Not Engaged Yet

Thursday/Early Weekend?

Good morning! I survived my dentist appointment yesterday! I misunderstood and it wasn't the root canal (because apparently you can't get a root canal when there's an infection, duh). So he drilled the back of my tooth to deal with the infection and then I go back 2 days before my birthday for the root canal. The worst part was the original injections to get everything all numb and I was in a lot of pain for a few hours afterwards but by last night, the paid had subsided and I woke up today feeling completely normal for the first time in weeks! 

Tonight, I'm cooking a BA meal and then H and I are hopefully going to see our town's fireworks. 

Tomorrow, H was supposed to work but he just texted me: "I have bad news" and I said "You always have bad news, spill it." And he said "NO WORK TOMORROW!" Such a jokester. I can't tell you the last time we had three days off together. Or even TWO days off together. So this is a real treat and I'm so excited :) 

Saturday, I'm going to @GoldenPenguin's! I'm excited to see my franz and watch the fireworks and see the pups play together! 

Sunday, H and I will head home early to get some stuff done around the house, then watch the soccer game at 4 and Big Brother at 8. 

Yay for long weekends! 

Re: Thursday/Early Weekend?

• @Swazzle - Yay for the long (and hopefully relaxing) weekend - glad your H got off too!!

Both H and I have Friday off <yay!>.  I talked to my boss about leaving early (I'm already at 40 hours this week - including holiday pay, but I don't get OT money because holiday pay is entered different than normal pay so that part sucks).  I'm hoping to leave here around 1 or 2.  Depending on when H gets home, I may or may not cut the grass.  He wants to stop over his parents.

All weekend I am giving myself a 7:30pm curfew so I can be home with the dogs.  Loki HATES fireworks.  I thought about trying to find/make a sign that said something like 'Remember Our Combat Vets - Be Courteous With Fireworks' - I know it wouldn't help, but maybe it would get people thinking??

I'm hoping to see Inside Out and/or Jurassic World (finally).  I know the ILs are doing work on their cottage, so we might drive out there to help out.

So basically - nothing is planned in stone and I couldn't be more excited (except about my neighborhood turning into a warzone at night time).

Anniversary
  • I'm glad you aren't in a ton of pain today, @Swazzle!!

I'm still sick here, boo!! 

Jealous of you WFH today, @southernpeach89.  That's not an option with my new job, but that's okay...  all the other nice things about it make it worth it.  Still, hardly anyone is here today and it would be nice to be at home!

I can't wait for the weekend.  I've only worked 2 days this week (including today) but I am worn out from this cold!

I made ST Pulled Pork this week, but the BBQ I got wasn't very yummy.  We still have a ton left, and no groceries until I go on Friday, so we have to come up with something to do with the meat tonight.  Last night we heated it up on the skillet with some hot sauce and did street-style tacos.  Help!
  • @swazzle that's so fun that your husband got the extra day off! Mine works every Saturday so he's working tomorrow but it's a treat for us to have Sat & Sunday together this weekend.

H shot up in bed at 3am because he thought he heard something and apparently in his dream someone called his name for help. We are living in a duplex with his parents in the other unit so he was all freaked out that it could have been them. So then I couldn't fall back asleep for an hour. When we woke up at 6, I said thank you for taking your alarm off the 5am workout time since I didn't sleep well. He says oh yea....I forgot to set that in the first place so you're welcome. hahah

Tomorrow my friend and I are taking her 1 year old to the ocean for the first time. I'm so excited to spend the day with them!  

• @southernpeach89 - I'm jealous of your PJs! I can't wait to see what you pick out for Baby Peach's room! My mom is in Atlanta right now, I forgot to mention that! 

@Dignity100 - I'm confused. Is the sign for veterans in your neighborhood or for your dog? I hope you like JW!

@CocoBellaF - At the arena where the Devils play, they have pulled pork mac and cheese so I vote for that! It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. 

• @jenna8984 - My H works Saturdays too unless we're going away for the weekend and he knows about it ahead of time. It sucks and I hate it! H just requested a beach day so I think we'll end up doing that tomorrow too :) 

• @Swazzle Oh really? That's cool, what is she here for? Work stuff?
  • @southernpeach89 - For a convention. She's soooo excited. She doesn't go away a lot hahaha

• Good morning everyone!

@swazzle I'm glad you're feeling better, tooth infections SUCK so I feel your pain. I had one so bad I couldn't lay my head down to sleep. I had to sleep sitting up for a few nights.

@southernpeach89 I'm jealous of your WFH day!!! I need to find a job that'll let me do that.

@dignity100 I'm sorry your dogs have problems with the fireworks!

Today I'm working, then coming home to a delicious dinner H is making. It was too hot to cook last night so we went to Outback, big mistake, my stomach was killing me from the Bloomin' Onion.

Let's see, what else, BB tonight, tomorrow I'm making dessert for my parent's house and packing for the weekend. Hopefully H gets out early tomorrow so we can head up to NY tomorrow instead of early Saturday morning.

Depending on how tomorrow goes, Saturday we're waking up at 4am and heading up to my parent's house. They're doing a big clambake so it's going to be a lot of seafood. If my mom is in a good mood, she'll watch Quigley so H and I can go to @goldenpenguin's house for some fun.

Sunday we head back home and have to do grocery shopping which I HATE.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - OMG I want a bloomin onion RIGHT NOW. That sounds amazing. I could drink the sauce that it comes with. 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Swazzle I wish we could see your mom! She sounds like such a cool person! Also yay for H being off and a potential beach day!!

@Dignity100 Maybe you should consider some mild anti-anxiety meds for your dog, or a thundershirt? You should talk to your vet about your options. I don't think you should use the combat veterans sign...

@buddysmom80 Clam bake!!! Can I come please????

I'm so glad this week is nearly over! I'm taking a half day starting at 1 after my last meeting today. I'm planning to go shopping for my mom's birthday gift and run a couple other errands that I've avoided this week because I've been working so much.

Tomorrow H is off so I plan to probably chill all day and do some yard work and shop for paint colors with @southernpeach89. We were planning to go today but I have a ridiculous number of meetings this morning and I can't fit in a shopping trip. :(

Saturday is the Peachtree Road Race, bbq, and then a Braves game with my family! It's supposed to rain....so hopefully the weather mostly holds out (although I don't mind the race being in the rain....just the baseball game).

Sunday we're celebrating my mom's birthday!

• @labro you sure can! If you leave now you'll be in my neck of the woods by tomorrow afternoon hopefully!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Swazzle Aw that's awesome! I hope she enjoys herself!
  • @cocobellaf Good luck to him!!

@caseface5 omg those dresses are CUTE! How big is your yard? Looks really big, like half acre?

@swazzle I actually kind of like that my H works on Saturdays. I really enjoy "me" time so I get to sleep in, watch Sex & the City marathons on tv, go to lunch with a girlfriend, go to the movies by myself and see a movie that he would never see. He gets out a 3pm so it works out if we have a wedding or something to attend.

• @Swazzle - Yeah for days off together!

@cocobellaf - Umm, how about pulled pork nachos?  or enchiladas? or huevos rancheros?  Can you tell I am craving Mexican?  :)  Good luck to your H!

@caseface5 - Cute dresses!!!

@Dignity100 - I'm not sure how Raj is going to do with the fireworks either...he hasn't really had to deal with them when we lived in Chicago because we weren't near where they went off...now we are right near the lake so, yeah.  Good luck with Loki...poor Loki.  :(

@southernpeach89 - AW the nursery if you paint it and/or pick the colors!!!

@jenna8984 - I could NOT workout at 5 am so kudos for you for even trying to get up that early most of the time.

@buddysmom80 - Have fun at the clambake but 4 am!!!  Yikes.  

@labro - Ugh for meetings...I'm in the same boat today.  :(

-------------------------------------------

Well yesterday was probably the most intense spin class I've ever taken.  Seriously, guys, I was sweating buckets.  Felt great afterwards but was so tired that I accidentally glutened myself.  I was so MAD at myself.  So I ended up feeling pretty crappy in the afternoon due to my Celiac (foggy, headaches, stomach aches...the works).  I haven't glutened myself in a long time...ugh.  I woke up today still groggy and my abs hurt from the spin class which is unusual?

Today I'm at work because meetings, meetings, meetings.  I wish I had worked from home but I'll be more productive this way.  I'm hoping to leave a little early since I've been in to work like 1 1/2 to 2 hours before most people get here for most of the week.  We will see.

H and I decided to stay near home for the 4th because we aren't sure how Raj will do with the fireworks (never had to deal with them in our old place).  Think we are going to cookout and make it our goal to workout every day this weekend.  Wish us luck sticking to it!  
  • Guyssss ..... I am dragging my butt today!

Since I'm Canadian {who else on here is?}, yesterday was a late night. BBQ at a friend's place then original plan was to go to watch fireworks near another friend's place BUT there were none!! We did not want to fight crowds and go downtown {ew. too many people .... *side eye*} so we bought fireworks ourselves and went to an open field.

Matt got drunk, so he's having a rougher {more rough?} morning AND he's helping his buddy move this evening!! Brutal.

For the record, I couldn't take the rest of the week off because there is only 3 of us in our office and 1 person is away this week - knocking it down to 2 of us. Oh well ... I'm going home and crashing tonight.

OH! And I almost sliced my finger this morning! Matt and I both forgot our bus passes and I was getting change NOT KNOWING THE JAR BROKE! My finger narrowly avoided getting sliced. I did get a bit of a cut, but not bad. I have zero idea how it broke ....
  • @swazzle Glad your tooth is feeling better!

@cocobellaF Good luck to H on his interview

It's my Friday yay!!!!! I woke up feeling off today a bad stomach ache, dizzy. I hope it goes away. Tonight we're supposed to go to a BBQ and then watch their town's fireworks.  I never have fun when we go, the husband is really nice and I've known him for awhile, but his wife and her friends are really annoying. I was hoping for rain. Tomorrow we have a few errands to run, including taking one of our cats to the vet.  We may go to another BBQ on Friday afternoon too.   H also wants to get to the outlets for some shoes, they also have a maternity outlet store.  The pants I'm wearing today are pretty tight:-(

We have no plans Saturday and Sunday which means I get to study quite a bit which is good and hopefully it will be nice enought for H to get some yard work done. 

Anniversary

• @minskat30 I cannot accept your kudos. We've only done the 5am workout one time! We used to do it a year ago for wedding prep but since we've been married for 10 months, Tuesday was the first and only day we've done it bahahah. Hoping to get back into the swing next week!

@cu97tiger Are you going to AW your haircut? Or is it just a trim?

@mskittydanger Aah yes, Canada where you just buy your own fireworks like no big deal LOL. That is definitely illegal in my state.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @jenjen047 You keep mentioning Gaelic football. What IS Gaelic football? I'm way too lazy to google. :)

@minskat30 I vote we ban all meetings. I feel like I waste sooooo much time in them!

@TwoDimes I really want to make pulled pork now so I can make all of those things!

• @labro - Gaelic is a mix between soccer and rugby. they play with a soccer ball but you can carry it with your hands (just have to dribble with your feet every few steps) and throw it....theres lots of tackling....and goals can either be kicked into a soccer net (3 points) or kicked into a football field goal (1 point).
  • @Jenna8984 The whole property is a half acre, but it's mostly backyard. It's really deceiving from the front. This was the day we bought it, from the end of the driveway. Tessie LOVES her fenced in backyard!!

@jenjen047 CLICK ME  Also Congrats on the pound and a half! I weighed in this morning, and was suprising only up .3 pounds, but I knew I would be up since I have my period so I'm hoping that I am really a little down. It's hard tracking at this time of month HAHA.

@TwoDimes The concert sounds fun!

friends tv show funy
  • @jenna8984 - I'll def AW it at some point. I'm going to get about 4" taken off, so it will look dramatically different :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @caseface5 Love your house! The wood siding reminds me so much of my grandparents' house in Sandwich.

@jenjen047 fuck yes on your weight loss- good job!!

Aaaaaand I'm doing exactly 0% work at work today :)

• @Dignity100 - I hope your doggie manages to do alright this weekend! My pup runs around the yard like a crazy person barking at all the sounds. I'm sending him to the country for the actual 4th, but people will be shooting them off for the two nights before, and the night after, I'm sure. It's going to be annoying!

@caseface5 - Those dresses are absolutely adorable!

@MsKittyDanger - I'm so glad you didn't end up slicing yourself! That would have sucked!

@jenjen047 - I suggest food poisoning to meet your weight loss goal. I lost two pounds over the last two days with minimal effort on my part. ;)

------------------------------

So, I'm finally feeling back to normal today! Well, mostly. I didn't make it through the full distance of my run this morning, but I also blame the heat for that.

I get off two hours early today, and I'm going to run home and toddler-proof everything! I'm so excited our friends are in town, and that I get to hang out with one of the funniest little kids I know! I went to the grocery store last night and managed to spend over 200 bucks, but I'll be feeding 4.5 people the whole weekend, and more on Saturday, so at least I feel well prepared! I just need to get booze now. And fireworks. And firewood.

The menu for the 4th is: Pulled pork sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls, Velveeta cucumber ranch pasta salad, Mexican corn bread, Kale/veggie salad, Chips and multi-layer dip, and Dutch apple pie! I'm so excited to EAT!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards