August 2015 Weddings

Processional music???

Ok Ladies,I'm getting married August 1, 2015 and I have no idea what is going on with my head!! For whatever reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around processional music and how it works, I feel like this shouldn't be that hard, but every time I try to sit down and figure it out, I get frustrated! I want to walk down the aisle to "A River Flows In You" by Yumira. I have no idea what to do for bridesmaids though or how to make one song flow into the next without any awkward musical pauses. I really wanted my girls to walk in to an instrumental version of "For Good" from Wicked, but I seriously just cannot figure out how to switch into my song! I have been to weddings, I have been in weddings, but all of sudden I cannot remember a thing! 
I Can't hire a band or musician for the wedding ( I feel like this would be easier if I could lol) Any ideas on what I should do or how I should do it??
Thanks in Advance!!

Re: Processional music???

• I have no suggestions, I am just eagerly awaiting helpful responses that you and I can both benefit from. :)
  • Personally, I like the fading of the previous song that can be seen as an abrupt change. It lets me know a different group of people are coming down. I know that this isn't helpful, just an opinion.
  • Do you have itunes or another music program on your computer. Make a playlist for the processional and then have it set so that the first song fades out and the second song fades in. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having my future brother in law set it up. I'm trying to convince FI to do mash up of 2 songs {we're walking to AC/DC fyi!} but I like the fade idea. Sounds like a good blend.

and yay! wedding date twins!!!
  • We're having a solo violinist. The wedding crew will be walking with the song "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" 
  • I was just thinking about this.  As far as I can remember, the weddings I've been to have all had the music fade before the bride walks down the aisle.  That's what our DJ said he would do with us.  I'm walking down the aisle to a song with words and was saying to the DJ that I was worried that the bridal party walking in also to a song with words would be weird because they may clash, but he said it wouldn't and he would fade one into the other.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • glad i'm not the only one struggling with ceremony music!  

we are having my brother in law work the stereo and it will probably be an abrupt change in songs but I guess that can add drama before I walk down the isle??

question - do you let the whole song play out or stop it once everyone has made their way down the isle?  and same for me....whole song or fade it out once I make it to my groom?  

we just need 3 songs right?  bridesmaids, bride, and then recessional?  

sooooooo many details to iron out still....ahhhh....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards