Nevada-Las Vegas

Neon boneyard

Does anyone have pricing info for photography? Thankyou!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Neon boneyard

• For one hour it was like $400 and that does not include the photographer. They have a new gallery (not as cool) that is $200 for 30 mins. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah the place keeps cranking up the price; when we did our one year anniv there, it was $300 for an hour, it may even be beyond $400 now.  They're also very strict on how many people, if they're a commercial photographer, etc.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I keep meaning to ask about this - what's the deal with having photos taken there if you already have a photographer? I see on their website that you need special permission/some kind of licence?
  • @hmgiffor did you end up going to neon museum for pictures or not? @vegasgroom thanks for the info it's very expensive isn't it !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I keep meaning to ask about this - what's the deal with having photos taken there if you already have a photographer? I see on their website that you need special permission/some kind of licence?
    They have restrictions on the types of people who can be there, and the number.  For example, one price will only allow two people with cameras and the couple, no more.  They may ask for a business license for the photographer.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Yeah, @hmgiffor has the right of it. I have an e-mail from March and the options are as follows:

Main Boneyard, $400 per hour, maximum 6 people. They tell you what time you can come, you don't get to pick.

North Gallery (just one square area lined with signs), 30 minute shoot, $200 for up to 10 people, $250 for 11-15 people, $300 for 16-20 people. You can book times between 9 AM and noon.

Photographers are only allowed to use photos for personal and portfolio use. No drunk people allowed.
  • No it was just too expensive and far off the strip so it didn't end up working out. For our anniversary we will likely have photos taken there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been looking online trying to see what signs are available at the north gallery as that price is more affordable, if anyone's interested here in a insight into the north gallery https://www.flickr.com/photos/voxsolidcommunications/sets/72157644700523570/ If anyone else has any pictures of the north gallery please post!! Always helpful to have a reference x
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've just had the email back to say our time is available on our date if we want it - not sure if we are going to end up doing it as we do not get married until 2:30pm and $400 is a lot! Although when I keep seeing other wedding photos there I don't think I want to miss out on doing it!
  • I've booked the north gallery for 30 mins at $200 as a suprise for my husband to be he wants some vegas looking pictures and I can't think of a better place than here. Getting married on his birthday so will be a nice birthday suprise for him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Keep in mind, $400 is just the site fee. You still have to pay for an 'approved' photographer on top of that.

We're skipping it for our wedding photos but are planning on doing it for an anniversary (mainly because I'm obsessed with signs and letters).
  • xoeden said:

Keep in mind, $400 is just the site fee. You still have to pay for an 'approved' photographer on top of that.

We're skipping it for our wedding photos but are planning on doing it for an anniversary (mainly because I'm obsessed with signs and letters).
    Oh so my wedding photographer may not even be on the approved list?! Oh I think it's definitely out for us then.
  • Nobody has said anything to me about an approved photographer they just asked for our photographers contact details
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Lauren, I had the same, they just said there couldn't be anybody else taking photos apart from our wedding photographer? I did provide the name on the form though so perhaps he is already on the approved list and that's why they didn't mention it?
  • xoedenxoeden member
    It might be that your photographers are already approved to shoot at the Boneyard, @mrsptobeinvegas and @laurenlozzy. They're protective of their signs (for obvious reasons). I think the photographers have to prove that they're a legitimate business and might (probably) have to go through a training course on like, not touching the signs or something like that, or maybe just go through a check list on what equipment can be brought in.
  • xoedenxoeden member
    Ugh these photos are so pretty. It makes me want to find a way to work it in to our photos, but we're going to do it for an anniversary... so great, though!
  • @melissamerchant wow amazing pictures! I love the just married one is that edited in? We are also using Todd so excited!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Just Married was edited in - but you can only tell if you zoom in really close. Todd was amazing, I would recommend him to anyone one, any time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards