South Asian Weddings

Do I need to go to India to do bridal shopping?

Hi! Starting to do wedding shopping. Was not planning to go to India but am having a hard time finding outfits in Jersey/NY or online, and the prices seem marked up. 

Do you think I need to go to India to do my dress shopping? 

Are there good online shops I can purchase from? 

Is Toronto a good place to shop? 

Would appreciate any advice. 
Thanks!

Answers

• In all honestly; it;s not worth the travel unless your planning to visit family etc.

If you look at it this way that the amount your going to spend on flights and hotel; you can buy an outfit of much higher value in your home town. In Toronto is probably worth going to the Suhaag wedding show. There may be a few NY bridal vendors on the directory on South Asian Bride Magazine. If you require cinematography for your wedding, be sure to check out www.filmartpictures.com
  • hello! I have a ton of saris and lenghas!  please email bawaaart@gmail.com for pics!:)
  • edited August 2015
    If you have a lot of items to buy then the trip to India is worth it. I'm going to India but only because I'm buying clothes for myself, groom, both our families, and the bridal party in addition to getting all my paper products printed there like invitations.

From what I've heard Toronto is a good place to go shopping...if you check out this Indian makeup artist in Toronto she is always showing her clothing/jewelry hauls in Toronto and mentions what stores she is going to (channel name is KeepingUpWithMona).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards