Budget Weddings Forum

My checklist

Here is what I have planned so far: Chaplain- free because he is my battalion chaplain. Going to offer a 50$ donation to my units FRG. Venue-room in my national guards museum, free because I'm in the division, 50$ donation. Cake- 100$ budgeted. Dress- already have a white casual dress No bridal party No flowers No decorations Punch/ water/ finger foods- 80$ budgeted. Invites- 20$ budgeted What else am I missing?

Re: My checklist

• Does the room come with seats for every guest that you have? Enough bathrooms for everyone to use? Is there a clean-up fee for using the facility at all?
  • Yup! Tables and chairs, as well at restrooms. No cleanup fee. Trash cans provided. Oh, I almost forgot: my old college roommate has offered to do the pictures (she majored in photography).
  • Perhaps budget for hair and makeup?

Also, don't forget about the marriage certificate.

Thanks for sharing- this is a great reminder that you can host a wedding without spending a lot.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

plates, napkins,forks, cups

thank you cards

your SOs attire

are you walking down an aisle to any music? If so how is that being played? Also any background music (ipod with speaker attached), not necessary but might be nice

• Rings, if you plan on having/exchanging them
    Stamps, for the invites and thank you cards

• Here is what I have planned so far: Chaplain- free because he is my battalion chaplain. Going to offer a 50$ donation to my units FRG. Venue-room in my national guards museum, free because I'm in the division, 50$ donation. Cake- 100$ budgeted. Dress- already have a white casual dress No bridal party No flowers No decorations Punch/ water/ finger foods- 80$ budgeted. Invites- 20$ budgeted What else am I missing?
    What time is your wedding?
  • PPs have other costs pretty much covered.

I'm also wondering - what time is your wedding and how many people are you inviting?
    *********************************************************************************

• Make sure that you get your friend something for taking on the photographer role.

• Wedding is 2:30 in the afternoon. We plan on inviting 20 people. I'm doing my own hair and makeup. SO is wearing his ASUs (military uniform). I have a full book of stamps, thank you for reminding me to check. Thank you cards...I could probably get a pack of 20 for 10$ at target...I've decided to not get a wedding band, and DH already has his wedding band. Plastic silver wear! I totally forgot. could be budgeted at 20-25$, perhaps? They have some nice silver wear at target. Ahhhh I need to think about music, I haven't yet. Thank you all so much, if I'm forgetting anything else or if I'm budgeting too small please let me know.
  • Wedding is 2:30 in the afternoon. We plan on inviting 20 people. I'm doing my own hair and makeup. SO is wearing his ASUs (military uniform). I have a full book of stamps, thank you for reminding me to check. Thank you cards...I could probably get a pack of 20 for 10$ at target...I've decided to not get a wedding band, and DH already has his wedding band. Plastic silver wear! I totally forgot. could be budgeted at 20-25$, perhaps? They have some nice silver wear at target. Ahhhh I need to think about music, I haven't yet. Thank you all so much, if I'm forgetting anything else or if I'm budgeting too small please let me know.
    Sounds fine. The reason we asked about time was just in case it was during a meal time. Then you would have needed to have a meal. But with your time, it sounds good!
  • Tablecloths if they aren't included.
  • Are you having a cake? I would up the food budget a little. It adds up SO fast. Check Amazon for plates, cups, "silver"ware - great deals on decent looking stuff :)
  • edited July 2015

I second uping the food budget if you can. Depending on what you plan to serve, it can add up quickly. And if you are making up any things yourself, say baking cookies, making a veggie tray, don't forget serving platters and serving utensils.

When shopping, don't forget to check out your local dollar store. You can get generic thank you cards there. By the way, don't forget a card box for people to put any cards in, When it comes to thank you cards, they don't have to be fancy & expensive, they just have to be done in a timely manner. People will throw them away after they read them. Also you can get plates, silverware & napkins at the dollar store too.

• And if you really want flowers, maybe grab a nice bouquet from your local grocery store the night before, just the stems shorter, and wrap with ribbon. You can make yourself a simple & nice bouquet for under $10.00
  • Dollar store sells sets of plastic flatwear (knives forks spoos) something like 25 for $1, get a few of those and bam.
  • If you or someone you know has a Costco membership, that would help you with both the food/cake budget and the plates/utensils.  I wouldn't use the dollar store ones, they are super flimsy and hard to eat with.
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards