November 2015 Weddings

Anyone doing wedding favors?

I'm bored so I thought I would throw this out there. We are doing caramel apples.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone doing wedding favors?

• Nomnomnomnomnom…..I love caramel apples!

We were originally going to scrap the favors to save $$$, but when my boss (who is coming to the wedding) heard this, she exclaimed "My sister is retired and fills her time by making favors for parties! She'd love to do this for you for free!"

…..Okay! Not sure yet as to what they are going to be. The only preferences I gave were something edible, and themed either in our colors (orange, white, black), San Francisco Giants, or pirate themed. I have my suspicions that they will be something along the lines of being miniature treasure chests filled with candies. I'm really not picky at all, especially since we weren't even going to have favors. I'll definitely be getting boss's sister a nice bottle of wine as a thank you.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Was going to do trailmix, now I'm looking into cider donuts! We just moved to a town that has a cidermill and they make their own donut and they are 10 minutes down the road.  Hopefully they are reasonably priced!
  • klk111415 said:
    Was going to do trailmix, now I'm looking into cider donuts! We just moved to a town that has a cidermill and they make their own donut and they are 10 minutes down the road.  Hopefully they are reasonably priced!

Cider donuts? That sounds yummy. I'm origally from Buffalo, nY and we use to go get fresh cider all the time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • klk111415klk111415 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    edited July 2015
    I'm a little obsessed with anything fall flavored! Pumpkin, apple, spices, you name it! We are doing a cider signature cocktail at the reception.  I'm still trying to decide what to do for our cake... I really love pumpkin cake, or spice cake.  But that might be overkill?
  • klk111415 said:
    I'm a little obsessed with anything fall flavored! Pumpkin, apple, spices, you name it! We are doing a cider signature cocktail at the reception.  I'm still trying to decide what to do for our cake... I really love pumpkin cake, or spice cake.  But that might be overkill?

If that's what you want then go for it! You can do different flavors for the different layers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't really think of anything that would be a great favor for my guests. There are dietary restrictions with a few that I already feel bad about so I wouldn't want to give a favor that they couldn't eat either. 

There is nothing non-edible I can think of that would be cool to give that people would also enjoy. There are so many tastes and styles throughout our families. 

So at this point, no favors...
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards