Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Looking for Estate-like Wedding Venue in PA! Help!

I am looking for an amazing wedding venue in the Philadelphia/Bucks/Montgomery Area. I love the Cairnwood Estate but am looking for something less pricey and less strict. We would like to choose our own caterer and provide our own alcohol/bartender, as my fiancé is a Chef in Allentown. 

Does anyone have suggestions of estate/mansion type locations that they have attended or got married at, that are reasonably priced? Exposed stone/brick and beautiful grounds preferred. Looking for a late september 2015 date. 

Thank you! 

Re: Looking for Estate-like Wedding Venue in PA! Help!

• @Knottie50978201 - I moved your thread to the Philly board so you'd get more responses.
  • I am looking for an amazing wedding venue in the Philadelphia/Bucks/Montgomery Area. I love the Cairnwood Estate but am looking for something less pricey and less strict. We would like to choose our own caterer and provide our own alcohol/bartender, as my fiancé is a Chef in Allentown. 

Does anyone have suggestions of estate/mansion type locations that they have attended or got married at, that are reasonably priced? Exposed stone/brick and beautiful grounds preferred. Looking for a late september 2015 date. 

Thank you! 

If you like Cairnwood you might also like the Merion Tribute House. I think they have preferred caterers BUT you might be able to negotiate bringing in your own catering. When I was looking at venues, they seemed open to the idea. (N.B. we did not end up getting married here.)

You could also try Greystone Hall, but I'm not sure how open they are to outside catering.
  • Have you done a venue search on Partyspace.com yet?  They allow you to limit to reception size, venue style, etc. so you can get a good starting list and pricing idea.  I live in Philly, and know that a lot of the Philadelphia Parks Department sites (which include many historic mansions) allow you to bring in your own caterer and they definitely have that "estate" feel you're looking for- like Belmont Mansion!  It's on a beautiful plateau which has an amazing view of the city.

Best of luck!
  • There is a mansion in Ridley Creek State Park that may allow outside caterers.  I haven't been to an event there, but I've been to the park.  And Bolingbroke Mansion definitely allows outside caterers. I've been to a shower there.  It is not a huge place, but it is affordable and really pretty.
  • dmg213dmg213 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2015
    Have you checked out Aldie Mansion? They are associated with the caterer I am using for my October wedding at a different location, who is called Jeffrey A Miller (JAM) Catering.  I never visited Aldie but the pictures make me think it may be a viable option for you.  One of the main reasons I chose to work with JAM is due to the farm-to-table fresh food.  They have such a creative menu with so many choices.  We actually first discovered them at our friends' wedding which was at yet another one of JAM's locations.  Check out their different venues here: http://jamcater.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards