Not Engaged Yet

Wild Wednesday

13»

Re: Wild Wednesday

• cu97tiger said:
    @goldenpenguin the wedding we went to two weeks ago in Colorado was a Thursday.  Since majority of their guests were OOT it wasn't a big deal.  If no one was traveling then I'd question having a wedding on a weekday. 

@labro ewwww I would have screamed if a beetle like that was stuck on my pants too! 

Did you mean that the other way around? I wouldn't mind taking off a Wednesday to go to a wedding, but I would definitely mind taking off a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to attend a middle-of-the-week wedding. So I side-eye it if it's got OOT guests, not if it's in-town people.

Ditto, I'd also think have a middle of the week wedding would be more inconvenient with OOT guests as opposed to in-town people.

A lot of my friends from high school got married in the middle of the week. I live in a different state so I didn't end up going to any of their weddings because it was just to hard to get that much time off. They were all LDS weddings where I would only get to go to the reception anyway though so I would probably have only have gone if I was in town anyway, even if it were on a weekend.

• @cu97tiger Yes, I didn't complete my thought; ok now that I've had coffee this is what I really meant:  It wasn't a big deal because everyone made a vacation out of it so it didn't matter what day it was. I don't think day of the week matters for destination weddings.  I didn't like having to take a vacation just for someone's wedding, but since I already was making a full trip out of it, the day really didn't matter. 
  • eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @Swazzle and @GoldenPenguin Noooo Blue Apron fail :( Sorry the cheese didn't turn out like it was supposed to. I'm glad the rest of the dish was salvageable. I've also added a zester to our registry (thanks @TwoDimes and @CocoBellaF and whoever else recommended zesters lol).

@cu97tiger Yay for a second interview! You rock!

@LaBro OH HELL NO! I would have freaked out too about the beetle. UGH.

@TwoDimes Oh my god, I run and scream like a banshee when a wasp or bee is around. I've never been stung, and with my luck, I'd be highly allergic. Also, you have the sweetest FI ever. :) Re: Menus-- I really like what you posted! I think it would be really great to have menus printed for every place, and I like that you included the late-night snack without telling everyone what it is. You could go either way with keeping that little tidbit a surprise... the only suggest I have is that maybe instead of listing what the snack is, you could let guests know what time it will be served.

@speakeasy14 LOL at the unhealthy lunch options at a health fair. Wow.

Apologies if I missed anyone, but holy crap you guys are chatty today! Hard to keep up!

Wild Wednesday plans: I worked out this morning, am doing laundry now, will get my nails done at lunch, will workout again tonight (have to hit my 5x per week goal!), and will hopefully clean the apartment tonight. I haaaaaate coming home from a trip to a dirty apartment, so I need to get my butt in gear and clean before I leave Friday. For dinner, I'm going to slave over the stove all night and make Hamburger Helper like the gourmet chef I am. :-P 

No emotional outbursts yesterday or today. Figuring out that my issues were related to PMS/birth control helped get my head out of my ass. I've got an appointment on July 29 to see my GYN, and we'll figure out new birth control options then.

FI and I made the mistake of starting OITNB on Sunday. We should have started it last Friday so we could binge through the weekend... probably should have also waited until after our trip this weekend. Guess we'll be bringing the Chromecast or Fire Stick to the hotel with us lol. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Holy crap three pages already!

This may or may not be a post-and-run today. My roomie being away because of her brother caused her to forget to pay the cable bill again so I'm doing short stints at the library for school. The upside is that, aside from a midterm and a final and one big writing assignment, my one class only has discussion questions I can do throughout the week instead of big papers and stuff like that, so I am not stressing about it or anything. When she gets back, however, I am going to talk to her about money management. She has asked me several times to help her out because I am really good with money, but I just wasn't comfortable. But this is the third time I've been without internet in the past six months and as an online student that's kinda bad. So I'm gonna get a calendar and make some sheets for her to track her spending on. It's funny, I know some people are just bad with money but she's in her 50s and I feel like it should come easy to her at this point.

I SAW JURASSIC WORLD LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER. I was the only girl in the group of brothers/cousins when I was a kid and it just brought me back to being really into dinosaurs with them lol and also I kept having flashbacks to the scene in the first Jurassic Park where the raptors are hunting the kids in the kitchen. Most stressful scene ever created.

Tomorrow I am going to two high school graduations so I probably won't log in. One is in the morning for the school BF coaches fencing at, we are going to see the first group of seniors he's had since their freshman year. So exciting! The other one is or his best friend's younger brother. Thankfully they are at the same place lol. We are trying to spend as much time together as possible because BF is leaving for California on Saturday for his huge fencing tournament and he'll be gone for like ten days. I am really proud that he qualifies to go every year, and last year he did GREAT, but I always miss him and we never get to spend July 4th together because of it. Boo.

Anything wild happening on your Wednesday?
    Nope. I'm at the library for an hour, then lunch with BF, then work at 2. Bleh.

Plans for dinner tonight?
    Starbucks food because its free and that's all that really matters lol.

Emotional outbursts?
    Not yet but I'll keep you posted ;)
  • @untouchablets - you are a good roommate to help her with money management.
  • jenjen047 said:
    @untouchablets - you are a good roommate to help her with money management.
    Thanks! I really didn't feel comfortable at first because I didn't think it was my place, but she has asked for help and I don't plan on living with her forever, so I worry that she will struggle after I'm gone. I'll be living there for at least another two years so its better to help now than worry later.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    jenjen047 said:
    Thanks! I really didn't feel comfortable at first because I didn't think it was my place, but she has asked for help and I don't plan on living with her forever, so I worry that she will struggle after I'm gone. I'll be living there for at least another two years so its better to help now than worry later.
    I mean, she's in her 50s. If she hasn't figured it out, then I don't know how much you'll actually be able to help. It's super shitty of your roommate that she isn't responsible enough to consistently pay the cable bill. That sucks!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @AlPacina YAY on a positive appraisal!!

Ugh, I would have definitely flung my pants off if it had actually been on my leg. I don't know if it was an actual rhinoceros beetle....but I was definitely convinced it wanted to bite me with its pincers!!!

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    labro said:
    jenjen047 said:
    I mean, she's in her 50s. If she hasn't figured it out, then I don't know how much you'll actually be able to help. It's super shitty of your roommate that she isn't responsible enough to consistently pay the cable bill. That sucks!
    Yeah but I mean I can't really complain. I pay less than half of the rent and she doesn't ask me to pay any utilities. I have a room and a bathroom to myself, plus access to the whole house, laundry, etc. and she lets me have pets. I mean, it's a STEAL for Long Island. I once rented a single room for the amount I'm paying, and they made me pay for cable and I couldn't use any of the rest of the house or have BF sleep over. The owner of the house even told me she didn't wand BF to hang out past 10pm (I got a lawyer friend to squash that bug, though). I am SO thankful to be in a good situation after all the crazy roommates and landlords I've had over the last five years, that I will survive without cable for a couple of days. At least the lights are always on and I can live like an actual adult woman.

And honestly, I think she is just not used to making as much money is she does. She used to make a lot more before I moved in, but the company closed and she was without a job. Now she has a good job but she makes less money, which is why she needed a roommate in the first place. I am good at living within my means so I hope I can at least help in that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards