Connecticut

Recently Engaged!! Looking for a venue for a party....

Hi Everyone!

We are recently engaged and we are getting married in Florida this December. We want to do a big party back in CT. The ideal party would include an outdoor, but covered, location in a park or beach with a bbq, food trucks and a lot of dancing.

We have emails into Lighthouse Point, Rocky Neck State Park and Candlelight Farms Inn.

We have about 200 people invited and we are a little late to go the game. We are looking to have a party between Spring and Fall next year.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Recently Engaged!! Looking for a venue for a party....

• Look into state parks. You can usually rent those.  Or, you can do something like Bushnell Park.
  • I went to a friend's outdoor party similar to what you have in mind. They had a DJ,hookahs, catered food & even scheduled a fire dance performance. The location was in Waterbury called la Bella vista. I don't have the venue's information but I do have the entertainment company's information the DJ had us moving! In case you are interested.
  • KnotConciergeKnotConcierge Venue Concierge
    First Comment
    Hi ladies,

You should check out Venue Concierge by The Knot, its a brand new service that connects brides to their wedding venue... and it's free!

Jennifer is our Connecticut venue expert, she'd be happy to chat with you. Feel free to email her directly at jennh@theknot.com or head over to theknot.com/concierge for more info.

Good luck!

XO,
    Molly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards