New York-Long Island

HELP! I am having a very difficult time deciding between Larkfield Manor vs Royalton Mansion?

My fiancé and I are having a really difficult time deciding between the Larkfield Manor or Royalton Manison. The Royalton Mansion was the very first venue I went to go see and fell in love with. I know the food and service will be top notch. My only dilemma  I am concerned about is the amount of people that I am anticipating, which is approximately 220 people will be too cramped. I want to make sure my guests will have enough room to mingle and dance.

The Larkfield Manor on the other hand has a totally different look than the Royalton Mansion, It has more of a Tuscan look and is also very beautiful. Space is not an issue here at all, however I am not sure what the food is like and coming from an Italian family that is a very important component.

If anyone has been to a wedding at any of these venues please give me your opinion as to whether my guests will be cramped at the Royalton and if I decide to go with the Larkfield if food is good. Thank you very much !

Re: HELP! I am having a very difficult time deciding between Larkfield Manor vs Royalton Mansion?

• I have no idea what or where these places are. I would suggest posting on your local board. Most posters on here will be clueless, as this is an international board.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I don't know what either of these locations look like, but always go with the location that will give you enough room for the amount of invited guests.  Go in assuming you will have a 100% acceptance rate.

If you already think the Manor will be cramped go with the Mansion.
    Anniversary

• See if the venue will allow you to come in on a day they have a wedding that is close to your guest number. You can see the way the tables are set up and determine if there's room. My venue has had weddings each day we've gone to meet with the coordinator and we've been able to see how 150, 185, and 200 guests will look like. They also wouldn't let you be there if they couldn't accommodate your number. 
  • OP, I am moving this to the Long Island board. The board you posted on in international.
    *********************************************************************************

• Also, @pinkcow13 @climbingwife @sarahufl @laqueredlover..... Have you been to either of these venues? Can y'all think of any other NYC knotties who might have been to a wedding at either of these venues?
    *********************************************************************************

• Also, @pinkcow13 @climbingwife @sarahufl @laqueredlover..... Have you been to either of these venues? Can y'all think of any other NYC knotties who might have been to a wedding at either of these venues?
    Nope, not me. But I also haven't been to many weddings in the area :)
  • No I haven't been to either venue. You can ask them to see if they have pictures of a wedding around your number, or ask them how the set up would be. If you really do think that it would be cramped, though, I would go with the Manor over the Mansion.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Unforunately I haven't been to either venue. Sorry!
  • I've been to a wedding at the royal ton, if you want a mini mansion/ custom feel go with that one. if the feel doesn't concern you go with lark field it looks bigger for the amount of guests you're having, the wedding i went to was only 175 it seemed big enough the cocktail hour was also partially outside / tented..the reception space is okay, wasn't too impressed. there were some cute fire places which added something to the space. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards