DIY Wedding Forum

Are wrought iron tiki torches tacky?

I have outside space available for my wedding but do not know how to decorate.  One area is grassy while the other is a stone patio.  What are your suggestions for decoration?  Are wrought iron tiki torches tacky? I found 12 at a Goodwill.  On the fence about buying.

Re: Are wrought iron tiki torches tacky?

• If you live in an area with mosquitoes, or as they are considered here to be the State Bird - they're not tacky!!!
  • Personally, I don't think they are tacky at all.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I don't think they are tacky either. And like PP said, if you live an area with mosquitos, your guests will love you for filling them with citronella. The smell of citronella isn't as bad in a torch as it is on those candles you can put on a table.
  • Thanks!  Picked up 12 for 24.99.  
  • cgss11cgss11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I don't think they're tacky, but check with your venue about lighting them. Ours specifically stated no open flame outside (of course I do live in the desert so that could be part of it).
  • cgss11 said:
    I don't think they're tacky, but check with your venue about lighting them. Ours specifically stated no open flame outside (of course I do live in the desert so that could be part of it).
    Oh boy, didn't  even think about that.  Thanks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards