Wedding Etiquette Forum

tracking down shower RSVP's

My Mom is hosting a shower for me and the RSVP date has passed.  She is missing a handful of RSVP's from some of my friend's.  A couple of them are girls that my MOH is also very good friends with, so I've asked her if she could check in with them.  Is it against etiquette if I ask my other group of friends whether or not they can attend? Thank you!

Re: tracking down shower RSVP's

• Yes, you are not the host so you should have nothing to do with RSVPs. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

I personally see nothing wrong with the MOH tracking them down since she knows them. I know for me it would be easier for a friend to text another friend to ask if she is coming than for my mom to do it since she doesn't text and many friends are like me and don't answer the phone if we don't recognize the call.

Etiquette would say the host does it but I don't see an issue with it.

• Give your mom the contact info and have her reach out to them. You should not be involved in the rsvps. If you call, it can put pressure on the guest to attend bc it would be embarrassing to tell you they can't come.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Agreed, you should not be tracking down RSVPs. Give their contact info either to your mom or even your MOH, if she is willing to do the task.
  • If your mom is hosting the shower, she needs to be the one to contact these guests who haven't RSVPd.  I'd give her their contact information.
  • Thank you, everyone! I gave my Mom everyone's contact info so she could get RSVP's.  My shower was yesterday and it was wonderful! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards