Wedding Etiquette Forum

Ugh.

Yesterday I asked the other engaged person in the office how his wedding planning was going.

"Well, technically we already are married"

"When I proposed, we decided to do it that day - found an officiant, got a few close friends together, and then did it!"

"But we still feel like we need a ceremony, so we're planning for next summer."

A month after they got married, he 'proposed' in front of their parents and friends, many of whom had traveled just to be there for it.

Re: Ugh.

• I think your thread title sums it up perfectly.
  • My cousins FI made him propose again in front of our family because she was convinced he was joking the first time (?????). No where near as bad as your coworker but why the hell do you need more than one proposal just for families eyes??
  • Well duh, he's not married unless there was formal wear, a tiered cake, and catered rubber tasteless chicken involved. Don't you know anything? 

• banana468 said:
    So he proposed, then they got married, then he proposed again and now they're going to get married again?   Sure.   Makes sense.

How many times a day does this dude at breakfast? 
    Maybe they are Hobbits. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    banana468 said:
    So he proposed, then they got married, then he proposed again and now they're going to get married again?   Sure.   Makes sense.

Maybe they are Hobbits. 
    That was my first thought.  
  • banana468 said:
    AddieCake said:
    banana468 said:

Maybe they are Hobbits. 
    That was my first thought.  

• edited July 2015
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yeah, your title sums it up. Ugh.

Why would you re-propose?? Doesn't that take the sparkle out of it?

Weird.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards