Favors

USB Favors

Hello! Have any of you done USB wedding favors? I'm looking for vendor recommendations!

Re: USB Favors

• I have never seen this, so I don't know. But I googled "usb in bulk" and got a ton of options. 

I'm curious though, why USBs? This seems like such a totally random, off the wall favor.
    *********************************************************************************

• Edible.  Edible favors are your friend.  If I need a USB drive I will go buy one.

• No. I'm in the tech field and USB drives are about obsolete. With Google drive, shared drives etc... there's no need for USB. And I don't want a USB with your wedding on it.

• jacques27jacques27 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    People who use USB drives already have USB drives.
    People who don't use USB drives aren't going to suddenly start because your name and wedding date is on it.
    Darn near everything, including documents created via Microsoft Office, is available via Cloud.

I've used a USB drive exactly once in 10 years and that's only because I was working on a presentation for a class right up until the last minute without time to email it to the instructor and it would have wasted everyone's time for me to log in to retrieve it.

Save your money and skip the favors or find something edible that more people will be able to appreciate.

• No. I'm in the tech field and USB drives are about obsolete. With Google drive, shared drives etc... there's no need for USB. And I don't want a USB with your wedding on it.
    But whyyyy? 5 years from now when you clean our your junk drawer, you'll be reminded of Jack & Sally's wedding!!
    *********************************************************************************

• Love the honesty on these forums! My gripe with edibles is that they are gone so quickly and are so common. And it is hard with other trinkets to find something gender neutral and useful. 

I am in the R&D field and do use a USB quite often but perhaps I am not as technologically advanced as some of you :) Anyway thanks for the feedback - was wondering if anyone had done it and was pleased with the results from a particular vendor.
  • Love the honesty on these forums! My gripe with edibles is that they are gone so quickly and are so common. And it is hard with other trinkets to find something gender neutral and useful. 

I am in the R&D field and do use a USB quite often but perhaps I am not as technologically advanced as some of you :) Anyway thanks for the feedback - was wondering if anyone had done it and was pleased with the results from a particular vendor.
    They are gone so quickly because people like them.  And eat them.  Eating them is a sign of liking them.

I guarantee you that any trinket you pick - half of them will be left on the tables at the end of the night, and another 30-40% of them might make it home where it will sit in someone's junk drawer for an appropriate amount of time until they no longer feel guilty about throwing it out.  You should hate wasting money more than you hate people having yummy things to snack on that put your money to good use.

Edibles are common because they're (often) delicious! And its not random junk that people feel like they have to politely take.

Favors aren't required. We didn't have them. If I were you, I'd save the money and spend it on another app or on a massage during your HM.

There is a reason why edible favors are so popular, because guests like them.  They have a tasty treat to eat on the way back from your wedding, not some random knick-knack that will end up in a junk drawer or in the trash.

If you are fully against edible favors then I would just nix the favors all together and use that money to upgrade your bar or add an extra appetizer to your cocktail hour.

• I honestly would have no use for that and would not even take it with me. 
  • I currently have about 10 USBs sitting in a drawer in my office and at home from various vendors who keep giving them to me.  I use them oh, maybe once every 2 years. Seriously, don't waste your money.
  • My husband would probably appreciate the USB, but I would rather get some chocolate
  • Your gripe with edibles being gone so quickly implies you think people actually want to keep trinkets from your wedding. Spoiler alert: Most of us don't.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Give me chocolate - I'll eat it on the spot and rave about what a perfect favor it was.  I don't want a USB drive - seriously, I'll leave it behind.
  • edited June 2015
    It's funny that I stumbled on this favor post tonight.  I just spent a few hours stuffing boxes full of chocolate for my favors and adding a matching ribbon.    In the middle of this project, I realized that these boxes (which I spent hours trying to find) are going to end up in the trash.   I looked at the finished favors and saw dollar bills in the trash.   It killed me.  I thought, why did I do this?   Why did I stress about this?   I really wish I just put the chocolates in a big bowl on the table with a sign that said "Enjoy". 

Edibles are the least likely to go to waste.  They get consumed rather quickly and are enjoyed.   Other favors (and boxes, bags, bows) end up in the trash within 24 hours or less.   That's all wasted money.   

People don't care about original favors.  They care about how practical they are going to be. 
  • It's funny that I stumbled on this favor post tonight.  I just spent a few hours stuffing boxes full of chocolate for my favors and adding a matching ribbon.    In the middle of this project, I realized that these boxes (which I spent hours trying to find) are going to end up in the trash.   I looked at the finished favors and saw dollar bills in the trash.   It killed me.  I thought, why did I do this?   Why did I stress about this?   I really wish I just put the chocolates in a big bowl on the table with a sign that said "Enjoy". 

Edibles are the least likely to go to waste.  They get consumed rather quickly and are enjoyed.   Other favors (and boxes, bags, bows) end up in the trash within 24 hours or less.   That's all wasted money.   

People don't care about original favors.  They care about how practical they are going to be. 
    Nah, you did the right thing.  A bowl of chocolates would mean none of your guests would get any if I were attending.  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards