Moms and Maids
Options

closed

2»

Re: closed

• Options
    Ummm, my FI and I are paying for our wedding, with a $5,000 budget and I won't see my MOH until the day of my wedding maybe the week. I'm not sure of her travel plans yet. I told her the wedding date and she'll be there for it. OP wasn't trolled. She wasn't agreed with. If she had been trolled, the Mods would have taken care of it. She is acting like a petulent child and filling everyone's Bingo card. Girls, suck it up. Your Bridal Party isn't free labour. If you can't do it yourself, figure out who can do it cheaply for you.

Agreed. We are trying to maintain $5000 including the ring and honeymoon and succeeding so far and I haven't asked one BM to do anything outside of order their dress by the end of August. I figure if I want to save money, it'll be my energy and time spent, not others'...unless they offer, in which case it's on their terms and their offer doesn't mean I should expect anything. My MOH and half my BM won't be in town until 2 days before the wedding. That said, some people envision the hallmark "lets get together and make wedding favors/bouquets" and maybe it's just my personality but if I was a BM, I would be offering to help the bride in any way I could. I think that just comes down to regional social norms and personalities.

Just curious, I have seen "filling bingo cards" a few times, what does that mean? 
  • Options
    bride2b71614bride2b71614 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @DplusKDec192015:

"Filling bingo cards"- When a SS (speshul snowflake) starts a thread, then DD (dirty deletes) their post, they may say a few things before doing so. A few examples below:

* I feel sorry for your significant others
    * you are all bullies
    * I'm never coming back to post again/
    GBCKs (good bye cruel knots).

When those things are said in a thread, you can say your bingo card is getting filled. Personally I think it could be fun if we made this a real thing with established phrases etc. (but I'm unsure if it would be against TOS).

ETA: clarification and words are hard.
  • Options
    Special Snowflakes have standard shit they say and do here on TK. They are predictable like that. Awhile back, we compiled all of them and created Bingo cards with the information so we could make a game of their nonsense.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    So, this begs the question, what constitutes a SS?
  • Options
    SS are brides who think the wedding is an excuse to be poor hosts, treat friends and family inappropriately, think the world revolves around their "special day," stomp their feet when people don't validate their bad ideas here, etc.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

So, this begs the question, what constitutes a SS?

See OP
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    SS are brides who think the wedding is an excuse to be poor hosts, treat friends and family inappropriately, think the world revolves around their "special day," stomp their feet when people don't validate their bad ideas here, etc.
    I could definitely see the annoyance. I thought it might be more along the lines of being marshallows who don't take criticism well. I am glad I asked!
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    I could definitely see the annoyance. I thought it might be more along the lines of being marshallows who don't take criticism well. I am glad I asked!
    Well yes, it's that too.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    CMGragain said:
    Just one off the wall comment, OP.  You do realize that origami cranes are Japanese, not Chinese?  Big difference!
    And this wins the internet today.  Heh.
  • Options

DD.  And an accusation against us "trolling" her.

Sigh.

• Options
    Jen4948 said:

Sigh.

Well, she Closed the thread and we didn't let up.  We're obviously trolls if we can't take the simplest of direction.
  • Options
    adk19 said:
    Jen4948 said:

Sigh.

Well, she Closed the thread and we didn't let up.  We're obviously trolls if we can't take the simplest of direction.
    So it would seem.  We're so meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean!
  • Options
    Yes, many couples do....this I understand because we are planning and paying for ours ourselves. 

I don't know her but her sister just sounds like a brat.

I know you don't know me, so I can't blame you for not understanding my comment about "some" pregnant women but I am 100% for motherhood and I too want to be a mom, hopefully of a large family. I have just observed women who deal with their pregnancies like a champ and even if they are hulled up in bed or with a hole through their heart on hospital watch, their attitudes are sane and rational. I have also witnessed the occasional woman who uses her pregnancy as early as she is aware of it as an excuse to not do anything for the next so many months and makes life a living hell for everyone around despite their relatively normal pregnancy with absolutely no health issues.

People like to attack on this site and I don't think it's necessary. 

I'm sure someone has already covered this on page 2, but does it occur to your that the differences you've observed may be because pregnancy is different for everyone? I mean, no two women experience pregnancy the same way. I had NO morning sickness; my poor friend throws up every morning and night. I was exhausted, like chronic fatigue syndrome exhausted, my friend has so much energy it's unbelivable. It's just like having your period. Some women don't get cramps and others get them so bad they can't leave bed. If you're the woman who doesn't get cramps, it's pretty unfair to say the ones that do are just being drama queens. Actually, in this example, seeing as you've never been pregnant, it's more like a dude telling a woman with cramps that she's being a drama queen because his sister doesn't ge cramps.

• Options
    CMGragain said:
    Just one off the wall comment, OP.  You do realize that origami cranes are Japanese, not Chinese?  Big difference!

The "1000 paper cranes" custom for weddings comes from the Japanese, but cranes themselves are significant in several Asian cultures. Additionally, origami originated in China and was adopted by the Japanese, so I doubt her Chinese in-laws would be offended by seeing paper cranes at theri wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards