Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Too Much Food?? + Menu AW

Hey yall! FI and I have finally finished our menu and I'm so excited, I wanted to share!

Also, I am a little worried this might be too much food and would love some feedback. We still have 2 weeks before rsvps are due but are anticipating 100-120 guests. I love our selection, but also don't want guests to be full before dinner and not get to enjoy the rest! Also, let me know if you think there isn't enough variety or options for people who may have different food preferences.

Stationary Platter Appetizers:

Seasonal Fruit and Cheeses Display

White cheddar, gorgonzola, parmesan, herbed boursin cheese, candied pecans, mango chutney, seasonal fruit skewers, watermelon, olive medley, crostini

Hummus, Tabouleh, and Bab Ghanouj with Pita and Crudité

With vegetable chips, tomatoes, and olives

Shrimp Cocktail

With classic cocktail sauce, datil pink sauce, and datil hot sauce with lemons and crackers

Butler Passed Appetizers:

Shaved Beef Tenderloin on Crostini with Truffle Oil and  Arugula

Pistachio Herb Crusted Lamb “Lollipop”

Crab Cakes with Mango Chutney

Teriyaki Chicken Satay

Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Meyer Lemon

Tomato, Basil, Garlic Bruschetta

Salad: (served tableside)

Artisanal Mixed Greens with Carrot, Cucumber, Grape Tomato, and Olive with choice of Creamy Parmesan Herb Dressing or Cilantro Vinaigrette

Bread and Butter

Entrées: (Plated, Assigned Seating Only)

Herb Rubbed Beef Tenderloin with Brandy Peppercorn Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans      

Or

Cilantro Ginger Cashew Crusted Sea Bass over Vegetable Fried Rice topped with Cucumber Slaw

Or

Sautéed Chicken Breast with Chardonnay Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Spinach

Or

Grilled Stuffed Eggplant Baked with Tomato Sauce and Italian Cheese Blend served with Olive Oil and Garlic tossed Penne Pasta and Oven Roast Green Beans 

Late Night Snacks (to be served in butler passed slices):

Hawaiian Pizza

Cheese Pizza

Margarita Pizza

Chicken and Garlic Pizza

Dessert:

Chocolate Mousse

Assorted cupcakes in the following flavors: 

Chocolate, Funfetti Vanilla, Red Velvet, Carrott Cake, Lemon, Cookies and Cream, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Coconut Key Lime Pie, Chocolate Salted Caramel, White Chocolate Rasberry, Tiramisu, Maple Bacon

Re: Too Much Food?? + Menu AW

• This sounds amazing!!! Yum to everything! I would shamelessly tale a b list invite to eat all of this!
    *********************************************************************************

• Do you want me to PM you my address so I can be invited? ;) This menu looks amazing!

Can I also comment on the late night pizza choices? Thank you for having some that don't have pizza sauce! I reason I don't like pizza is the sauce, so the ones without it I would eat!
  • Thanks guys :) 

@thespeshulestsnowflake I am the same way! And there's always waayy too much sauce on a single slice.

Do you guys think that this menu will be pleasing to the masses, or should I add in something like pigs in a blanket or cocktail meatballs (crowd pleasers)?
  • I actually think you should be fine on pleasing the masses. There's enough "normal" looking things, that once on a plate shouldn't make anyone who is picky complain. Written out they might say something, but once it is on a plate they most likely couldn't tell the difference.

But good cocktail meatballs are always welcome! :)
  • Holy cow!!!  Can I come pleeeeze?  That sounds amazing.  I promise a very nice gift, just sayin.
  • You menu sounds delicious! 
  • very nice and well balanced menu.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • There is no such thing as too much food.

• Thanks ladies!! I appreciate the feedback for sure. 

I just need to stop myself from adding more....cuz that's what I am tempted to do every time I read someone else's menu. I just want all the food. I mean, that's why I'm getting married, right? 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    There can never be enough food! :)
     As someone who doesn't eat meat or seafood, I'd definitely be hungry leading up to dinner, since the fruit/cheese and hummus aren't filling and the passed appetizers are predominantly meat or seafood.  Weddings I attend usually have pasta stations, mashed potato bar, focaccia/bread/garlic knot display, etc., although i think the majority of guests would be happy with your apps.
    The salad looks delicious, great variety in entrees and I love weddings with late-night pizza!  And absolute cupcake heaven!  Enjoy!
  • eileenrob said:
    There can never be enough food! :)
     As someone who doesn't eat meat or seafood, I'd definitely be hungry leading up to dinner, since the fruit/cheese and hummus aren't filling and the passed appetizers are predominantly meat or seafood.  Weddings I attend usually have pasta stations, mashed potato bar, focaccia/bread/garlic knot display, etc., although i think the majority of guests would be happy with your apps.
    The salad looks delicious, great variety in entrees and I love weddings with late-night pizza!  And absolute cupcake heaven!  Enjoy!
    Thanks for the input....I was wondering if there were enough apps for a vegetarian. I only have 3 on my guestlist but want to make sure they are well fed too! I'm thinking of adding a pasta set up.
  • Thanks guys :) 

@thespeshulestsnowflake I am the same way! And there's always waayy too much sauce on a single slice.

Do you guys think that this menu will be pleasing to the masses, or should I add in something like pigs in a blanket or cocktail meatballs (crowd pleasers)?
    No! You have PLENTY of very nice options. You do not need to dumb down your menu because people might not be familiar with every item on it. Pigs in a blanket belong next to chips and Rotel dip, not next to lamb lollipops. People can learn to branch out and try something new.

Honestly between the cheese plate, dips/pita/crudite and bruschetta the 3 vegetarians should be fine until dinner. No need to fill people up completely when there is still a 3 course meal AND pizza coming later.

Dangit, now I want brandy peppercorn benedicts for breakfast but I'm feeling too lazy to get up and make it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards