Chit Chat

Happy Friday! Weekend plans?

It is finally Friday! This week has really dragged on since I had a 4 day week last week. 

What are your weekend plans?

Tonight I think I'm going to grill some steaks for DH and baked potatoes and a salad. Maybe we'll rent a movie or just watch one on the DVR.

Tomorrow, I am determined to wash my car and clean the inside. I also need to do laundry and clean the house.

DH is working this weekend so we normally don't make plans at night on his weekends on since he has to wake up at 3:45 am for work.

Sunday, I hope to go to church and then we'll visit family.

Re: Happy Friday! Weekend plans?

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Rain is finally stopping so hoping to hit the pool Sat or Sun.  Also going to see the Minion movie!!

The condo H is selling (was a rental) goes live today. I'm a little nervous because the pix don't look good because the last tenant covered the nail holes and then the spot painting doesn't match and it looks bad. granted paint shouldn't be something to sway someone from buying but as an empty condo it really sticks out.  Would have been way better to have left the nails or at least the holes but of course why listen to me :)

• @emmaaa This week has dragged for me as well. Plus I've had a dull headache all week, which hasn't helped.

Tonight I'm making black bean burgers for dinner and we'll watch the Yankees game. H really wanted to have a fire tonight but it's still too soggy in our backyard from the rain Wednesday and Thursday. I told H we could do it Saturday night once the ground has dried out.

This weekend is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous here. H and I have plans to put down mulch in the beds all around our house - would've done it months ago but we wanted to wait until we got new gutters, which finally happened on Tuesday. We're also going to clean out our guest room so we can actually get in there and paint and use it again. 

Sunday I have no idea what we're doing. I think we might go for a little hike and get ice cream somewhere. H will probably want to go to his parents house for dinner but I need a break from them. We see his parents ALL THE TIME and while they are lovely people, it can be a little much sometimes. 
  • @cupcait927 We see DH's parents SO often. And I love them, I do. But sometimes I just need a break. We usually go on sundays to see them and every time they say, "Oh y'all haven't come to see us in forever!" I'm just like, "Uhm, we were here last Sunday?" Then I have to explain that DH and I wake up by 4:00 am every morning and I am not home from work until 6:30 pm. By the time I cook dinner and we eat, it is close to 8:00 pm which means time to head to bed. Sorry, shrug.

I totally feel you.

• I am ready for the week to be over.   I WFH but I'm covering for coworkers in two plants who aren't in the office which makes it harder to make progress on my projects.

Plus, DS has a cruddy cough so he was up multiple times throughout the night.   We actually have an end of his crib on a jack stand and it didn't seem to take until about 4 AM.   I. AM. TIRED.

It's not supposed to rain and it should be really nice so I'm hoping to get out of the house and enjoy family time.   There is a local festival happening and there are fireworks tomorrow night and I want to go to there.   
  • I have a good weekend planned. Tonight I'm going to see a movie with some friends for work, tomorrow I am visiting and friend I haven't seen in a long time, and Sunday I am working on job applications, which I am actually excited about. Now if only it were quitting time...
  • Weekend is full of work.     Good news, the rain has stopped. The high is only going to be in the low 80's with low humidity.   Should be nice days on the golf course.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    Weekend is full of work.     Good news, the rain has stopped. The high is only going to be in the low 80's with low humidity.   Should be nice days on the golf course.
    Hopefully that means good tips for you (if you get tips?). 

• We're going to the movies tonight with friends, and I can't wait. I've been so bored this week.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    We're going to the movies tonight with friends, and I can't wait. I've been so bored this week.
    @AddieCake What movie are y'all watching or have y'all decided yet?

• emmaaa said:
    AddieCake said:
    We're going to the movies tonight with friends, and I can't wait. I've been so bored this week.
    @AddieCake What movie are y'all watching or have y'all decided yet?

Avengers Age of Ultron
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Tomorrow I have to catch up on work because I had a rough transition back this week after the honeymoon!

Sunday I have two competing picnics, both about an hour away and an hour from each other, that I told both I would try to make.  One is my coworkers', and the other is a cousin's grad party. 

Then I'm debating since I'll already be an hour from home if I should drive up to Boston and stay the night to get an early start on my projects up there on Monday.  I have to convince my mom to watch the pup though...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• emmaaa said:
    lyndausvi said:
    Weekend is full of work.     Good news, the rain has stopped. The high is only going to be in the low 80's with low humidity.   Should be nice days on the golf course.
    It's a non-tipping club.

It's all good.  I make good money for driving around reverse on the golf course selling gatorade, vitamin waters and a few beers every now and then.    I only see golfers every 15-20 minutes.   Not exactly a busy job.

Good news is there are no phones, no emails.  I just get to hang out, look at the view.  See wildlife like bears, coyotes, horses, cows, elk and deer.   Pretty relaxing actually.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    emmaaa said:
    lyndausvi said:
    It's a non-tipping club.

It's all good.  I make good money for driving around reverse on the golf course selling gatorade, vitamin waters and a few beers every now and then.    I only see golfers every 15-20 minutes.   Not exactly a busy job.

Good news is there are no phones, no emails.  I just get to hang out, look at the view.  See wildlife like bears, coyotes, horses, cows, elk and deer.   Pretty relaxing actually.
    That sounds pretty relaxing. I filled in on the beverage cart one day at DH's old course and made like $250 in four hours. I was like, hmmm, maybe I should do htis full time.

• I hope to spend some more time at the pool. Saturday night we are doing a belated birthday dinner for DH at his parent's house. Sunday we have dinner with my parents. Other than that hopefully it will be a nice, relaxing weekend.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• emmaaa said:
    lyndausvi said:
    emmaaa said:
    lyndausvi said:
    It's a non-tipping club.

That sounds pretty relaxing. I filled in on the beverage cart one day at DH's old course and made like $250 in four hours. I was like, hmmm, maybe I should do htis full time.
    Some girls (always girls,  never dudes) make $300-400 a day on the beverage carts.    I don't make that much, but it's all good.   Since DH works everyday anyway, we do not have kids.  It's easy money for the summer.  Not a long term commitment.  It is all direct deposited into my savings. Mostly vacation savings at that.  When the club shuts down in the fall we go away a few times.   

We have a few tournaments coming up this month.  Those are even easier.  I just park myself and the golfers come to me.  It's all free for them, so I just tick off what was taken.   Easy, pease.

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Some girls (always girls,  never dudes) make $300-400 a day on the beverage carts.    I don't make that much, but it's all good.   Since DH works everyday anyway, we do not have kids.  It's easy money for the summer.  Not a long term commitment.  It is all direct deposited into my savings. Mostly vacation savings at that.  When the club shuts down in the fall we go away a few times.   

We have a few tournaments coming up this month.  Those are even easier.  I just park myself and the golfers come to me.  It's all free for them, so I just tick off what was taken.   Easy, pease.
    is this at the same club or a different one?
  • We are going to make beef jerky this weekend. And go to the pool.
  • SO happy it's finally the weekend!!!

Tonight FI and I have a triple date night with my 2 best friends and their husbands. Excited to try a new restaurant!

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment, blech! Then I have to drive an hour south for a wedding shower for a wedding I am in this fall. Tomorrow night we are celebrating a friend's birthday with dinner and drinks! Whoo hoo.

Sunday I NEED to get to the store. For real. And to clean hardcore. If it's nice out I would like to spend time outside working on my tan. Sunday night I am heading into the city for dinner with college friends.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

is this at the same club or a different one?
    different clubs.   Ours is a tip free-club (except for the caddies, who are independent).  

The clubs that are not tip free the bev cart girls can make a lot of money.   Depending on where you live it's mostly just seasonal.  Great way to make extra money. 

Competition can be hard for those jobs.   Even at our place it's considered a top job.   Once you get into the rotation you are pretty much set for the next season unless you decide not to come back at all.

• My town has an "art walk" the second Friday of each month; mostly performing artists.  It was rainy / cold for the last one, so I didn't go.  I might go tonight, but will probably end up at the gym instead.  It's also open mic night at a place in town and that goes till midnight so we might pop out to that after dinner.

Saturday is errands and then grilling at the FPIL's in the early evening.

Sunday is a family picnic / reunion.
  • KatWAG said:
    I might give muffin munching a try, heard its pretty great.

Feel free to stop by my lady garden.

(Is propositioning another poster expressly against the TOS??)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    blabla89 said:
    KatWAG said:

I think I am going to need some practice, so thanks for volunteering. Any tips? TMI, I can open my mouth really wide.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:
    blabla89 said:
    KatWAG said:

I think I am going to need some practice, so thanks for volunteering. Any tips? TMI, I can open my mouth really wide.
    Take me out for froyo afterward. And maybe bring a third. @vulgargirl where you at??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    blabla89 said:
    KatWAG said:
    blabla89 said:
    KatWAG said:

Take me out for froyo afterward. And maybe bring a third. @vulgargirl where you at??
    Girl, you can have all the froyo you want! Maybe Vulgar can give a memo.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We saw the Minion movie last night and it was SO CUTE!!!!! A must see for sure.

We're going to my niece's/nephew's joint birthday party tomorrow (ages 1 & 3 respectively).  

I might go see Inside Out (again) also.  H thinks I'm crazy because I've already seen it...uhh...a few times ;)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• It's going to be 105 degrees here, so DH and I are kidnapping our 13-year old nephew and heading north to go fishing in the mountains, where it's supposed to be high of only 80 degrees.

• blabla89 said:

KatWAG said:

blabla89 said:

KatWAG said:

Girl tacos, anyone?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Finally getting my hair done tomorrow morning and tomorrow night DH has a show (he is an Indy Pro Wrestler) so that's where I'll be cheering him on.

Sunday is just a trip to Costco.

DH also has off next week as his boss closed the office for the week so we will probably start working on the nursery, hopefully.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards