Snarky Brides

Give me money for my honeymoon...

One of my bridesmaids is in another friends wedding and just got this invitation for her shower... Im baffled.. is anyone else? 

"We know its not traditional, 
its not the way its done, 
but BRIDE doesnt need a toaster, 
or a blender.
What she needs is a vacation, 
with her soon to be in the sun. 

So if you wish to give a gift, 
Give her something towards her honeymoon.
She will appreciate it.

Jaw wide open.. 

NO!
Am I crazy?

Re: Give me money for my honeymoon...

• Terrible poem and horrible concept.   

Or I'd interpret it literally:  fun in the sun = matching bathing suits, a Mrs. towel, some sunscreen, flip flops and maybe a cute maxi dress.  

And then I could look at the hostesses like they had four heads if they honestly thought I would be giving cash. 
  • I've totally heard something similar but maybe it was for a house fund? Regardless it's totally tacky and I threw up in my mouth just a little.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am glad everyone agrees! My jaw literally hit the ground!
  • edited June 2015
    I'd give her a giant bottle of sunscreen, waaay over 2 ounces, and a cute pair of matching beach folding chairs. 

Oh, you can't get those on a plane easily? Whoopsies. 

• @randomslove; I love that I'm not the only HGTTG fan here!  I need a trip to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe and a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster after that shit.  Give ME money.
  • @randomslove; I love that I'm not the only HGTTG fan here!  I need a trip to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe and a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster after that shit.  Give ME money.
    Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters for everyone! This round is on me. We all need it right now.

• GRRRR.

The point of showers were to set new couples up with things they need to setup a home.   Plates, towels, pans, forks are indeed needs for a basic kitchen.

Now that the average couple is getting married later in life, they have moved out of their family homes long before they get married those are no longer "needed". They already have homes set up.

Instead of just getting rid of the tradition, people now insist that a HM is a need. They want their family and friends to pay for this "need".  It's disgusting.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards