Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wooden Letter Guest Book

I plan to have my guests sign a large wooden letter for our guest book. It would be the letter A. We will have around 140 guests. Does anyone know what size letter I would need to ensure that all guests will have a spot to sign? Thanks!

Answers

• Mjmccloud said:
    I plan to have my guests sign a large wooden letter for our guest book. It would be the letter A. We will have around 140 guests. Does anyone know what size letter I would need to ensure that all guests will have a spot to sign? Thanks!
    A big one? This will be hard to say. Some guests might want to leave some words, or a paragraph, rather than just sign their names. 
  • How long is a typical signature?  Then add some spaces and extra words.  

I'm thinking a pretty big one.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • i had a wooden guest book made out of a tree stump here is a photo to give you an idea well more like half a photo but we had 118 guest an it was big enough for everyones signature to fit  
    gb.jpg 109.4K
  • Thanks, I found a company that answered my question. Just in case someone else is interested they said a 24in will hold 120-150 signatures (depending how much they write). At weddingcuts.com you can order an size!

Thanks again for your help.
  • LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Really, that small? I'm surprised.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards