Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridal Shower Hostess Gift

My future mother-in-law is throwing me a bridal shower so I can meet all her family and friends.  She always gives little hostess gifts (even when she comes for lunch or something small), so I'd like to bring her something small.  She doesn't drink (so wine is out) and says she always kills plants (which was my initial idea).

Does anyone have any ideas for a small hostess / thank you gift?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower Hostess Gift

• Chocolate? 
  • I gave loaves of Panera bread to my shower hostesses - those were very popular.
  • Chocolate is a great idea. 

You could also do like a flower arrangement in a vase, she can't really kill that since they are only meant to last for a week or so anyways.

Or maybe a really nice scented candle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Edible Arrangement - Pretty like flowers and made of fruit so it's delicious. 
  • Ooh those are great ideas.  I think I may do a small edible arrangements because it has chocolate (great idea) and is kind of like flowers, but she won't feel bad when the die.  I know they will die anyway, but for some reason she seems to take it personally.

Thanks!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is it customary to bring a hostess gift for someone who is having a shower for you? My FMIL is hosting a couples shower for my FI and I this Saturday. I planned on sending her a thank you card, but I never thought to bring her a gift.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    pennydl said:
    Is it customary to bring a hostess gift for someone who is having a shower for you? My FMIL is hosting a couples shower for my FI and I this Saturday. I planned on sending her a thank you card, but I never thought to bring her a gift.

Although I do not think it is mandatory, I have always received a small token of appreciation when I have hosted showers for nieces or nephews.  However, when I was the "silent" host of the shower for my daughter, I did not want her to spend any money, token or not, on my behalf.  I did receive an incredibly heartfelt card from her, and that meant the world to me.  I do not offer to host events with the expectation of receiving anything in return.
  • I'm in favor of hostess gifts. It doesn't have to be extravagant or break the bank, but a small gift and a thank you card to someone for who hosts a party for you is just a nice thing to do.

Ditto the edible flower arrangement idea, because chocolate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards