September 2015 Weddings

Engagement photos!!!

We just had our engagement photos taken this weekend, and while I am absolutely dying to see them (the photographer said they will be done in two weeks), I figured this would be a good time to ask if you ladies are also doing photos and give you the opportunity to show off your favorites!

Re: Engagement photos!!!

• We have e-pics as part of our photography package but haven't taken them yet.  I am hoping to take them by the end of May. We both aren't big fans of the camera so this just hasn't been high on our list off things to do.  If we don't take them soon I probably will switch it out for something else my photographer offers.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Ours was part of a package too, and honestly I'm glad I took advantage of it. The photographer asked that I provide her feedback on things I liked/didn't like about angles, poses, and etc. so that when it comes to the big day, she can provide the best coverage possible.  However I totally get not being a big fan of the camera...I'm used to being the one behind it not in front!

• I was so scared about out engagement photos. However, I am so glad we did them! I hate pictures of myself with a passion usually. But I took time to fine outfits I liked on me and got my hair and makeup done. what a difference this makes!

• Ours was part of a package too, and honestly I'm glad I took advantage of it. The photographer asked that I provide her feedback on things I liked/didn't like about angles, poses, and etc. so that when it comes to the big day, she can provide the best coverage possible.  However I totally get not being a big fan of the camera...I'm used to being the one behind it not in front!

My photographer did say he wanted to use the engagement session to get to know our photo style and see our personalities.  It helps him to take the best shots on the wedding day.  Your point reminded me of this.  I will have to keep that in mind.
    aliwis000 said:

I was so scared about out engagement photos. However, I am so glad we did them! I hate pictures of myself with a passion usually. But I took time to fine outfits I liked on me and got my hair and makeup done. what a difference this makes!

Seeing I don't usually get all dolled up, getting my makeup and hair done would be fun and I am a bit curious to see how being all dolled up translates on camera.  Also, I told my MUA that my makeup trial could be used for my e-pics.  I'd kill two birds with one stone I suppose. 

My photographer did say he wanted to use the engagement session to get to know our photo style and see our personalities.  It helps him to take the best shots on the wedding day.  Your point reminded me of this.  I will have to keep that in mind.
    aliwis000 said:

I was so scared about out engagement photos. However, I am so glad we did them! I hate pictures of myself with a passion usually. But I took time to fine outfits I liked on me and got my hair and makeup done. what a difference this makes!

Seeing I don't usually get all dolled up, getting my makeup and hair done would be fun and I am a bit curious to see how being all dolled up translates on camera.  Also, I told my MUA that my makeup trial could be used for my e-pics.  I'd kill two birds with one stone I suppose. 
    I highly encourage you to do it. I am not a super girly girl.  I wear make up everyday and enjoy a pedicure every few months but I would never be described as super girly. However, I truly 100% believe if you are getting professional photos taken you should invest in someone to do makeup and hair for you. And honestly if you can only pick one, do makeup.

Having a pro do my makeup translated to the photos so much better than I could have done it. I think this is mostly because, although I do my make up everyday, I never do it as heavy as she did. I honestly almost did not recognize myself! HOWEVER, in the pictures I DID look like me. It took that extra makeup to stand out in photos and I did not look over done or anything even close.

Good luck! I am sure the photos will be amazing!
  • We weren't going to do them because of cost and inconvenience (we live in another province from where our wedding will take place). However our photographer really encouraged us to do it and offered us half off so we took her up on it (She is amazing).

We did ours last October because we wanted to the fall colours that we would get in our September wedding photos. 

I am so glad we did them. Both FI and I were super awkward in front of the camera and it really gave us the opportunity to get to know our photographer and get more comfortable with her which will really translate on the wedding day. We also learned what angles worked for us, how our height difference affects things etc. Over all it was a great learning experience that I am glad we had BEFORE the wedding. And we got some great photos out of it.

It also prompted FI and I to start eating a bit better because we both had chubby face syndrome.

This is my favorite picture from the shoot, the relaxed stance, the fact that she captured a moment that we didn't know she was shooting. It was exactly the kind of photography we want at the wedding. Natural candid shots, not all posey posey.
  • That's adorable!!!  Love it!!!  Fingers crossed we will have ours by Sunday.  Can not wait!!
  • edited September 2015
  • tj&cwtj&cw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    All your photos came really cute! We had ours done right after Christmas just wanted to make sure I liked the photographer before I hired him for the wedding. Let me see if I can add a few of my fav ones. My FI coaches soccer so it is a big part of our lives...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tj&cw  Adorable!!!
  • IamnowmrsjmsIamnowmrsjms member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    love looking at all the great pics! We did ours in November, on a chilly day in Boston, but we still had a ton of fun!  We got so many great pics, it was hard to choose one for the STD.  Our shoot was also included in our photog's package.  Here's a link to our shoot.  There are a TON of pics!
    ETA-deleted the link bc it didn't work :(
  • We got ours done in April and they were part of our photography pack too!!  We got them taken at FI's family farm where were having the wedding :D
    1.jpg 412.1K
    2.jpg 423.7K
    3.jpg 1.5M
    4.jpg 1.6M
    5.jpg 3.6M
  • @FutureMrsSereda Love the one with the antler heart!  So unique!
  • We booked for July 11th.  I sure hope it goes well and we get some nice pics like the ones posted here so far.  

• @island07b2b Yay!!!  Be sure to post some here!!
  • We finally took our epics today. Our photographer showed us a few pics as he took them.  We got some good ones.  Thank goodness and it was fun which is saying something for two people who aren't fans of taking pictures.  LOL!   I will post a pic or two as soon as I get them.  

• @island07b2b Awesome!!  Can't wait to see them!!
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2015
    We got our epics today.  I didn't realize how much we hugged during the shoot.  Almost everyone of our pics shows us hugging.  I guess we must be in love.  LOL!  Here are a few of the favorites.

• tj&cwtj&cw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    island07b2b ----they are beautiful! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tj&cw said:
    island07b2b ----they are beautiful! 

Awww...thanks.  :-)

• @island7b2b Adorable!  Love them!
  • @varner2b2015 - Thanks!

• We just got our engagement photos back today. :)
    We did a lot of kissing in our pictures. :P

• @britneydel So cute!  Love your sandals btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards