October 2016 Weddings

Honeymoon Ideas

Hey knotties!

Fiancé and I are debating if we will leave *right* after our 10/22/16 wedding. Of course cost comes into play. The other concern I have, is going to a destination that's a bit unique and not in hurricane season or crappy weather.

How are other Fall Brides, thinking of honeymooning in October or November of 2016 dealing with this? I'm open to feedback!

Re: Honeymoon Ideas

• We've set our sights on Sandals Resort in St. Lucia in October; maybe we're putting our eggs in one basket since it's still hurricane season, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg!! We want to do Sandles St. Lucia!
  • We can't decide; maybe renting a small cabin in Canada.  Or one of the Viking River Cruises through Europe.  Or staying at this B&B next to Neuchwanstein Castle in Germany.

Honestly, the budget is going to decide most of it, and some family members that offered to contribute have since waffled about it.  Oh well, wherever we stay, we're probably not going to leave the room much.  ;)

when someone starts ranting

• We are getting married a week before you & Oct 22 is my fiancés birthday! We are planning on going to Curaçao in the Caribbean. They have beautiful private villas with infinity pools that I fell in love with.
  • We are Canadian so I really want to go to Niagara on the Lake wine region in Ontario for our honeymoon. It's supposed to be beautiful in fall and there are tonnes of b&b's there too.
  • We're thinking either Venice then Greece or back to Africa- a few days in Zambia where we met then to South Africa! Unsure if it'd be warm enough to really enjoy Greece in mid-October tho! Plus I'm still pulling for Cambodia, one of my favorite places... But FI isn't big on SE Asia!
    Obviously we are still in the early stages ;)
  • We're thinking either Venice then Greece or back to Africa- a few days in Zambia where we met then to South Africa! Unsure if it'd be warm enough to really enjoy Greece in mid-October tho! Plus I'm still pulling for Cambodia, one of my favorite places... But FI isn't big on SE Asia! Obviously we are still in the early stages ;)
    I went to Venice and Greece a few years ago, and loved it! I've never been to Africa or Asia, but have always wanted to. I can't even convince FI to go to Australia, although that probably has something to do with the fact that I would never want to come back.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We decided to just go later. I couldn't justifying going away on our honeymoon and fall into the possibility of having it be terrible the entire time. We went with Sandals in Montego Bay, Jamaica for February. It's a little far from our wedding date but we don't mind. We still got all the benefits offered to us and they are still giving us the "honeymoon" package even though we aren't going right away.
  • We are going to Disney for a few days immediately after, because I have always wanted to see Disney at Halloween, plus the food and wine festival is happening. Later in the spring we are taking a route 66 road trip. Our plans seem way less fancy than everything anyone else has mentioned here, but I love them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are getting married a week before you & Oct 22 is my fiancés birthday! We are planning on going to Curaçao in the Caribbean. They have beautiful private villas with infinity pools that I fell in love with.

We are getting married Oct 22 and planning on going to Curacao as well! They are supposed to be out of the hurricane zone and it looks beautiful there! Its everything we were looking for in a honeymoon destination! 
  • We are the 22nd as well! We haven't decided anything yet. I would love to spend a weekend in Savannah or New Orleans. I want to raft down the Grand Canyon but I think October is late in the year for that. Ultimately, FH is going to choose b/c I have done most of the work planning this wedding so the honeymoon is his gig. :) I know he will do a fabulous job.
  • For us, my FI gets to plan and decide all of the honeymoon details. Our agreement was, I get who/what I want for Photography, and he gets where/ what he wants for Honeymoon. Likely somewhere hot and all inclusive. I really don't care TBH.
  • For us, my FI gets to plan and decide all of the honeymoon details. Our agreement was, I get who/what I want for Photography, and he gets where/ what he wants for Honeymoon. Likely somewhere hot and all inclusive. I really don't care TBH.
    Us too. This is his second wedding, but my first. So I get to have most of what I want for the wedding and asked him if he would like to take care of the honeymoon planning. He seemed pretty stoked about it as his first wife was pregnant by the time they went on their honeymoon and was too tired and sick to do anything. 
  • We had been looking into those National Park Tours out west but hadn't decided on any yet. That or somewhere beachy. I'm a little unsure of our west in some of those national parks when it starts to get colder.  We are beginning of October but have to wait til the end of the month because of work ---not complaining because I didn't want to leave right after anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards