Connecticut

Catering - In search of something different!

Anyone have any recommendations for a caterer that is very flexible in what they prepare? I am looking for a "gourmet" taco bar - thinking fresh ingredients, guacamole, lots of salsas etc. I have reached out to a ton of great Mexican establishments - and while they have good food, I have not had any of them really be even remotely satisfactory with their customer service. I wouldn't trust them with a wedding to save my life. I also feel like most standard wedding caterers would not be open to my request - but maybe I am wrong?

My wedding is in the Danbury area, so I'm wondering if I should x-post this in the New York forum also.

Thanks! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is why we can't have nice things.

Re: Catering - In search of something different!

• That's a really cool idea.  I don't have a specific recommendation but if you do your research on caterers I bet you will find someone that would be willing and able to work with you on this.  I do think its safer to go with a wedding caterer that is comfortable with providing you the service rather than a restaurant who might make great food but won't be the service you are looking for. 

Also, yes, it makes sense to cross post in New York since a NY caterer will travel to Danbury.  What venue are you using?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cj3561cj3561 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks @laurad75 ! I think it's pretty cool too - who doesn't like tacos?! And .. margaritas. Enough said! ;) There has to be some caterer out there who will take this idea and run with it.

I am trying to figure out what section of the Knot NY the Danbury area would be considered .. I googled it, but can't really find the answer, haha. I have the worst sense of direction so this is clearly very difficult for me. I need coffee.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• cj3561cj3561 member
    Oh and we are getting married at the Garden House at Keeler Tavern :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Would you consider a taco truck?  The Agave taco truck is amazing.
  • We used Fitzgerald's Fine Catering out of Bridgeport - very fairly priced, and YOU create your menu - none of this "pick one from this column, two from here" etc. We just got married 2 weeks ago, and people can't stop raving about our food. We requested corndogs, mini lobster rolls, mac and cheese with pulled pork, fried dough bites, and soft pretzels as appetizers and oh man did they deliver. We did a s'mores bar for dessert. You seriously just say "Hi nick, For our wedding we'd like to do *insert menu here* and he makes it happen.
  • I have also heard good things about Fitzgeralds and from what I understand they are on the more affordable end.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cj3561cj3561 member
    Thank you ladies very much for the tip off to Fitzgeralds - I contacted them and they seem fabulous. Read nothing but five star reviews.
    @llikotdesserd .. umm your wedding menu sounds like it was SO awesome. How creative of you! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have an appointment on Sunday at Keeler.  When is your wedding?  I'm so excited to take a look at this place! 

• June 24th of next year! So very excited. How did you like it? Did you meet with Mary Ann? She is the SWEETEST lady I have ever met.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We booked for June 25 of this year!  Mary Ann was amazing!  I can not wait to see how this is going to look when the roses are in bloom.  I am SO excited! 
  • We booked for June 25 of this year!  Mary Ann was amazing!  I can not wait to see how this is going to look when the roses are in bloom.  I am SO excited! 
    I'll be sure to leave it in good shape for you .. my wedding is the day before! :D Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards