Budget Weddings Forum
Options

How can I keep costs down?

2»

Re: How can I keep costs down?

• Options
    I'm having a silk flower bouquet, so there's no preservation cost :) 
  • Options
    There are regional variations in etiquette. Up where I'm from, cash bars at country wedding dances are commonplace, and so are huge guest lists. I'd sooner have 200 merry guests at a dance, just what I'm used to.

Not even a little bit. As PPs have said, CUTURAL TRADITIONS vary, MANNERS do not. Just because your sister's husband's cousin's boyfriend's dog walker had a cash bar and said it was fine, does NOT make it fine. Your sister's husband's cousin's boyfriend's dog walker has bad manners. If you have a cash bar, so will you. You are spending a lot of money on things that do not require budgets that high, and you are better off hosting a proper wedding that can be fit to work within your budget, rather than having guests at your party wondering where your manners went. Also, not that it matters, but you are not having a "country wedding dance". You are hosting a wedding in a reception hall or a hotel, as you said those were your only options. Either would be tacky. Would you host a dinner party in your home and charge people for the drinks you offered? I think not.

• Options
    There are regional variations in etiquette. Up where I'm from, cash bars at country wedding dances are commonplace, and so are huge guest lists. I'd sooner have 200 merry guests at a dance, just what I'm used to.
    Funny, I'm having a "country wedding dance" pretty much, with close to 200 on the guest list, and I still think it's rude as hell to have a cash bar.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Funny, I'm having a "country wedding dance" pretty much, with close to 200 on the guest list, and I still think it's rude as hell to have a cash bar.  
    So weird, two of the last three weddings I went to were country wedding dances in rural areas, and they both had open bars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards