Chit Chat

Summer Blockbusters?

Basically I just think everyone should watch this Magic Mike XXL parody trailer, but so that this can be a discussion as well, are there any movies you are all excited to see this summer? (FTR Magic Mike is NOT one of mine.)

Re: Summer Blockbusters?

• I typically hate movies, but I'm excited for Minions!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• There's a lot of Marvel movies coming out in the next few years.  We'll go see Ant Man for sure.  I know there are other movies I want to see too, based on previews, but I can't think of them at the moment.  

We've already seen San Andreas, Jurassic World and Terminator in the last month or so.  This summer is a better blockbuster summer than we've had in a long time.  

• beachyone15beachyone15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    Antman for sure; Trainwreck looks like it COULD be funny; and as terrible as this sounds, I kind of want to see that Adam Sandler movie Pixels.

ETA: How could I forget to add Magic Mike?! Hopefully there's less talking in this one. There was entirely too much actual storyline going on in the first one.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Inside Out and Magic Mike.
  • I was so excited for Jurassic World but I have already seen it. I can't think of another movie that I want to see. I am hoping to see Jurassic World in 3D this weekend.
  • Okay I quite enjoyed that haha.

I'm not so much looking forward to summer, more fall I guess.

Scorch Trials & Mockingjay pt 2!

• Inside Out was adorable...  We saw it last weekend.

I love the Marvel movies but I'm on the fence about Ant Man.  DH really wants to go see it so I'm sure we will, hopefully I can talk him into a matinee to save a few bucks in case it sucks.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I saw Jurassic World in 3D. Jurassic Park scared the shit out of me as a child and this one did too. So well done!

Inside Out and Minions look adorable.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Highly recommend Inside Out! We took our son but it is amazing and great for adults too. Not your traditional kids movie and really thoughtful and smart!

We will take DS to see Minions at the drive in, and we want to see Jurassic World
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I rarely see movies in the theatre but I want to see the Minion movie!
  • We're not seeing many movies in theaters this summer - maybe Minions - but we're going to a few outdoor movies. Same idea as drive-ins, but not in cars.
    Going to see "Big Hero 6" and "Box Trolls" for sure :) Kinda stoked actually.

FI wants to see "Jurassic Park" but I'm not a huge fan, plus I saw it in real drive-in when it first came out ;)
  • We've already seen Jurassic World, and are big Marvel nuts, so Ant-Man is a definite.

Next up will be Terminator (we've been watching the old ones at home over the last few nights).  I want to see Inside Out, too.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Wegl13Wegl13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Jurassic World people- did you see the Jimmy Buffett cameo? Because that was the best part. Inside Out was great- no Up but still good classic Pixar. Looking forward to Trainwreck and Minions although I swear I have seen the SAME MINIONS TRAILER at every movie we've been to in the past year.
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    Wegl13 said:
    Jurassic World people- did you see the Jimmy Buffett cameo? Because that was the best part. Inside Out was great- no Up but still good classic Pixar. Looking forward to Trainwreck and Minions although I swear I have seen the SAME MINIONS TRAILER at every movie we've been to in the past year.

I wouldn't want to leave my margarita behind either.
  • luckya23 said:
    I typically hate movies, but I'm excited for Minions!

i think we just became best friends. 
  • I saw Jurassic World and San Andreas this summer so far. Not a blockbuster but I can't wait to see Meryl Streep and Mamie Gunner (her daughter) in Ricki and the Flash. It comes out on my birthday, too (August).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• For some reason I'm not really interested in Jurassic World at all. And I never saw Despicable Me so I guess I am not into Minions or Inside out. Guess this will change when I have kids, but for now I'm not really into "kid's" movies.

We saw Ted 2 and it was awesome. Just as good as the first. Want to see Selfless with Ryan Reynolds.

• H and I were out for a bike ride yesterday and we passed the theater, so I paused and said "let's see what's playing". This is what I took away from that:

1. There's a trend for making sequels of movies originally made like 20-30 years ago (Jurassic Park, Terminator, etc.)

2. It's been a really long time since I've watched a movie in a theater and I think I know why.

3. I must be old.
  • I want to see Ted 2, Magic Mike XXL, Minions, Inside Out, Trainwreck, Jurassic World. 

But we never go to the movies so we'll wait until they come out to Redbox or PPv.

• So far I've seen Jurassic World, Ted 2, and Inside Out. All awesome! The best though was the short film "Lava" that played before Inside Out. The song is still in my head!

Looking ahead, the Vacation and Fantastic Four remakes look pretty good.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• peachy13 said:
    So far I've seen Jurassic World, Ted 2, and Inside Out. All awesome! The best though was the short film "Lava" that played before Inside Out. The song is still in my head!

Looking ahead, the Vacation and Fantastic Four remakes look pretty good.

_____

YES to the Lava short film! That was so sweet and totally made me tear up
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    I am looking forward to next summer when The Secret Life of Pets comes out.  It is a definite must see for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards