Not Engaged Yet

Random and Rainy Wednesday

13»

Re: Random and Rainy Wednesday

• @GoldenPenguin every time I see your sig all I can think of is this dance:

friends tv show funy
  • One of my committee members threw out samples from which I needed him to take data after I left my last job because I ran out of time. He knew I needed this, and I reminded him repeatedly throughout the year. I will not have this data for my dissertation. To recreate these samples, I would need a month working 12 hours days every day (including weekends) and a student to help me keep the experiments rolling forward, especially on dishes.

I will not be calm today. I may not be calm tomorrow.
  • @cu97tiger - I hope you two get some good news about the possible transfer!!!!
  • @cu97tiger Sending you two all the Phoenix vibes!!!

Today I learned that it's a miracle I've survived the last 26.99 years because I am allergic to EVERYTHING. I went to get my allergy shots today, and there was a bunch of confusion and drama regarding mixing new serum and what I've been billed for the past year. Basically the normal allergy shot serums are for 120 doses. Because I'm allergic to EVERYTHING EVER, my serum is for 180 doses. The billing coordinator said the doctor has maybe a handful of patients that are as allergic to life as me. Anywho, due to insurance payment restrictions, the doctor's office can only bill for 60 doses every 3 months... so it takes 9 months to actually pay off one full mixture of my serum. Holy moly. Why is this stuff so expensive, and why does my body have such a bad reaction to life? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @KeptInStitches - Oh no!  I'm so sorry to hear that.

@cu97tiger - ALL the good vibes!

@eilis1228 - I took allergy shots for a year or so.  I don't remember how many things I was allergic to but I do remember that I had three serums (self administering three shots every few days = no fun BUT paying a $20 copay for the nurse to give me three shots every few days = less fun).  They are crazy expensive.  That said, they really did help.  I hope they work for you!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches OH No!! :(

@cu97tiger ALL THE JOB VIBES TO H!!!!!!!!!!

@eilis1228 I'm sorry you're allergic to everything! Those shots are so stupid expensive. My mom thought about doing them but didn't want to deal with the cost. She's another one of those "apparently allergic to everything" people.

• @eilis1228 I wouldn't even survive allergy testing lol so I'm still proud of you! Keep on not being as allergic to life!

@KeptInStitches that sounds like something my old advisor would do. Ugh. Is your dissertation salvageable? Like would it be PhD worthy without that chapter? Or is this a huge blow to the whole thing? So many hugs. Academia is so mindfucking.

Our bug guy is here right now and our house is a mess. Lol. Hopefully he doesn't mind. We are leaving on vacation soon sheesh!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @blue & white, I think it's salvageable. At this point, the fury is over the principle of the thing. I need information from my lab books and files, though. I'm going over no earlier than Friday (probably next week), and if I find out they trashed those, you will hear the nuclear explosion. It will sound like "Deadwood" at about 20,000 dB.
  • @KeptInStitches in good news, the lab I was in kept lab books and notes forever in case of questions of academic integrity (and I actually think it was department policy as well) I hope all your data is intact and easy to find!! Note: we had to make tables of contents for all our lab books before we left. Holy hell I had like 9 books! It took forever. Let's not forget the one lab book where NONE of the experiments mattered cause I did them ALL in the wrong strain lol. <--we eventually repeated them in the wrong strain because there was weird activity shown when the protein was over expressed lol.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards