Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Re: Tuesday

• @buddysmom80 Happy early birthday! I'm sorry your H has been in and out of the hospital a lot lately. Hopefully you two can get some time tomorrow to do some celebrating for your birthday...even if it's just a quiet dinner in with drinks and dessert!
  • @caseface5 Omg that Steve Carrell story! I feel like they get bombarded all the time by people who recognize them and if they were just out and about like that it must be kinda stressful.
  • How do you feel about the white seeds in watermelon?
    Like PPs I am just too lazy to pick them out so I eat them

What are you wearing today?
    Old Navy sundress that I sleep in since I'm working from home today

Any good book recs?
    I started Paper Towns by John Green and I need to finish it before the movie comes out in a few weeks

can't seem to get the bold to turn off lol
    Working from home today because we have the home inspection at 1pm! Aaaaah so excited. We had to pull out of the last house due to sketchy inspection issues found so I'm nervous and just hoping this one goes fine! Since I've already been online picking out furniture for the house haha.

@swazzle cute outfit! @cocobellaf Cute curly hair! At least yours curls, mine does this stupid partial wave/ frizz crap @twodimes Hope the quote goes well and you can get it rolling soon!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @buddysmom80 Happy early birthday and vibes for your H and his health! I hope things level out for the both of you soon. :( H wasn't doing well lately with mowing the lawn either so I finally took over the job and now we kind of split it. I've found I actually enjoy it sometimes, I can be basically as alone as you can be outside and the feeling of accomplishment afterwards is great!

• @buddysmom80 I'm sorry you don't feel up to celebrating your birthday.  I hope the new age brings some good things for you!

Anniversary

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @buddysmom80 Happy early birthday! And big hugs

@cocobellaf I don't think your hair is crazy poofy.  If it gets too out of control, maybe pull it back?

@swazzle, @casface5 cute dresses!!!

• Hugs and a happy early birthday to @buddysmom80!!
  • @caseface5, @Peaseblossom55, @labro, @jenna8984, @speakeasy14 - Thank you!!!!!

@500days - OMG THREE DAYS UNTIL YOUR WEDDING DAY!!!!! I loved Unbroken. Way better than the movie, IMO. 

@buddysmom80 - You can. There are a total of 6 dishes available for each week: 1 red meat, 1 chicken, 1 fish, 3 vegetarians. Not all combos are available for some reason but you can always swap at least 1 meat/fish dish out for a vegetarian dish. I'm sad that you're not looking forward to celebrating your birthday and I hope that changes by Friday! 

@speakeasy14 - OH NO! I forgot no PLL tonight! 

• @swazzle you know I'll be excited Friday!!!!! I think we're going to try Blue Apron next week. I hate grocery shopping and I'm willing to spend the extra $$ to not have to go there.

Everyone else: thanks so much, I'm always a Debbie Downer before my birthday, but I'm sure on Thursday I'll be back to my crazy self, especially since this weekend I'll be busy. I just hate my birthday!!!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • this is going to be a P&R because im back at work and somehow have 200 new emails (i was out for 1 day, wtf??!). i just wanted to say @500days HAPPY WEDDING WEEK!!!!

• @Swazzle UGH so sorry you got stuck working late! :( I hope today you can get home and relax! Also, you are gorgeous!
    @peaseblossom55 Glad the glucose test wasn't so bad! 
    @minskat30 LOL we told one of FI's baby cousins that about the watermelon seeds over the weekend. :-P
    @southernpeach89 Awww I can't wait to see pics of the finished nursery! You guys are making a ton of progress!
    @CocoBellaF Oh no! Termites! I hope you guys get that figured out ASAP!
    @caseface5 Therapy can take a few sessions to adjust to, but I'm glad you're going! 
    @cu97tiger I've been contemplating a similar sugar ban... no me gusta! 
    @TwoDimes Holy moly that is a long webinar! 
    @500days THREE DAYS! It sounds like you've got everything under control!
    @buddysmom80 Happy Early Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow and get to celebrate.
    @jenna8984 I hope the inspection goes well today!
    ----------------------
    How do you feel about the white seeds in watermelon? I eat all the seeds lol
    What are you wearing today? Pajamas!
    Any good book recs? Girl on the Train is good, though I know you've read that already, @Swazzle. I'm currently reading the first book in the Wayward Pines trilogy, and it's pretty good so far.

Today I am working from home because some wine is being delivered, so I have to be here to sign for it. I've got a couple of conference calls this morning, and then this afternoon will be spent billing a bunch of stuff now that we're able to bill for the new fiscal year.

At some point today I need to work out, but that's really all that's on the agenda. We'll probably do a lazy dinner tonight and finish watching season 2 of Orange is the New Black, and I'll restart my knitting project. 

FI is a little panicky right now because his suit options are drying up. He was hoping to avoid Men's Wearhouse, and he was also hoping the guys would buy the suits... he wanted them to spend around $200, which is what the BMs spent on their dresses. The suit we liked at JC Penney is being clearanced out, and they're already out of a lot of sizes. The cheapest suits at most other stores start at $400. There was an online vendor he was interested in, but they need at least 4 months to make the suit. He's trying to figure out if buying a decent suit is still an option, and, if not, if he wants to just rent tuxes instead. We spent a good chunk of yesterday looking at different reddit posts and blog posts about all the various suit companies out there.

We are wild and crazy, I tell ya!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swazzle that sounds delish! Do you know if Blue Apron deals with Canada?

So last night Matt picked me up - he had to drive since he thought he lost his bus pass but I found it in the couch {which I suggested he look because his pockets tend to donate to the couch anyways ...}
    Went home, grabbed receipts and empty bottles. Dropped those off, got Matt's pants for wedding - got into a giggle fit because I kept grabbing his bum in the store.

Too hot to cook, went to restaurant/micro-brewery. Had mac & cheese grilled cheese. Game. Changing. Sandwich.
    Got to taste test a raspberry beer. I'm not a beer person at all {bud light lime, corona or anything light and kinda fruity beers are fine} I was surprised I liked it! Matt got a pint of it and I got a strawberry daiquiri.

Ended up having to walk around since we were so full, and Matt had a beer.

I am on the hunt for the collage style frames for our wall. I'm gonna do 2 of those and 1 or 2 shadow boxes in the middle of the cards we got from wedding. It's a pretty fair space so it'll work.

Confirmed final guests, so we're going to Matt's parents place after dinner to talk to them. They are lovingly paying for the reception and have offered to upgrade the meal, but I wanna sit and chat with them first.

Urg it's so humid here today, I'm looking forward to the storm tonight
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @eilis1228 You can rent suits too! Not just tuxes. We (and @southernpeach89 did too) rented tuxes through Savvy Formalwear. They were easy to work with and everyone got a tux that fit perfectly!

• 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    Thank you, ladies!!! I'm excited but I just want it to be here!! I feel like all of the emotions will definitely hit me Thursday night. 

@eilis1228  I feel calm but I also feel so excited. Actually, my palms are a bit clammy and I'm worried that the manicurist won't do my nails tomorrow if they happen to get clammy...
  • @eilis1228 the wedding my bf was just in they got each piece of the suit from different places (they didn't get jackets).  We ended up going to the outlets and getting majority of his suit there (minus the tie).  I think it may be easier than getting the whole thing from one store.  The pants and vest were from Jcrew, the button down was Calvin Klein, and the tie was from The Tie Bar.  The groom sent all of the groomsmen an email with a link to each item and stated the color he wanted.  He gave them several options for a belt and tie, but told them they could get whatever they wanted as long as it was brown. 
  • @cu97tiger I love that sweater with the dress!!

I hope I get cute things in my StitchFix!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @buddysmom80 - If you wait like a week someone will have a free trial to share with you! I used all of mine last week so I don't have any right now :(

@eilis1228 - I didn't even know Wayward Pines was a book! Have you watched any of the show?

@MsKittyDanger - Not sure if they deliver to Canada. You'd have to check their site. 

@cu97tiger - I LOOOOOOVE that dress. I already stalked out my StitchFix that'll be delivered this week and I think I have a good one coming :)

• @swazzle I can wait so if you want to send that trial my way, I won't say no.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @labro Yes, he knows renting suits is an option too. He's on the fence about it though. I think the cost of renting a suit isn't much less than buying one? I'm not sure. I let him do all the research on the suits, and for whatever reason he isn't as keen on renting the suits.

@speakeasy14 I'll pass that along to FI as an option! Thank you! 

@500days Awww, don't worry about being too clammy! Everything will be perfect!

@cu97tiger WHY ARE YOU SO PRETTY?!

• @cu97tiger That dress looks so good on you! I love it with that sweater!
  • So I just got a call, that I failed the one hour test and now I have to go back on Friday morning to do the three hour test.  :-(

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - I'm not sure what that means but I'm assuming having to do another, longer test is no good. I'm sorry :(

• @Swazzle I haven't seen the show, but I heard it was good! The trilogy apparently won a bunch of awards, and the audio version was available on Kindle Unlimited, so I've been listening to it while I work out. I'm almost halfway through it, and I really like it so far. It's really creepy.

• @swazzle, yup I have to redo this test, but this time drinking the stuff repeatedly for 3 hours.

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 ugh that sucks about the 3 hour test, I'm sorry :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @peaseblossom55 ugg, that does not sound like fun.  Hopefully it isn't that bad. 
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @cu97tiger - You are so pretty lady!!

@peaseblossom55 - Hugs.  As I'm sure you know most women who test positive in the first go round test don't have issues.  Still sucks though to be worried about it...plus that liquid is vile according to everyone I know who has had to down it.  Fingers crossed everything is fine with the three hour test.
  • @peaseblossom55 UGH! I'm so sorry you have to do that test again. That totally sucks.
  • How do you feel about the white seeds in watermelon? I barely notice them.

What are you wearing today? This is about what I look like 3-4 days a week. Button up shirt and jeans. Except today I'm wearing my special comfy Buckle jeans!

Any good book recs? I just finished reading Damned by Chuck Palahniuk. I thought it was hilarious and awesome. I'm slowly working my way through Going Clear, the non-fiction book about scientology, which is also super interesting. I need a new memoir to read, but my stack of fiction books to read is enormous right now. 

Other Random Stuff - I needed a new purse, BADLY. So I found a new purse and wallet at Ross yesterday! I love them! Plus, putting stuff in a wallet will hopefully make my purse way less chaotic.

@untouchablets - My dad was an extra in the movie "Always" and has a picture with Stephen Spielberg and another one with John Goodman that he's always kept on his work desk. My sweet adorable dad is so sure that if he saw Stephen Spielberg again the guy would remember him.... I'm thinking proably not.

@peaseblossom55 - I think I heard somewhere that it's pretty common to fail the 1 hour but pass the 3 hour? You should be fine. Good luck!

@cu97tiger - You look adorable! Monica and Chandler's engagement always makes me sob.

@jenna8984 -I hope your home inspection goes smoothly! Are you going to be there during? That was my favorite part. Getting to go back into the house I hadn't entered since we first toured it and made our offer!

@MsKittyDanger - I had a jalapeno popper grilled cheese sandwich once. I've also had a mac n cheese one! So delicious!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards