Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement ring insurance

I just got engaged on May 28th!! :) I am wanting to put insurance on my engagement ring, but the only options I have found so far is making it a rider on either homeowners or renters insurance policies... We do not have either of those. Is there any other way to get insurance on it? TIA

Re: Engagement ring insurance

• Options
    I don't know about the insurance, but congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

There are stand alone jewellery policies you can get - try googling stand alone jewellery policy and your city/state, something should come up. You should get a few quotes and make sure to read the fine print very, very carefully.

• Options
    I have mine insured through Perfect Circle insurance.  They once were Jewelers Mutual.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't have homeowners (because we aren't) or renters insurance when we got engaged, but I wanted to get my ring insured.  I didn't know there were stand-alone jewelry insurers at the time, so I just called around to different insurance companies (including my auto insurer) to get renters insurance quotes.  I figured renters insurance was probably a smart thing to have anyway if it was affordable.  I ended up finding a renters policy for $18/month through Liberty Mutual that has great coverage for our apartment/possessions and also covers my ring.  I didn't need to get a jewelry rider because the appraised value of my ring is under a certain amount.

PPs gave great advice too if you aren't interested in getting a renters policy.  Good luck and congratulations!!

• Options
    ohmrs2014 said:
    I have mine insured through Perfect Circle insurance.  They once were Jewelers Mutual.
    This is who we used as well. I wanted a policy for the ring just in case I lost it while on vacation or something. Our homeowners insurance did not seem to have answers I liked about loss while not at home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards