumble*