Not Engaged Yet

AW: We're engaged!!!

I know that the boards are slow on the weekends, but BF (now FI - ah!) proposed yesterday and I said yes! Although I was suspicious that it was coming, he totally caught me off guard! He said that he made dinner reservations for last night, so I assumed that he was planning to do it then. When he suggested earlier in the day that we go to a winery nearby for the afternoon to listen to live music, I didn't think anything of it! We got a bottle of wine and found a table outside to listen to music, then he suggested that we walk around the property a little (here I started getting suspicious!). Once we were a little away from other people, he asked me if I want to spend the rest of my life with him and started to get something out of his pocket (to which I said "Are you serious?!?" Then he got down on one knee and said "Will you marry me?" I wasn't crying (although I did later), more just excited and shaking!

We still went into the city for dinner, and little did I know that FI (!) had a surprise waiting for me at the hotel. He got us a fancy suite, and arranged for them to have rose petals on the bed, a giant bouquet of roses, a bottle of wine (from the winery that we got engaged at!), chocolate covered strawberries, a CD player playing "our song", and a card that he had written and dropped off weeks ago! Reading the card finally brought on the waterworks, and we danced to our song and I just couldn't stop crying (happy tears!). We're so excited, and now we're about to head up to NJ to spend the week with my family. I can't wait to see my mom and sister in person!

Re: AW: We're engaged!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards