November 2015 Weddings

Are you doing a grand exit?

We are renting a getaway vehicle to leave in. We are staying until the very end of reception. I was thinking of doing something upon leaving but think I'm going to forgoe that. I do want to do bubbles when we walk back down the aisle. Does that sound cheesy? What are y'all planning on doing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are you doing a grand exit?

• We're renting a vintage NY checker taxi cab to take us back to the hotel after the reception--it will also be sitting outside the venue for about an hour before the reception ends for people to take photos if they want, since we have to have it for a minimum of 2 hours. 

We'll exit at the end of the reception with everyone seeing us off, but I don't think we're going to do anything like bubbles, sparklers, etc. mainly because our venue is very particular about what can/can't be used. But I don't think it is cheesy at all--do what you and your FI would like!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @arrrghmatey I'm thinking of just doing bubbles after the outdoor ceremony and then just leave after everyone else. This is what we are leaving in. Maybe I should have it come sooner. Our wedding ends at 10 and I told them to have it there at 10:15
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I forgot the picture.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @arrrghmatey love the idea of the vintage taxi. This is ours
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very nice! I love old cars :) This is what we're getting:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are getting a "50's Rolls. I'm planning on having ribbons on sticks for people to wave as we leave. The car will be outside the entire time, it's also bringing me and my father to the venue just before the wedding starts (there is no place to be out of sight except a women's locker room, yuck for my wedding day!).
  • We are getting a "50's Rolls. I'm planning on having ribbons on sticks for people to wave as we leave. The car will be outside the entire time, it's also bringing me and my father to the venue just before the wedding starts (there is no place to be out of sight except a women's locker room, yuck for my wedding day!).
    I like your sticks with ribbons idea. I may have to steal that…..
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards