Georgia-Atlanta

Is $4,000 for a venue doable?

edited July 2015 in Georgia-Atlanta
Hey guys..I just need to pick your brains real quick...can anyone tell me if $4,000 for a venue in Atlanta or outskirts is doable?...i was thinking of a house where i could have the ceremony and a big backyard party for my reception...my budget for venue, food, beer/wine, etc is $4,000...is this doable?...if so, can you give me some ideas for a venue that's in my price range?..I really appreciate the help!..i have no idea what I'm doing! :)

Re: Is $4,000 for a venue doable?

• Hey guys..I just need to pick your brains real quick...can anyone tell me if $4,000 for a venue in Atlanta or outskirts is doable?...i was thinking of a house where i could have the ceremony and a big backyard party for my reception...my budget for venue, food, beer/wine, etc is $4,000...is this doable?...if so, can you give me some ideas for a venue that's in my price range?..I really appreciate the help!..i have no idea what I'm doing! :)
    Well, this is an international board, so I don't think most people will be able to help you with specifics.  But you have lots of options.  Food for different times of day will cost different amounts; lunch costs less than dinner, a non-meal timed event would cost less than lunch.  You need a rain plan, so an indoor/outdoor thing where the party can't fit indoors might not be feasable unless you have an outdoor tent which could make things expensive.  Depending on how many people you're planning on inviting, you might be able to do the party room of a restaurant.
  • It really varies.   How many people are planning on having?  What time of day?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm happy to move this to your local board - just let me know!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yes - you'll want this moved to the Atlanta boards because this is an international board.  The one detail you didn't include is how many guests.  Without that number it's hard to say "yes or "no" regardless of the location!
  • oops!...sorry guys..i'm new to knot so i thought i was in the atlanta group...
  • Moving this now!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I suppose it depends on the size of your guest list, as that's one of the biggest factors in the total cost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hi, I don't know about any houses but have you heard of Roswell River Landing? It is pretty affordable compared to other venues, the rental fee is only $1,600 for a weekend night. You would have to get your own food and drinks but I'm sure you could find someone to cater within your budget! There is a really pretty dock area that couples usually get married on, and then inside there is plenty of space for tables and a dance floor. I was just at a wedding here the other weekend and  it was beautiful! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards