Destination Weddings Discussions

Destination Wedding Thank You to all Guests

I have a random question....We had a destination wedding in January and we just received our printed pictures from our photographer.  First, I did not think it would take 6 months to receive in the mail, but it did (water under the bridge).  I requested for them to print enough copies of our big group photo to send to each guest household.  My intention was to send each of them a picture and a thank you note for coming and celebrating with us. 

1. Do you think it is too late to send this? 
2. If it's not too late...Should I individualize each note (close to 35 notes) or is it okay to print something that is sent to everyone?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Let me also add that we sent each guest a "care package" prior to them leaving for the wedding.  Beach towel, sunglasses, koozie, travel size sunscreen, and travel tips and information about the resort.

Re: Destination Wedding Thank You to all Guests

• snunez3 said:
    I have a random question....We had a destination wedding in January and we just received our printed pictures from our photographer.  First, I did not think it would take 6 months to receive in the mail, but it did (water under the bridge).  I requested for them to print enough copies of our big group photo to send to each guest household.  My intention was to send each of them a picture and a thank you note for coming and celebrating with us. 

1. Do you think it is too late to send this? 
    2. If it's not too late...Should I individualize each note (close to 35 notes) or is it okay to print something that is sent to everyone?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Let me also add that we sent each guest a "care package" prior to them leaving for the wedding.  Beach towel, sunglasses, koozie, travel size sunscreen, and travel tips and information about the resort.
    Wait so have you not sent thank you notes yet?

• No, I have not sent TY notes to those who attended.  I have however sent TY to anyone who we received a gift from.  As I said, when I picked out my pictures 2 weeks after the wedding, the company indicated 10 weeks and I would have all my printed pictures.  But that was not the case...
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    snunez3 said:
    No, I have not sent TY notes to those who attended.  I have however sent TY to anyone who we received a gift from.  As I said, when I picked out my pictures 2 weeks after the wedding, the company indicated 10 weeks and I would have all my printed pictures.  But that was not the case...
    Well you don't send TY notes to those who did not give a gift.  The reception was the thank you for people attending.  When you send thank yous to those who just attend it looks gift grabby.  Like you are trying to remind them "hey you didn't get me anything."

Honestly, I would just save sending any pictures out until it comes time to send out holiday cards, if you still want to give them out.  As a guest who attended your wedding I probably have my own pictures to look at and really what am I supposed to do with a printed wedding picture of you?

• I think sending them out sounds like a good idea, especially if they are in the photo. I'm sure everyone who attended your wedding wouldn't mind being reminded of how fun it was!
  • Thanks @Viczaesar!

Closing zombie thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards