New Jersey - South

Large DIY Venue in South Jersey

Hello all!

I'm just starting to plan a wedding for October 2016. I want to host an inexpensive, DIY-type wedding for around 200 people (SO and I have very large families!), but I cannot find a space that is large enough for an event like this! I've done tons of research and keep coming up with upcharged wedding factories or parks that are beautiful but have space for 100 guests or less. Does anyone know of any locations in the South Jersey/Philly area that are large enough and can be rented out?

Many thanks for your ideas!

Re: Large DIY Venue in South Jersey

• Try Gibson House in Evesham Twp.  I think their space will be big enough for you.

Also, don't discount all-inclusive venues, once everything is added up, you may spend less money pp at an all-inclusive wedding venue.  Have you determined a price per person that fits your budget?

• It depends. I would ideally like to keep the entire venue/caterer (since they're usually booked together) around 15k. So if a venue charges a site and ceremony fee, then the price per head will be less. So far I've visited Brigalias, Masso's, Merion Tribute House, and Bogey's Clubhouse. They all have their pros and cons of course, but Merion Tribute House has the look I'm going for. 
  • Also look into Maggianos in Cherry Hill, Valleybrook Country Club in Blackwood and Lakeside Manor in Gibbsboro.  Unfortunately, I don't think you will find anything else that looks like Merion Tribute House.  It is gorgeous!

We had our wedding at Brigalias.  It was awesome!  They also include the cake, centerpieces (unless you want fresh flowers - then that's on you), table numbers, card box, dinner menus, standard linens, etc.  Also, a plated dinner and buffet were not priced differently, which I did not find at any other venue we visited when we planned our wedding.  Their customer service was also top notch from start to finish. So even though you may be going over the 15k, there could be less costs for your budget elsewhere.

• Hi my wedding is booked at Brigalias for July 15 2016. Does anyone know if they will provide an officiant?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards