Snarky Brides
Options

Horrible wedding dress thread!!!

Re: Horrible wedding dress thread!!!

• Options

I feel bad because I liked a lot of these. But, for like a Space Pirate Vampire Princess, not a bride, so maybe I'm in the clear again?

As for the number up top, it's clearly a bridal Queen Etheria cosplay:

It only qualifies if the fabric is covered in Phantom Limb's "tears"
  • Options

I feel bad because I liked a lot of these. But, for like a Space Pirate Vampire Princess, not a bride, so maybe I'm in the clear again?

As for the number up top, it's clearly a bridal Queen Etheria cosplay:

It only qualifies if the fabric is covered in Phantom Limb's "tears"
    Dr. Mrs. The Monarch is my hero.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    This is a fitness model/person I follow. "And yes, my dress was completely see through"
    123.png 348.3K
    1234.png 637.2K
  • Options
    RezIpsa said:

I swear to god this dress has been around with minuscule variations since the late 80s. Is it possible the designer had one of each size made and just won't give up until they are all sold? I kind of like that explanation.

My DIL had a dress like this but instead of red it was purple. She had LSU colors. It was a lot of purple!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mj8215mj8215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    justsie said:

larrygaga said:

Let's go over to pintrest, shall we?

where have all the nipples gone?
    Haha I was scrolling through this wondering if my dress is on here and behold -- the second from the bottom is a very similar rosa Clara style (just the top is different). I had my first fitting today though and I think my dress is the bomb, so carry on!

Really interesting how different everyone's tastes are.
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • Options
    I actually love that dress. I would even consider the cape 
  • Options
    Saw this little gem and thought of y'all.

Sash, veil, boots... why?

• Options
    Saw this little gem and thought of y'all.

Sash, veil, boots... why?
    Optical illusion? Look at the pair of legs in the black pants under her dress. Can't unsee...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ouch Ash. 
    Do you hate it because it's not in the "all white" category? 
  • Options
    KLM7386 said:

Ouch Ash. 
    She was banned, so she isn't going to respond. But she could hate it because it is ugly and not her style. Not putting words in her mouth, but it is ugly.
  • Options
    I'm a little frightened that I like some of these.
    I know! I'm a little worried my own dress is going to show up here
    It's okay, my dress has already shown up on here but I still love it, it's definitely my favorite. Which might mean I don't fit in here.... :(

Mine has already shown on here multiple times... Don't care that was the only dress that had what I wanted with room to add a little more. 
  • Options
    KLM7386 said:

Ouch Ash. 
    I'm not wearing a white dress at all and I think this dress is fugly. I've seen it IRL and it's one of the few dresses that looks worse up close.
  • Options
    I feel like that red dress is just done.   It's been around for decades and it wasn't great looking even back then.   Now I feel like it's trying too hard to be extra royally embellished and it comes off poorly IMO.  
  • Options
    I came across this thread and decided to share this gem.  It is a dress I used to threaten to buy for a friend of mine if she ever got married.

A Justin Alexander that to make matters worse, originally started as a sleeveless dress and the woman paid to have flesh colored sleeves added to it for modesty purposes.

I couldn't imagine giving this away much less asking $1000 for it with a straight face, but that is just me.
  • Options
    hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015

I came across this thread and decided to share this gem.  It is a dress I used to threaten to buy for a friend of mine if she ever got married.

A Justin Alexander that to make matters worse, originally started as a sleeveless dress and the woman paid to have flesh colored sleeves added to it for modesty purposes.

I couldn't imagine giving this away much less asking $1000 for it with a straight face, but that is just me.
    Maybe the next Duggar girl to get married off can wear that!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Pouffy skirt, awkward pouffy back thing (how do you even sit comfortably like that ?!?) and some kind of lacey swim cap-looking thing. Just...no. 

The bottom of this dress reminds me of a garlic clove (annnd now I want garlic bread- thanks, creepy wedding dress)

An oldie but goodie that leaves pretty much nothing to the imagination
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Posted this on the Attire board and was told there was a bad dress thread so I thought I would add.  This is currently for sale on a local fb wedding resale page, listed as a new, custom made dress.  I have to hope it is from a knock off site

Kelly Seabolt's photo.

• Options
    kvruns said:

Posted this on the Attire board and was told there was a bad dress thread so I thought I would add.  This is currently for sale on a local fb wedding resale page, listed as a new, custom made dress.  I have to hope it is from a knock off site

Kelly Seabolt's photo.

That looks like something pulled from the back of a closet in a house that went through major damaging floods. 

• Options
    I think camo has already made an appearance on this thread, but we really can't get enough of it.

• Options

Just the color of her nipples, pretty much.

• Options
    Viczaesar said:

Just the color of her nipples, pretty much.
    Back when I was engaged my Dad sent me this pic and said "As long as your dress doesn't look like this, then get whatever you want!"

• Options
    I always see this one on Pinterest:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    hellohkb said:
    It looks like something is growing out of the dress. Maybe it's just because I'm sensitive to looking asymetric, but I would be scared the bedazzled boob would look like a different size in that dress. 
  • Options
    justsie said:
    hellohkb said:
    It looks like something is growing out of the dress. Maybe it's just because I'm sensitive to looking asymetric, but I would be scared the bedazzled boob would look like a different size in that dress. 

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking! It looks like some sort of Contagious Boob Fungus that attached itself to the dress.

• Options
    I am lacking on pictures, but for all the Pnina horror - Galia Lahav. Oh dear Lord. It's like high fashion lingerie stripped down to less than certain lines and then turned into wedding dresses. I don't think any have a back.
  • Options
    justsie said:
    hellohkb said:
    I definitely think the right boob looks both flatter and larger (how is that even possible?!) than the left.
  • Options
    I am lacking on pictures, but for all the Pnina horror - Galia Lahav. Oh dear Lord. It's like high fashion lingerie stripped down to less than certain lines and then turned into wedding dresses. I don't think any have a back.
    With a quick google search, I have to agree. She only uses stick-thin models with tiny butts. How many ways can you get a ball skirt to start at someone's butt hole? Many ways, apparently. 

• Options
    imageimage
    Found a few choice ones. Of course there is a 1920s themed collection!!!
  • Options
    Thank you! Yes, the dresses are just all kinds of wrong. Granted, I found them in searching for making my dress, which got me to threads and threads on knock off versions and how wonderful they are. Meanwhile, I wanted to run away in fear.

That's what I'll wear on my honeymoon. Maybe. Because I actually got a lot of junk. I most certainly am not spending that kind of money on that little fabric. Nor am I wearing that in front of my father, grandparents, future in laws and other assorted family and friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards