DIY Wedding Forum

Sweetheart table centerpiece?

My groom and I will have a table to ourselves at our wedding. I'd like our centerpiece to be different than all the other centerpieces (and slightly bigger) while still tying in to the rest of the centerpieces in overall theme.

My guest tables' centerpieces will be raised on one or two-inch thick wood slabs. They will have three mason jars...one large, one medium, and one small. The largest one will hold flowers, while the other two will hold a candle or a table number, and all the mason jars will be wrapped in burlap, lace, and twine. Moss or twigs will tie the whole thing together.

How do I make our sweetheart table's centerpiece similar, but different? What other aspects can I add to it to make it more unique?

Re: Sweetheart table centerpiece?

• We just used my bouquet and had our last name spelled out in wooden letters that I painted and rhinestoned.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We had the same setup as every other table but, like Addie, we used my bouquet instead of the other flowers. Very easy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We used my bouquet also. The venue recommended laying it down on the table instead of putting it in a vase so that when you are photographed at the table the flowers don't block your faces. I think getting a larger centerpiece would be a bad idea for a few reasons:
    1. The table is smaller, it will look disproportionate.
    2. You will be sitting at the table, and you'll want to see the guests.
    3. If it is too big it will block your faces, or be cropped out of pictures of your faces, or require the photo to be so zoomed out that your faces are small.

More face, less flower.
  • We also used my bouquet.  Actually  we used the BM's ones too.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Your bouquet and/or if you're doing a Unity Candle or sand ceremony container...  Really, you don't want things cluttering up people's view of the two of you.  You could do a swag type flowers on the front of the table, but really, not worth the added expense...
  • It's interesting that so many of you just used your bouquets! I'd never heard of the idea before. That'll be perfect for me, too. It was too expensive to fill the centerpieces full of flowers, so I planned to fill them with baby's breath and then one or two flowers that tie into the bridal party's full flower bouquets. So, if I use my bouquet as our centerpiece, it ties in with the rest of the centerpieces, while still being different. Thank you for the advice! :)
  • I didn't use my bouquet - it was in vase on a separate table. Our sweetheart table was long so we had two large centerpieces at the end. Our guest tables had smaller round centerpieces with flowers and books. 

This is what our table looked like. 

• A small garland to go in front of the table would be a good idea. You could use the same flowers as the rest of the centerpieces but it would make a nice statement. Sometime like 12-24 inches would be good depending on the size of your table. I work for bloomsbythebox.com if your interested in doing it yourself I'm more than happy to answer and questions you might have! Feel free to email me at derian@bloomsbythebox.com! I attached a photo of one we just made. We are working on a whole tutorial for it but this was the (unedited) final product. Surprisingly easy!

• The easiest thing you can do, is have a vase with water and use your wedding bouquet as your centerpiece. Great way to multi purpose your bouquet, keep if fresh in water, and save some money too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards